IGNORED

Hatton Fight

bcfcbs20

the pac man destroyed him down twice in the first round

showed a bit more spirit at the start of the second but the pac man was so quick and caught him with one of the best punches ive ever seen hatton was out cold and couldn't move for about 5 mins

bring on manny v mayweather what a fight that will be

the pac man destroyed him down twice in the first round

showed a bit more spirit at the start of the second but the pac man was so quick and caught him with one of the best punches ive ever seen hatton was out cold and couldn't move for about 5 mins

bring on manny v mayweather what a fight that will be

Hatton isn't a bad fighter but he was never the great boxer the media would have us believe, and sadly this fight shows just how far away he was.

No disgrace losing two fights in his career especially to those two.

Hatton isn't a bad fighter but he was never the great boxer the media would have us believe, and sadly this fight shows just how far away he was.

No disgrace losing two fights in his career especially to those two.

Well he is hardly far from being a great boxer though is he. Two defeats in his entire career doesnt put him in the average bracket.

I'm sure he'll have one more fight before he decides to retire, regardless of whether he was or wasn't good enough he made bucket loads of cash from fighting Mayweather and then Pacquiao so he probably doesn't care that much.

Well he is hardly far from being a great boxer though is he. Two defeats in his entire career doesnt put him in the average bracket.

Surely it does though, he came up against great boxers and was pummelled both times. Worlds away from being a great boxer imo. Above average I would suggest.

Great boxers don't shy away from the big fight, Hatton has been used sparingly up to recently, when he couldn't run away from the top fights any longer look what happened.

There was talk of him possibly having a return with Mayweather before this match, why? he was way out of his depth the last time.

Surely it does though, he came up against great boxers and was pummelled both times. Worlds away from being a great boxer imo. Above average I would suggest.

Great boxers don't shy away from the big fight, Hatton has been used sparingly up to recently, when he couldn't run away from the top fights any longer look what happened.

There was talk of him possibly having a return with Mayweather before this match, why? he was way out of his depth the last time.

So a boxer that dominated his weight division for years is just above average? Please, I smell anti-hatton in the air here.

May I suggest that he also was not pummeled by Mayweather, he did well up till the latter rounds. Yea he is not as "great" as Manny and Mayweather, doesnt mean Hatton is just an above average boxer, means he is just short on being the best.

Last nights fight was for the best pound for pound boxer, and I don't think a boxer of above average skills only gets to fight in bouts like that.

So a boxer that dominated his weight division for years is just above average? Please, I smell anti-hatton in the air here.

May I suggest that he also was not pummeled by Mayweather, he did well up till the latter rounds. Yea he is not as "great" as Manny and Mayweather, doesnt mean Hatton is just an above average boxer, means he is just short on being the best.

Last nights fight was for the best pound for pound boxer, and I don't think a boxer of above average skills only gets to fight in bouts like that.

Who did he fight in all that time? Not saying for one minute he's crap, just was never ever a world beater that the media would like to think he was, but that's boxing promotion for you. They always big up our fighters, Nassem and Amir Khan anyone?

Hatton's fights were hand picked and well within his capabilties. The moment he stepped up to fight the cream he was put away, watch the Mayweather fight again, there isn't any point in that match he was in trouble.

Who did he fight in all that time? Not saying for one minute he's crap, just was never ever a world beater that the media would like to think he was, but that's boxing promotion for you. They always big up our fighters, Nassem and Amir Khan anyone?

Hatton's fights were hand picked and well within his capabilties. The moment he stepped up to fight the cream he was put away, watch the Mayweather fight again, there isn't any point in that match he was in trouble.

Ive watched the Mayweather fight a few times. And in the matches with Manny and Floyd he was the underdog. The media never said he was going to win they just had alot of media coverage about it. But this is not surprising since he is English and we here are in England. he is also a character, he is likeable.

His fights were handpicked? In what way is this different to all boxers? He fought the best in his division.

hatton is a good solid boxer but he isn't a world class fighter like manny or mayweather as has been shown in those fights but his record is still impressive and will still be regarded as a legend by lots of people

It was a mission staying up to watch it, at least I thought Hatton could have made a ****ing effort!

I like Hatton, alright boxer, but where was his game plan?, was it wind milling in like when he got his butt kicked last time out, Hatton was just moving punchbag, when you get down to the bear bones of his style hes not much of a boxer at all, can't defend himself, cant pace himself, no accuracy, ridged fighter. W

hy did he say he had a game plan and then lose the plot and go all out like a headless chicken, pathetic.

Having said that, Pacman would have destroyed him regardless, the guy's the new Bruce Lee.

Although it was a poor performance from Hatton its typical of us Brits and the media to tear the lad to shreds. Hatton has had a brilliant career and I'd like to see the evidence of these fights that he's supposedly ducked out of and been 'hand picked'??

Hatton dominated junior-welterweight for years and fought the best in the world. He took a massive risk in moving up to welterweight to fight Mayweather and gave a decent account and may have even got a result had the referee Joe Cortez not being such a complete pillock.

The fact is of course he does not have the technical ability and skill of Mayweather or Manny but both of these fighters will go down as the best of this generation and true legends of the ring.

Hatton let himself down on Saturday, he was too gung-ho, didn't stick to a game plan (assuming he had one) and fought with his heart not his head.

He should now retire and accept that on the big, big occassions he has been found wanting. History will show that having two ko's on your record with the names Mayweather and Pacquiao next to it will be no disgrace.

His fights were handpicked? In what way is this different to all boxers? He fought the best in his division.

No he didn`t............Hatton avoided all the other world champions in his weight division and his only decent result on his resume is a stoppage of 36 year old semi retired Kosta Tszyu in front of his hometown fans and with a ref who allowed Hatton to hug and low blow his way to victory.

Ricky Hatton never proved himself the best light welter in Britain and Europe let alone the world.

No he didn`t............Hatton avoided all the other world champions in his weight division and his only decent result on his resume is a stoppage of 36 year old semi retired Kosta Tszyu in front of his hometown fans and with a ref who allowed Hatton to hug and low blow his way to victory.

Ricky Hatton never proved himself the best light welter in Britain and Europe let alone the world.

Not on the City forum as well Shane...!

As long as I have a hole in my arse, Witter would get his arse handed to him by the Hitman.

And I'm not thinking of getting it removed anytime soon.

Its a shame we never got to find out Mark as Hatton would have been knocked out by Witter and the myth and hype that has surrounded Ricky Hatton would never have started.

Junior Witter? I remember last year getting 6/1 on Timothy Bradley to beat his sorry arse.

What about Hatton's beating of Malignaggi, was that not a victory of note?

No it wasn`t Malignaggi had a woeful KO record and no power,he had already stunk out Man Citys stadium in his last fight and was handpicked to make Hatton look good as he posed no threat.

Witter should have pulled out of the Bradley fight as his father was very ill with cancer.............Bradley has since beaten Kendall Holt and remains unbeaten so he is no mug and like Witter would have no problems beating Hatton.

Fair play, you talk complete bollox

Do I????

Your hero Hatton is fighting again,what are the bets he goes nowhere near Witter who will win back his real world title against Devon Alexander in August.

He wont want any part of Bradley who is too young and hungry.

So whos he going to fight? People are saying he will fight Juan Marquez after he loses to Mayweather that will be a non starter as team Hatton know Marquez will do as much damage if not more to him than Pacquiao did.

That leaves Amir Khan or some Australian bantamweight who`s name begins with K who cannot hurt Hatton.

I tell you what PhatWill seeing as I talkcomplete bollox I bet you £50 that if Hatton goes in the ring with Witter,Bradley or even Khan then Hatton leaves the ring with another loss on his record.

Archived