IGNORED

Centre Mid Dilemma?

internetjef

Your the boss next season, playing 4-4-2

who would be your centre mid partner for Marv to take us to the prem?

A) Lee Johnson

B) Gav Williams

C) Cole Skuse

D) New Signing

You forgot Artus who will soon be 21 and ready. As for Marv, good luck.

I think it appears more than likely Elliott will be off, so perhaps the question should be who should partner Skuse to get us to the Prem.......

Anderson the Silva at Barnsley would be my ideal centre midfield signing.

A) Lee Johnson

B) Gav Williams

C) Cole Skuse

D) New Signing

I love this Club - but with hand on heart does anyone really look at that list and think "they will storm this Division next year" - I expect Elliot will go anyway and you can perm any 2 from the above and it simply isn't the quality that will be needed imo - these are all good back up players - not first choice (is this the first moan of the new season before the old one has even finsihed!!)

A) Lee Johnson

B) Gav Williams

C) Cole Skuse

D) New Signing

New signing.

We are on the verge of the most competitive football league in the world and need someone very, very special in the most important position of the team to take us further. We are rock solid but desperate for some flair. I believe we will sign three young foreign midfielders this summer. With the credit crunch it's an golden opportunity to sign young players that one day will attract enough people to fill the new stadium.

I think it appears more than likely Elliott will be off, so perhaps the question should be who should partner Skuse to get us to the Prem.......

Anderson the Silva at Barnsley would be my ideal centre midfield signing.

Where do you get the impression that Elliott is going? Fair enough, if someone coughs up £3m then there is little we can do, but I think the signs coming out so far is that there are no plans to sell anyone?

Agree about Andersen should he go though!

New signing.

We are on the verge of the most competitive football league in the world and need someone very, very special in the most important position of the team to take us further. We are rock solid but desperate for some flair. I believe we will sign three young foreign midfielders this summer. With the credit crunch it's an golden opportunity to sign young players that one day will attract enough people to fill the new stadium.

three young foreign midfielders

KISS MY ARSE

Where do you get the impression that Elliott is going? Fair enough, if someone coughs up £3m then there is little we can do, but I think the signs coming out so far is that there are no plans to sell anyone?

Agree about Andersen should he go though!

I'm just guessing, to be honest.

But based on SL's (sensible) "we couldn't stand in his way if the money was right" comment this week, plus the tabloids linking him with Wolves, Blackburn, Wigan and Pompey I just reckon someone of that ilk will take a punt, based on his 2007/8 form.

To be truthful and in common with our entire squad, I'm not sure that he's definitely enough for the Prem myself, though even at that level lots of teams value workrate and energy over any sort of ability to pass the ball to a bloke with the same colour shirt on, something that Elliott consistently failed to do against Wednesday last Saturday.

On reflection I suppose that he'd fit in well at Stoke, then....

I'm just guessing, to be honest.

But based on SL's (sensible) "we couldn't stand in his way if the money was right" comment this week, plus the tabloids linking him with Wolves, Blackburn, Wigan and Pompey I just reckon someone of that ilk will take a punt, based on his 2007/8 form.

To be truthful and in common with our entire squad, I'm not sure that he's definitely enough for the Prem myself, though even at that level lots of teams value workrate and energy over any sort of ability to pass the ball to a bloke with the same colour shirt on, something that Elliott consistently failed to do against Wednesday last Saturday.

On reflection I suppose that he'd fit in well at Stoke, then....

I think Stoke would be ideal for Marv, but would hate to see him play for them. I think you're right in that a mid to lower end Prem club will be looking and thinking he would fit in well. I guess we'll see.....

Don't worry. We will probably sign a few more golfclubs (forwards). Without a good swing 753 clubs don't make you a better golfer.

We are desperate for a playmaker.

as has been said we already have a playmaker in willams if he stays fit

I'm not too worried about the cm positions yet as we still have elliott, skuse, willams, johnson and artus for me I'm more worried about getting in a decent right winger and someone who can challenge mcindoe

but if we loose elliott or skuse or both then i would share you sentiments but at the minute for me wingers are more of a concern not are central midfield players

who would be your centre mid partner for Lee to take us to the prem?

A) Marvin Elliot

B) Gav Williams

C) Cole Skuse

D) New Signing

I spotted the deliberate mistake but corrected it for everyone's benefit (see above)

Would love to see Croft playing for us on the right

he is stalling on a new contract and appears he will noit sign if they go down, therefore he would be on a free.

However i believe he has a fair few suitors and has even been linked with a few lower prem teams

He's recently won their fans player of the year (even though all of the fans on their boards claim its a travesty and sammy clingan / gary doherty should have won it) so hes obviously played quite well even in relegated side.

Always plays well against us aswell. Pretty nippy, good dribbler, only slight question is his final ball and shooting but to a far lesser degree than ivan :laugh:

sign him up Gary!

I wouldn't mind us adding Nick Bailey and/or Sammy Clingan to our midfield fold, neither shirks a challenge, both can play a bit and neither would want League 1 footall again.

clingan is a top shout

seen him play on sky recently looked quality best player for them.

Wouldnt mind seeing bailey although lloyd sam i have always been a fan of although that is for the wing not in central area.

Agree with what people are saying about Lee Croft he would a good signing. aswell as Anderson for Barnsley. we should try and look aboard for some talent possibly a Loan Signing or a Pernement signing just look at who swansea have brought in (Jordi Gomez who i think is class and Angel Rangel). Other targets could be:

John Joe O'Toole (If Sheffield Utd don't want to buy him.)

Zheng Zhi ??? (Wages could be a turn off)

And someone mentioned him on another thread Arturo Lupoli (If Sheffield Utd don't want to buy him.)

Gary McSheffrey (Looks like leaving Birmingham)

Lloyd Sam

Luke Varney

Jobi McNuff

Archived