IGNORED

I Love The Championship!

Lordofthebling

This might be in the wrong forum, but as it involves City, I thought I would chuck it in here...

Am I the only one who is quite happy for City to stick around in the Championship for a few seasons?! Look at today, with Birmingham, Sheffield United and Reading all hoping for automatic promotion - Cardiff, Burnley and Preston battling for a play-off spot; whilst Norwich and Barnsley are locked in a relegation battle.

Even yesterday in League One, with S****horpe getting a draw in the last 2 mins at Tranmere...

End of season drama or what?! The Premier League is just so predictable, so boring and so out of touch with true football fans.

I cannot wait for next season - already!

Long live Championship football.

I am just worried if I should be classified as crazy?!

Guest RobbieTurner
Surely the pinnacle of any football fan or club is to be playing at the top level though? well is for me anyway.

Me too. don't see the point in just making up the numbers. Would be great to get back into the top division and welcome the likes of Liverpool, Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea to our ground week in week out.

I agree the Championship is a great league and very competitive, but surely every team are striving for te Premier League ?

Glory isn't everything to me, I'm a Bristol City fan because I love football not because I want to see us be the best. I would rather we played entertaining, good football in the Championship than played boring, poor football in the Premier League.

As it stands we're doing neither :(

This might be in the wrong forum, but as it involves City, I thought I would chuck it in here...

Am I the only one who is quite happy for City to stick around in the Championship for a few seasons?! Look at today, with Birmingham, Sheffield United and Reading all hoping for automatic promotion - Cardiff, Burnley and Preston battling for a play-off spot; whilst Norwich and Barnsley are locked in a relegation battle.

Even yesterday in League One, with S****horpe getting a draw in the last 2 mins at Tranmere...

End of season drama or what?! The Premier League is just so predictable, so boring and so out of touch with true football fans.

I cannot wait for next season - already!

Long live Championship football.

I am just worried if I should be classified as crazy?!

I do agee with what you're saying, but this year the Premier League has been a little bit more exciting than it normally is, what with Villa almost breaking the top four, Liverpool throwing away the lead and the likes of Tottenham and Newcastle flirting with relegation (well, Newcastle are almost doomed - come on!!)

LOTB, you do make an excellent point, this is one of the most exciting and best supported leagues in Europe, and it is no given that going to the Premier League would be a good thing - look at Derby, and even more prominently Southampton, who were not so long ago a successful well-run Premier League club. But at the same time, no one likes to do badly, which we have been doing just recently.

:city: The Championship has to be the best league as its so unpredictable (who would have thought Southampton,Charlton & Norwich) each season no one can say who is going to win it unlike the Premier League and most other leagues.

I am so glad that we are part of it and tenth in the championship IS a good season.

The CCC is a great league.

Of course it would be great to get in the prem but not until we are ready. At the moment i don't think we are!

Lots of posts i have read on this site say how we need to do this and that to push on to the prem! The more important issue at the moment is that we don't go back down the league1. That IMO would be a disaster for us and out of the 2 i would say the more realistic concern for a few seasons.

I understand some peoples frustrations on here about the quality of football and i would love nothing more than to see us winning games 3-0 every week playing classic football but at the moment i am happy to sacrifice that for the stability of the club!

If watching poor(ish)football for a few seasons means we stay in this division then i can accept that! Hopefully long term we can have both the football and the results to take us on! :city:

Archived