IGNORED

Saturday

westred1

I can't be there Saturday, but as it's looking like it will be Scott Murray's last game at the Gate maybe you should stay off the pitch and give him a right good send off when the lads do a walk round, and let him say goodbye to you guys? Ahhh, check out me being all sentimental, but that's what I'd like to see if I could go......and then you can all get on the pitch if you want to!!!

Guest Eamer

Invading the pitch after a game is always to do with a celebration of some sort though. Like avoiding relegation on the final day or like our last two seasons when we've achieved something; promotion and then a playoff final place. It would seem rather pointless to do it as it's for nothing, no reason at all. If you want to invade a pitch go to the downs beforehand.

I can't see the point of a pitch invasion after all, we're not really celebrating anything special. When we got in to the play-offs i was well up for it as we were celebrating something.

I can't really understand wats fun though about running on to the pitch, after a mediocre finish to mob the players, who i doubt will really like it, as they will be annoyed for not making the play-offs. And stand their for abit only to turn back around and walk off.

I'm not trying to be a killjoy but jst dnt see why any1 should do it this season, and like someone else said, it's pretty much scottys last game, so let's let him and the other players walk around th pitch to be applauded. Then if any1 feels like a pitch invasion, who i think will be even more sad having to wait 10-20 minutes, then let them do it then.

Makes no sense to do this, what would you gain? The players and staff would think you're a nob, so would most the fans and you could well end up getting banned.

Fine if we went up, try and bloody stop us invading, but meh, save it for when we go up or stave off relegation tbh imo

I think invading the pitch is one of those things you do in spontanious joy after a playoff win, or promotion.

We can do it tomorrow, but gracing the hallowed turf of Ashton Gate should be a special thing for a special occasion...if it happens every year, after a mid table finish it loses its magic somewhat. I think tomorrow we should just clap the players from the stands.... Showing our respect for a solid campaign, but then not overdoing it either because there is nothing to celebrate.

Makes no sense to do this, what would you gain? The players and staff would think you're a nob, so would most the fans and you could well end up getting banned.

Fine if we went up, try and bloody stop us invading, but meh, save it for when we go up or stave off relegation tbh imo

It never makes any sense and no one ever gains anything from it though (do they?), I think its funny that there billing this walk around the pitch thing as the traditional way the final fixture of the season is always celebrated, in the last 20 years I can only think of this happening once (I await a correction for this) despite it being advertised every year.

I say on the pitch - its nice to pat the players on the back give them a big personal thanks for the entertainment provided over the season and then mug them for everything they are wearing! plus I like the humbling feeling of knowing that so much history relevant to myself and what I believe in has happened within those usually impenetrable 4 lines.

I say on the pitch - its nice to pat the players on the back give them a big personal thanks for the entertainment provided over the season and then mug them for everything they are wearing! plus I like the humbling feeling of knowing that so much history relevant to myself and what I believe in has happened within those usually impenetrable 4 lines.

beautifully put. the feeling of being on the pitch that all of our heroes have played on is something incomparible, and something i relish every season.

not sure whether i will this season though. one thing is making it a bit different in my opinion.

SCOTT MURRAY, i think he would prefer to say goodbye in his own way, and as the guy is true legend, maybe for once we should allow the last home game of the season to be used in anyway super scott wants?

beautifully put. the feeling of being on the pitch that all of our heroes have played on is something incomparible, and something i relish every season.

not sure whether i will this season though. one thing is making it a bit different in my opinion.

SCOTT MURRAY, i think he would prefer to say goodbye in his own way, and as the guy is true legend, maybe for once we should allow the last home game of the season to be used in anyway super scott wants?

murray says on the pitch

It never makes any sense and no one ever gains anything from it though (do they?), I think its funny that there billing this walk around the pitch thing as the traditional way the final fixture of the season is always celebrated, in the last 20 years I can only think of this happening once (I await a correction for this) despite it being advertised every year.

This walk around the pitch thing on the final fixture of the season in the last 30 years has only happened a few times while the end of season pitch invasion happened most seasons through the eighties and for time after even when City finished in the bottom half. I know which one is more traditional and it's like the end of season piss ups which will take place today from the Centre, around the ground, up West Street and why some of the Wednesday fans will be in shorts etc.

Guest MaloneFM

I am all for it.

Its the end of the season and god knows by now you must own at least part of the Williams and most of the pitch the amount of money you have lobbed the way of Sir Steve. Treating the pitch as some sort of large green flat baby guarded by the wellington boot mafia is frankly ridiculous. Its not going to be used again until August when the bugger would have been ripped up anyway. If there is no malice involved such as charging red eyed and fully armed towards the Wednesday supporters then the FA don't give a monkeys.

I agree there is exactly bugger all to celebrate. But how many chances will you get to go onto THE football pitch with people in the stands? Most of them effing and blinding about you being there in the first place.

I say try it-and find out how Lee Johnson feels.

Archived