IGNORED

Another Elliot Rumour

internetjef

Wherever he ends up i hope we can get more like £3 Million though.

We should do, with at least 3 Premier League clubs supposedly interested the one consolation is that it should end up being a lucrative bidding war for Marvin.

Guest RobbieTurner
We should do, with at least 3 Premier League clubs supposedly interested the one consolation is that it should end up being a lucrative bidding war for Marvin.

I'd like the £2.5 Mill plus Iwelumo deal from Wolves. Perfect replacement for Adebola and leaves us the cash to splash on Marv's replacement plus A.N.other as well.

Lets not forget Marvin had a poor season with injuries this season and never hit the form of last season so i would imagine these are just rumours.

True but form is temporary and people know he's ovedr his injurys and a good player to boot so would not necessarily mean he wouldn't go in the summer.

Although if we have the right ambition we have to keep these sorts unless we were offered silly money.

I agree that although on top form you could rate him anywhere up to 5m, with the season he has had and a couple of injuries we will prob only get 2-2.5m for him at best.

If he does go id like to see him go to wigan as i like Steve Bruce and like what he is doing at the club. Think he would get a good chance to share the holding role with Cattermole (or Cat-A-Mole as Paul Merson chirps up on soccer sat all the time)

Thats unless we can bang him in a part exchange with wolves and pick up any of Iwelumo/Keogh or Vokes (loan) as part of the deal.

I reckon theres a good chance a season long loan of Vokes could be the sweetener we need to let wolves in.

Wolves wanted elliot before

GJ had a look at Vokes before

Wolves are saying they need experience in the prem so might want to hold onto Iwelumo (although granted this would go against ME)

Lot of fans on there boards (oh so reliable ha ha) reckon he might be sent out to championship team on loan next year

Dele is prob going to leave by the looks of it

Akinde prob isnt ready yet but may not be far off

I reckon season long loan of Vokes to bridge the gap between Dele and Akinde could be just the ticket to accepting a wolves bid. Leaving more money for a quality right winger.

Were certainly in a strong selling position so should be able get a good deal done regardless of who he could end up with. Not so sure on the season long loan though, seems to go against GJ's methods of signing players, unless there is the possibility of making it a permanent move at the end of the loan.

Blackburn and Wigan, oh my days! I can appreciate that they are Prem clubs, but this stupid figure of £2m being bounded about is just dumb. Do they not realize we turned down better offers than that in Jan, from several clubs?

If these teams are real appreciates of MArv's ability then they should put their money where they're stupid northern 3rd world mouths are and pay his actual value... which is well over £5m.

Blackburn and Wigan, oh my days! I can appreciate that they are Prem clubs, but this stupid figure of £2m being bounded about is just dumb. Do they not realize we turned down better offers than that in Jan, from several clubs?

If these teams are real appreciates of MArv's ability then they should put their money where they're stupid northern 3rd world mouths are and pay his actual value... which is well over £5m.

I doubt that top clubs would start their negotiations with their best offer - unless Tim Nice But Dim is their front man.

I like your style CH ( but not so sure whether Wigan or Blackburn would be so appreciative) and think you have just jumped to the front of the queue to front SL's transfer negotiations and will be expecting nothing less than £5m in cash, paid in euros. Wigan's winger on a season long loan would be clincher, or perhaps Roque Santa Cruz as a replacement for Ade, if you can swing it!

I agree that although on top form you could rate him anywhere up to 5m, with the season he has had and a couple of injuries we will prob only get 2-2.5m for him at best.

If he does go id like to see him go to wigan as i like Steve Bruce and like what he is doing at the club. Think he would get a good chance to share the holding role with Cattermole (or Cat-A-Mole as Paul Merson chirps up on soccer sat all the time)

Thats unless we can bang him in a part exchange with wolves and pick up any of Iwelumo/Keogh or Vokes (loan) as part of the deal.

I reckon theres a good chance a season long loan of Vokes could be the sweetener we need to let wolves in.

Wolves wanted elliot before

GJ had a look at Vokes before

Wolves are saying they need experience in the prem so might want to hold onto Iwelumo (although granted this would go against ME)

Lot of fans on there boards (oh so reliable ha ha) reckon he might be sent out to championship team on loan next year

Dele is prob going to leave by the looks of it

Akinde prob isnt ready yet but may not be far off

I reckon season long loan of Vokes to bridge the gap between Dele and Akinde could be just the ticket to accepting a wolves bid. Leaving more money for a quality right winger.

Let's assume Akinde isn't quite ready yet. So we bring in new strikers, have a great season and get promoted to the Premier League. IF Akinde is ready the season after, will he be ready for an even bigger step up to the Premier League??

I say if you have raw talent USE that raw talent and see where it goes. Mould it by all means, but do so while playing for BCFC in the first team. Wycombe has probably been a great experience for him, but what else have we learned?

He came here with a goalscoring record of 10 in 19 games, albeit many leagues lower. Scored on his substitute debut for us against Plymouth and has scored alot of goals for Wycombe. Clearly the guy gets in the right place at the right time and knows where the net is. He is big, powerful, strong, pacey and has an excellent touch.

I would put Akinde in the team next year and see what happens. Who knows, he might score 20 plus!

I'd like the £2.5 Mill plus Iwelumo deal from Wolves. Perfect replacement for Adebola and leaves us the cash to splash on Marv's replacement plus A.N.other as well.

I'd like the sound of that, although Vokes for the season would do nicely too.

Let's assume Akinde isn't quite ready yet. So we bring in new strikers, have a great season and get promoted to the Premier League. IF Akinde is ready the season after, will he be ready for an even bigger step up to the Premier League??

I say if you have raw talent USE that raw talent and see where it goes. Mould it by all means, but do so while playing for BCFC in the first team. Wycombe has probably been a great experience for him, but what else have we learned?

He came here with a goalscoring record of 10 in 19 games, albeit many leagues lower. Scored on his substitute debut for us against Plymouth and has scored alot of goals for Wycombe. Clearly the guy gets in the right place at the right time and knows where the net is. He is big, powerful, strong, pacey and has an excellent touch.

I would put Akinde in the team next year and see what happens. Who knows, he might score 20 plus!

Agree completely with Cityfan.

Apart from anything else, he's got pace and that will always cause problems for defences. As we're unlikely to be throwing millions around in the transfer market, let's use a few of the players we've already got, like Akindi and Artus and see how they measure up in THIS division.

Guest Eamer

Seyi Olofinjana left Wolves to move to Stoke at the start of the season for £3m, I can't see why we couldn't get at least what they got for him...

Seyi Olofinjana left Wolves to move to Stoke at the start of the season for £3m, I can't see why we couldn't get at least what they got for him...

That should be the rough figure i imagine and, according to some Wolves fans i know, they were more than happy to see Olofinjana go. I think the best situation would be the Iwelumo + Cash offer. Another good role model for Akinde and as a first team player i would say a slight upgrade on Adebola.

Archived