IGNORED

George The Flag

WarksRed

Half the stweards don't know what the rules are anyway to be fair, I doubht very much that the Wednesday fans brought a certificate or anything to show that it was up to health and safety standards the stewards and police i suspect turnt a blind eye to it.

I think they would allow a big flag in the EE if it meets health and saftey regulations .That could be the next new Project to raise some money towards a proper Big city flag with badge on etc like there one. To be fair George is starting to look a bit taty and it does stink so getting a brand new one would be a good idea, god knows how much one of them costs thou..

I and I'm sure other east enders would happily contribute towards it :englandsmile4wf:

George isnt alllowed because it is fire resistant or fire retardant (one or the other) and it has to be the other one (Fire resistant or retardant).

I'm taking it that the flag there had the right coating etc to make it fireproof.

Big george wouldn't catch on fire, it would be impossible. The whole ground would have to be on fire before it would even start to MELT.

Just another point that proves the council really doesnt have a clue about things. They have had a letter from Cameron balloons (Where the flag was made) to say it was made from balloon material and it COULDN'T catch on fire.

Half the stweards don't know what the rules are anyway to be fair, I doubht very much that the Wednesday fans brought a certificate or anything to show that it was up to health and safety standards the stewards and police i suspect turnt a blind eye to it.

I think they would allow a big flag in the EE if it meets health and saftey regulations .That could be the next new Project to raise some money towards a proper Big city flag with badge on etc like there one. To be fair George is starting to look a bit taty and it does stink so getting a brand new one would be a good idea, god knows how much one of them costs thou..

I and I'm sure other east enders would happily contribute towards it :englandsmile4wf:

I beleive it is around £5k for a new surfer.

I beleive it is around £5k for a new surfer.
I believe that should be teh focus for next season from us Eastenders and would be good if someone could sort something out for the Atyeo.

Personally for a EE one I'm thinking along the lines of three horizontal red and white lines with Forza Eastend along the top with pictures of the AG 8 across teh middle and Always believe along the bottom or something like that.

It was proved with the petition what can be achieved if we put our minds to it, Bucket collections around the pubs and with the clubs permission over a couple of games would raise a considerable amount. How about adding a bit of fun to it and letting people submit a design say £5-£10 and then people being asked to make a small donation in order to vote for there favorite design. Not sure what the clubs stance on it would be but advertising on it could be a possibility with Natch being the obvious choice if they were indeed interested.

I'm no website designer but how about a website for it where donations can be made and advertising space sold. The website would provide updates to the progress of teh flag and would be sure to attract a lot of visitors. Having a Facebook page would also be a good idea.

How about first home game of the season having a thousand or so balloons red and white balloons and ask people for a small donation in exchange for a balloon.

Just a couple of ideas there. I would be more than willing to donate some time and money to the cause so we can finally get that red flag flying high.

Archived