IGNORED

City Represented At World Record Attempt

Seeing as their won't be a home programme out til next season, I thought I'd leave you with some pics of me representing City at the highest competitive team sports match ever played. I happened to be in the Himalayas on 22nd April, at the same time this cricket match was played at Gorak Shep, Nepal (in the shadow of Everest) at 5,100m or 17,000 feet.

As the only person there wearing a football shirt I would like to lay claim to being the highest ever member of the Barmy Army! And hopefully one of the highest members of the Cider Army!

post-1509-1241134033_thumb.jpg

Seeing as their won't be a home programme out til next season, I thought I'd leave you with some pics of me representing City at the highest competitive team sports match ever played. I happened to be in the Himalayas on 22nd April, at the same time this cricket match was played at Gorak Shep, Nepal (in the shadow of Everest) at 5,100m or 17,000 feet.

Was the atmosphere any better than the Williams? :farmer:

The view was slightly better! No obstructing posts, just the odd yak getting in the way.

That is very impressive, but I did get close to the summit of Kalla Patthar (18513 feet) so I can out Cider Army you there. Good up there isn't it?

That is very impressive, but I did get close to the summit of Kalla Patthar (18513 feet) so I can out Cider Army you there. Good up there isn't it?

I did do Kala Patthar the next day actually :-)

Back in 2007 I did Kilimanjaro too.....but excruciatingly annoyingly, just as I got to the summit I saw a Gashead stood there in his horrid harlequined effort having his picture taken. What an anticlimax that was!

Guest MaloneFM

Sooo...you in YOUR football shirt saw an inbred in HIS rag having his picture taken at the top of mount Killamanforhisgiro?

Sort of kicks sand all over Sir Edmund Hilary and Tenzing Norgays efforts a bit doesn't it? I mean Eddy you may have suffered frostbite and lived on Hymalayan goats knackers to do your climb but bloody hell there was not even a decent run out all game.

I mean....TCH! :disapointed2se:

I did do Kala Patthar the next day actually :-)

Back in 2007 I did Kilimanjaro too.....but excruciatingly annoyingly, just as I got to the summit I saw a Gashead stood there in his horrid harlequined effort having his picture taken. What an anticlimax that was!

did you push him off :fingerscrossed:

Archived