IGNORED

Gary And Academy Debuts

wookey

I believe Myrie Williams made his debut from the bench in the last match of GJ's first season in charge. Since then we've had Ribeiro, Wilson, Henderson, Artus (on the bench three times, but not got onto the field yet).

Was Henderson a player from our Academy? I may be wrong, but I thought we got him on a free from someone?

Was Henderson a player from our Academy? I may be wrong, but I thought we got him on a free from someone?

Yes, we did - Aston Villa. However, he has come through with a number of other youth players and GJ, quite reasonably, does seem to rate him a lot.

Also, he has been responsible for the development of Cole Skuse, another product, who was only starting to come through when GJ arrived.

There has been some talk on a thread devoted to the effectiveness of Gary's signings.

How many Academy players has Gary debuted in the first team?

I can think of Riberio.

Is that it?

Ribero made his debut in the League cup against peterborough so not a league appearance,we can only speculate to where he'd be now if he hadn't of got injured, Ribero,Walker have also not made there debuts.

Wilson made a couple of late substitution appearances before being put out to Brentford...that's about it!

I know it been done to death but the academy must cost a small fortune to run so you'd think he'd have more pressure on him to properly look at these lads.

Henderson was signed from Villa

Ribiero made one start in a League Cup game

JMW made his debut v Southend at the end of 05/06. He played quite a few games in our promotion season, but then again, so did Bas and Andy Smith!

Wilson has made 1 start (League Cup v Crewe) and 2 sub appearances

Archived