IGNORED

It's That Time Of Year Again

cidercity1987

Time to file away the season ticket, get out the beer crates and pop down the cricket.

Gloucs have had a decent start to the season with 1 win, 1 draw and 1 defeat in the County Championship and a 100% record so far in the one day competition. Bracewell is back to raise hopes of a successful season and maybe more trips to Lords.

Somerset got skittled out for under 100 the other day on one of the most generous batting pitches in the country, although they battled back well to draw the game. Kieswetter looks a good prospect and perhaps a future England wicketkeeper?

We also have the Ashes coming up. The media fascination with these games confuses me as its almost to the point that results against other countries are irrelevant as long as we get one up on the Aussies.

Up the 'Shire and let the banter commence...

I know its early days in this season, but Bracewell seems to be doing what he did previously, ie taking a poorly managed, underachieving but basically decent set of pro cricketers, into a well drilled unit who play to their strengths, and will be "overachieving" and wining trophies any time soon.

Haven't got to a game yet, but I did see the Gloucestershire demolition of Surrey on Sky Sports last week. Had to laugh at Bumble going on about how they used to call them the "Surrey Strutters" because of the bling/arrogance etc. Of course they could get away with it when they had a few players ie Thorpe, Stewart, Butcher, Hollioakes, Bicknell etc. but the current crop were subject to much venom from Nasser and the other commentators with Ian Ward playing a diplomatic (ex-Surrey) straight bat :noexpression:

Up the Shire! :englandsmile4wf:

Our winning run has come to an end.

But since the last post on here we beast Leicestershire, our 1st win at Bristol in the 4 day game for 3 long years and went top!

Then we hammered Durham and beat Yorkshire in an impressive comeback from 109/6.

We were hammered at Surrey though, we chose to bowl oddly. Still should go through and could still finish top and you can't win them all.

Keep it up! :englandsmile4wf:

Anyone going to the England West Indies One Dayer at the CG??

Unfortunately not this time. I've been to every ODI (and the 20/20 England v Pakistan) in Bristol since Zimbabwe v WIndies in 2000 and they've been great occassions, but just a bit creditcrunched at the moment :disapointed2se: and going to Spain soon :winner_third_h4h: so that's a bit of spending money.

Highlights include the 2 England v Austalia games , especially the 2005 game in which Jon Lewis hit the winning runs for England just before the Ashes series started. Also Sachin Tendular scoring 100 for India v Sri Lanka. That was a cracking atmosphere, a floodlit game and incredible to see at first hand how passionate the Indians are about their cricket.

Lowlights would be England v Zimbabwe when Vaughan decided to put Zim in to bat, they scored less than 100 :noexpression: and England rattled off the runs by about 4.00pm. Also England being beaten by New Zealand last year on a bitterly cold and blustery day. I also thought the aforementioned 20/20 game was a bit disappointing, not just for the fact that England were outplayed: I just thought that form of cricket is just too short at International level, where most fans like to make a big day of it ie fancy dress, Mexican waves, the inevitable streaker, and massive picnic cool boxes. Not forgetting the odd plastic glass of overpriced Fosters from which yards of "plastic snakes" are made and dragged around the ground. This practice seems to pre-occupy the stewards so much that they forget their basic duties, ie stopping streakers!

Guest MaloneFM

Well they are very good Mr Pop.

Van Basten and that Hullit and everything.

No I'm sorry I don't follow the old criggit.

Well so much for our Ashes momentum- look out for Strauss talking up being 'well rested' at some point. What an absolute steaming pile of rubbish.

England (Internation Wise) don't get 20/20 and never have. They lack big hitters and any idea on how to play it properly.

Thankfully most of the test side aren't involved.

Utter shambles today thou.. they should be made to qualify for any future 20/20 tournements.

England (Internation Wise) don't get 20/20 and never have. They lack big hitters and any idea on how to play it properly.

Thankfully most of the test side aren't involved.

Utter shambles today thou.. they should be made to qualify for any future 20/20 tournements.

f###### embarrassing

Archived