IGNORED

Lita Situation

internetjef

• Admin
IF

(this is a big IF)

Lita came back I think he know's he will recieve an amazing reception so that could contribute to persuading him

I've two arguments against your reasoning, I don't think he'd get that amazing reception, many fans would be nervous, given his track record, of the possible disruptive influence on the dressing room and his less than professional example to the young players. Although maybe he's maturing.....

Would he really give a toss about the reception, amazing or not, I cannot help but think that the number of noughts after the £ on his contract would be his motivation, not some short term fan worship.

Sill, his scoring record this season would fit in nicely with ours... 8 goals this season, 5 last season and 14 the season before, hardly the 20 goal a season striker many say we need.

Akinde has 10 goals this season (22 games, Litas 8 are in 28) lets look to the future rather than backwards.

Lita on a free, yes please

I think we will struggle to get him here but hopefully lack of transfer fee means we can meet his wage demands.

I still think we would need another striker though. Iwelumo or Blackstock would do the job.

Lita and Blackstock/Iwelumo up front, with Maynard and Akinde coming off the bench.

That would be a great young strikeforce

If we can shift a reported 10,000 a week on Trundle then I would hope we can get Lita here for free on a 3 year contract and pay him a bit more than that, quality striker with pace and strength.

Even if we paid him £12,000 a week thats 1.8 million over 3 years, and we have wasted about that on Styvar and Trundle on just there transfer fees not including wages.

No brainer for me, forget his off the field antics, he's banging goals in for Reading reserves at the moment trying to prove a point, maybe he's had time to grow up a bit?

Who else are we going to get at 24 who is proven at this level?

If we can shift a reported 10,000 a week on Trundle then I would hope we can get Lita here for free on a 3 year contract and pay him a bit more than that, quality striker with pace and strength.

Even if we paid him £12,000 a week thats 1.8 million over 3 years, and we have wasted about that on Styvar and Trundle on just there transfer fees not including wages.

No brainer for me, forget his off the field antics, he's banging goals in for Reading reserves at the moment trying to prove a point, maybe he's had time to grow up a bit?

Who else are we going to get at 24 who is proven at this level?

Is he?

I read a preview of the Norwich game the other day and it said he was out for the season with pins in his ankle, following surgery.

Is he?

I read a preview of the Norwich game the other day and it said he was out for the season with pins in his ankle, following surgery.

You're right, I have just returned to the post on that forum where I saw that and it was an old one. Apologies.

You're right, I have just returned to the post on that forum where I saw that and it was an old one. Apologies.

No worries.

The preview I read was in the Norwich paper, so I wouldn't have been surprised if the info I had was duff.

Thanks for checking.

Hi Guys

Leaving aside the whether we should or shouldnt be looking at him, what is his exact position.

His contract is def up at end of season, hes 24, is that old enough to move without a fee?

If we did want him, do you reckon we could get him here, or will low prem/bigger championship teams come in at end of the season once its for no fee?

Yes, but dinosaurs like GJ has nothing to do with it.

Our own "Bagdad Bob" Scott Murray will deal with it talking the same language.

Being a butler, sorry manager is all about making players feel confident and if not talking the same language you are dead and out.

GJ got the point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYpI-Cd_qWU

Let's get this straight: Iwelumo and Lita would be a devestating attck at this level. And Akinde/Maynard are very good backup.

Will we sign both? Doubt it. Lita maybe.

I'm surprised at you mozo.

The idea that posters on here are advocating City should re-sign Lita, and in the same breath be happy to consign Nicky Maynard to the bench, appals me.

We've got an excellent young striker in Maynard with everything Lita's got and the potential to be a far better player.

As Maesknoll points out Lita's goalscoring record for the past 3 seasons is not impressive so there's nothing to indicate taking an expensive risk on signing him would improve City in any way.

I really hope City are not considering offering Lita a contract.

I have to say 'Nogbad' I'm becoming increasingly concerned at the amount I agree with you!

I think you've got it absolutely spot on. I wouldn like to see Lita back here regardless, entirely because of his off the field attitude, and infact Id go as far to say I would be very disappointed if we signed him. However how anyone can consign Maynard to the bench after his promising first season with us is beyond me. People talk of giving youth a chance and then cast aside easily the clubs most promising up and coming player, madness in my eyes.

Any striker signing should be with a view to partnering Maynard. Styvar is a bit of an enigma at present, but I still think he could be given his chance, unless he has been spectacularly bad or there has been an off the field 'issue', at the start of next season.

I have to say 'Nogbad' I'm becoming increasingly concerned at the amount I agree with you!

I think you've got it absolutely spot on. I wouldn like to see Lita back here regardless, entirely because of his off the field attitude, and infact Id go as far to say I would be very disappointed if we signed him. However how anyone can consign Maynard to the bench after his promising first season with us is beyond me. People talk of giving youth a chance and then cast aside easily the clubs most promising up and coming player, madness in my eyes.

Any striker signing should be with a view to partnering Maynard. Styvar is a bit of an enigma at present, but I still think he could be given his chance, unless he has been spectacularly bad or there has been an off the field 'issue', at the start of next season.

Myself personally am no advocating that Maynard is benched - far from it. I'm expecting big things from him next season! :city:

But I would give Lita a contract and challenge him to win a place in our team - play him when Maynard is out of form - I just think it would be superb competition for maynard and to be genuine promotion contenders, we need lots of options.

Look how many "options" wolves had up front - Ebanks-Blake, Keogh, Iwelumo, Harewood, Vokes.

Myself personally am no advocating that Maynard is benched - far from it. I'm expecting big things from him next season! :city:

But I would give Lita a contract and challenge him to win a place in our team - play him when Maynard is out of form - I just think it would be superb competition for maynard and to be genuine promotion contenders, we need lots of options.

Look how many "options" wolves had up front - Ebanks-Blake, Keogh, Iwelumo, Harewood, Vokes.

Sign him!

I wish. :fingerscrossed:

Johnsons track record for getting the best out of misbehaving/underperforming players is fantastic! Look at Bradley Orr as an example....unsettled and was poor in his first two seasons with us, spent a spell in prison for assault. Now he's one of the most consistant and reliable right backs in the Championship.

I'd like to see what he could do for Leroy Lita because at the end of the day he is a fantastic player and would contribute a lot towards our team. We shouldnt not want to sign him just because of a few bust ups in the centre of Bristol.

We shouldnt not want to sign him just because of a few bust ups in the centre of Bristol.

It's not just that, though it would be reason enough to stear clear for many.

Average to poor scoring record for the last 3 seasons and we've already got a similar and potentially much better player in Maynard.

I hope City spend any funds we've got wisely, not on Leroy Lita's wages.

:hug::unsure:

No fractious Stern or Trundle threads recently, SJC. I'm sure we can manage to reignite some furious debate in the future, particularly if Stern gets given a contract.:bruce_h4h:;)

Any striker signing should be with a view to partnering Maynard.

Exactly, and Lita is too similar a player to bring out the best in Maynard. I'd like to think any interest City ever had in re-signing Lita ended the day we signed Maynard.

Styvar is a bit of an enigma at present, but I still think he could be given his chance, unless he has been spectacularly bad or there has been an off the field 'issue', at the start of next season.

The problem with Styvar and him 'getting his chance at the start of next season' is I'd expect City to have 2 new forwards by then. If they're not immediately more impressive than Styvar then I'll be worried.

These new players will expect to get their chance and, as I've said elsewhere, I fear for Styvar that his may have come and gone.

Just my opinion though, I know no more than the next fan, and I'd still like to think we might yet consider Styvar as money well spent in the future.

Really can't see it though.

I don't know about Lita. Does it ever really work second time around?

I can't believe he is still only 24 though, it seems he has been around for ages. A lot has happened to both him and us since he left. I think I'd be more inclined to look elsewhere and start afresh and leave Leroy Lita in the past.

Archived