IGNORED

Jamie Mccombe Leaving Plus Other Rumours Today

Shauntaylor85

According to some talk today in the gate, McCombe is leaving at the end of the season. Shaun Barker and Iriekpen allegedly in talks over contracts and its fair to say McCombe has struggled to consistantly perform in the championship. Ive met him before and hes a nice guy but I'm afraid if this is true then i think its for the best. We need to push for top6 next season and need better quality if we are too achieve this goal. I notice he didnt seem to appear for the lap of honour either. other strong rumours ive heard today other than the dele and elliott news per usual was the possible signings of Lita and Iwelumo, McAnuff and Croft. One chap even mentoined Rory Fallon....i do hope not! Styvar has apparantly not settled and may be moved on too. Allrumours nothing concrete and there will be lots more to discuss over the next two months. Certainly i feel we need two quality strikers with pace and power, a powerful attacking midfielder with finesse (Martin Rowlands?) and if Elliott goes how about Leigiertwood from QPR to replace him? A quality left back is needed to push Macca (Lewington from MK?) and two out and out wide men with pace. only around 6 mill to cough up then! Onwards and upwards. Any other rumours today?

According to some talk today in the gate, McCombe is leaving at the end of the season. Shaun Barker and Iriekpen allegedly in talks over contracts and its fair to say McCombe has struggled to consistantly perform in the championship. Ive met him before and hes a nice guy but I'm afraid if this is true then i think its for the best. We need to push for top6 next season and need better quality if we are too achieve this goal. I notice he didnt seem to appear for the lap of honour either. other strong rumours ive heard today other than the dele and elliott news per usual was the possible signings of Lita and Iwelumo, McAnuff and Croft. One chap even mentoined Rory Fallon....i do hope not! Styvar has apparantly not settled and may be moved on too. Allrumours nothing concrete and there will be lots more to discuss over the next two months. Certainly i feel we need two quality strikers with pace and power, a powerful attacking midfielder with finesse (Martin Rowlands?) and if Elliott goes how about Leigiertwood from QPR to replace him? A quality left back is needed to push Macca (Lewington from MK?) and two out and out wide men with pace. only around 6 mill to cough up then! Onwards and upwards. Any other rumours today?

The only other rumour I heard today, was that City were trying to get a second goal. But you know as well as I do that rumours are rubbish.

? A quality left back is needed to push Macca

Dean Moxey, Exeter City. Top quality, scores goals and can play midfield too.

You heard it here first...... er, unless someone else posted it - I don't get on here much these days.

You heard it here first...... er, unless someone else posted it - I don't get on here much these days.

Well, if they have then I haven't seen it.

Exeter are on the crest of a wave with players who are proving themselves to be able to progress. City scouts will have watched them often as we were supposedly in for George Friend before he went to Wolves so they'll know all about Moxey and he sounds like an interesting possibility.

Lots of rumours around the ground, as you'd expect, and if even a small proportion come to fruition then we'll be seeing a much changed City squad next season.

That's the second time today I've heard that rumour. Personally I don't think he's up to much but he'd probably be decent competition for McAllister.

just been down the pub and all the talk was about us putting in a bid for chris cohen can play on the left of midfield and can cover the left back spot and very good in the middle of the park wouldn't be a bad shout

Well he did previously play for Yeovil...

Mccombe wouldn't surprise me, as good as he has been for us, he doesn't have the pace and tends to lump it forward too much. Adebola and Murray are almost a certainty (although a coaching role on the cards for SM?) but I think that Trundle will still be here next year due to the length and amount of money on his contract. I think the only way he will go is if he was made available on a free..... At least then somebody may want to pay his wages!! The problem is who would want him, because he hardly set the world alight at Leeds, and that was "his" league.....

Also wouldn't be surprised to see Elliott leave, although I don't know if Wolves would now look elsewhere after being knocked back on more than one occasion, and whether or not they believe that they can land a more accomplished player with Prem experience now that they're up.

The only one "rumour" I heard today was that we were trying to bring in Simon Cox from Swindon for £1.5m (scored another two goals yesterday against the Sags). Mind you this did come from the dumb bloke that sits next to me, and when I proceeded to tell him that Stoke, West Brom and one other lower Prem team were "supposedly" after him, his reply was "oh" followed by turning around and telling the person on the other side of him about Cox. Make of that what you will.

It wouldn't surprise me if after a full season out of the first team fixture Trunlde would realise the importance of first team football at the stage of his career. The best thing for the player and the would be to 'cancel by mutual consent'. Give him half the wedge for his final year as he's certainly not going to be earning his full wage over the coming 12 months through appearances. I'm sure there would be a team in league one willing to pay him 3-4k p/w to make up most of the difference Everyone's a winner - we half what we're shelling out, Lee get first team football.

Cohen would be a good shout but i expect only if forest go down

unless its a swap for LJ?

I have ummd and ahhhed about lita for ages now but the facts are facts, hes a proven goalscorer, hes prob on a free and coppel hates him.

If we have any chance to add a player of his quality to the squad without a transfer fee we should be straight in there. Hes a bit older now so may have simmered down a bit behaviourwise and hes beanging goals in for readings reserves. Go on their boards and they are all demanding he be recalled to senior side.

Saw this on another forum - could be complete rubbish of course!

Originally Posted by Evy11_BCFC

My guess (on subject of 6 players leaving);

Noble

McCombe

Trundle

Jennison

Adebola

Murray

Spot on fella

Ade massive miss next season but quality front man will be coming in

No clues as to who the quality front man will be - but poster has previously said Lita will be coming ....

Adebola is off to Shef Utd if they stay in the Championship and Elliot is off if a bid of 2 mil comes in- that is fact. I hope Arekapen ( ! ) stays. I am not a fan of Mccombe so if he goes, he goes.

I did hear one whisper yesterday ( not fact ) was that Mat Hill could be back

Matt Hill could be a good shout he's a bristol boy city through and through and I'm sure if he gets the chance he would love to put on the City shirt once again.

Archived