IGNORED

Orr Rumour

Bristoliain

i always remember when Darren Barnard signed a new contract knowing he was on his way so that we got a better price?

Bang on - pretty certain he signed a deal that had a release clause of around £750k in there, fair shout to the guy.

Pretty certain that Orr's contract would have something similar in there to get him to sign it - although I'm guessing not as much as Barnard!

i always remember when Darren Barnard signed a new contract knowing he was on his way so that we got a better price?

Great player Barnard and obviously a good bloke too. Wish he could have spent more of his career at AG.

I don't know about Bradley, but anything's possible.

It makes you wonder with all those 'definitely going' ( JMW, Noble, Murray), 'maybe going' ( Adebola, John, Trundle, Sproule, Iriekpen), 'interesting other clubs/may decide they want to move on' ( Elliott, McIndoe, Basso/Weale, Styvar) 'rumoured to be possible subjects of surprise offer from Premier League' ( Fontaine, Orr, Skuse) just how many of GJ's current trusty bunch of lads will actually be here next season?

Minimum half a dozen on their way, you'd think, maximum... who knows. :dunno:

This could be one of the more plausible rumours. I think Lucas Neill's contract runs out this summer, so despite it saying 'midfielder', they might be on the look out for a right back. I think they would offer Neill a new contract, but he's a bit of a money grabber it seems, and with West Ham's money problems they might just let him go. They were supposed to be looking at Rangel, another right back, from the Swans as well.

This could be one of the more plausible rumours. I think Lucas Neill's contract runs out this summer, so despite it saying 'midfielder', they might be on the look out for a right back. I think they would offer Neill a new contract, but he's a bit of a money grabber it seems, and with West Ham's money problems they might just let him go. They were supposed to be looking at Rangel, another right back, from the Swans as well.

Whilst I'm a big fan of Orr's I suspect that Zola may see him as a touch agricultural. It would make far more sense to me if they were looking at Rangel.

Whilst I'm a big fan of Orr's I suspect that Zola may see him as a touch agricultural. It would make far more sense to me if they were looking at Rangel.

Agricultural, I like that description! And yep, I agree with you, he would probably prefer Rangel if any of this is true. He's just keeping his options open, in case Swansea go up I reckon!

If you believe everything you read they were quoted near £4m for Rangel, which makes Orr look very attractive at somewhere between £750k - £1m (I would guess), and a massive saving on Neill's wages, again, if you believe everything you read, something like £70k/week - unbelievable!

As Noggers said - it could well be interesting to see just how many of the first team squad are still around next season. A summer of change me thinks.

Great player Barnard and obviously a good bloke too. Wish he could have spent more of his career at AG.

he was a great full back for us, superb at free kicks aswell, our best left back in recent years. People go on about Mickey Bell, who was good. but never as good as Barnard.

Agreed. Don't think he's quite Zola's cup of tea/splash of olive oil

Very good!

By the way, who did shoot JR - Bobby or Digger?? Long time ago, can't remember now!

Kristin Shepard! J.R.'s scheming sister-in-law and mistress. J.R. didn't press charges as Kristin claimed she was pregnant with his child as a result of their affair! Ahem, so I've been told... :whistle:

By the way, Larry Hagman is a Watford fan apparently...

Who! Did you have to wiki that?!

he was a great full back for us, superb at free kicks aswell, our best left back in recent years. People go on about Mickey Bell, who was good. but never as good as Barnard.

i remember after we sold him to barnsley we drew leeds in the cup and daz sat with us in the away end he did love bcfc but said he couldn't turn down playing in the prem

is the lad lloyd from southampton a right back because i heard we are intrested in him .and he is a city fan i think

"Lloyd James", great player and surly "buyable". Yes a south Bristol lad and big City fan. been at Southhampton from about ten when they were a big club ! I would like him as replacement for Brad . (big mate with Frankie Artus and others !)

"Lloyd James", great player and surly "buyable". Yes a south Bristol lad and big City fan. been at Southhampton from about ten when they were a big club ! I would like him as replacement for Brad . (big mate with Frankie Artus and others !)

Lloyd is a good footballer and your right he is good friends with Artus and the two welsh lads as he plays for Wales U21s but i could not see him moving to City to be behind Ribs for the RB spot I also think that if we sell Brad then GJ would want to go for some experiance not a 20yr old from a relegated side

How the hell can that be construed as taking the piss? :dunno:

Because as good a player Tins was for us the 3 left backs mentioned would've looked good with my Gran in front of them. And believe me, her left foot was just for standing on.

Good partnerships, yes. But in no way were Scott, Barnard & Bell made to look better by having Tins in front of them

Because as good a player Tins was for us the 3 left backs mentioned would've looked good with my Gran in front of them. And believe me, her left foot was just for standing on.

Good partnerships, yes. But in no way were Scott, Barnard & Bell made to look better by having Tins in front of them

Sorry, but I don't agree with that.

Take Bell for example. He was a great player for us, not just for his defensive game though, but for the constant overlapping runs that he made. Without Tinnion there to receive and then feed him the ball he just would not have had the same impact.

Sorry, but I don't agree with that.

Take Bell for example. He was a great player for us, not just for his defensive game though, but for the constant overlapping runs that he made. Without Tinnion there to receive and then feed him the ball he just would not have had the same impact.

But if Tinnion wasn't there then someone else would've been......?

Good players make good partnerships, Tins didn't do it on his own - that was my point!

Archived