IGNORED

Away Ends

Ian M

• Admin

In seasons past, I've been known to purchase the odd ticket in opposition stands to watch the City if our own allocation has sold out but with the news that Blackpool still have tickets available for their corner of the East End, I was wondering if anyone had ever had to bite the bullet and buy tickets for the away end at Ashton Gate because the home areas sold out?

Guest RammyRobin

I'll be in the away end on saturday. Left it too late to get a seat in the Ateyo. Infact I left it too late to get a seat anywhere else in the ground!!! Bahhh!!!

I imagine I won't be alone....COMMMMMEEEE ONNNN YOUUUU REEEDDDDDSS!!

I was sat near a kid a few years back when we played Rovers at AG, who when we scored proceeded to run into the Rovers end, on his own, and start hurling abuse at them, and very nearly got his head kicked in.

Later found out that he was actually gone in the head and had been sectioned.

I went in the away end against Chesterfield in '97, the season of their Cup semi-final, because I was working with a Chesterfield fan and I fancied experiencing the atmosphere from the away POV. They were a reasonable bunch if a bit thin on the ground, and didn't mind at all when I cheered both City's goals. I think we were already promoted by that point. Tell you what, you don't have to queue so long for a pie i the away section - well worth thinking about for the hungrier fan !

I was sat near a kid a few years back when we played Rovers at AG, who when we scored proceeded to run into the Rovers end, on his own, and start hurling abuse at them, and very nearly got his head kicked in.

Later found out that he was actually gone in the head and had been sectioned.

He would have felt at home in the Rovers end then :dunno:

I went in the away end against Chesterfield in '97, the season of their Cup semi-final, because I was working with a Chesterfield fan and I fancied experiencing the atmosphere from the away POV. They were a reasonable bunch if a bit thin on the ground, and didn't mind at all when I cheered both City's goals. I think we were already promoted by that point. Tell you what, you don't have to queue so long for a pie i the away section - well worth thinking about for the hungrier fan !
it was that game that CONFIRMED we would be in Play-Offs. Had looked like season was dead- then John Ward came- 5 wins in a row. And we beat Chesterfield 2-0 in one of the easiest games ever to make it certain we would be in the play-offs. It was out penultimate game and the last home one. (I think)

benn in the south/north enclosure at eastville, uhhhhhhhh crewe last season, left at h/t and walked round the pitch and got in our end, others swindon,reading,lpool in cup,chester,uhhhhhhhhhh carlisle, port vale, i think thats about it

Wycombe, Brentford, thats it....no problems either, apart from one gobby yokel, at the New Years Day Wycombe(We got beat and lost was it 19 match unbeaten run!) game, who was p@ssed, and kept going on about going back to the farm! He comes from a small village, whose main employment is farming!! Quality-even the Wycombe fans laughed at him

Guest lydneyred

ended up in the home end at blackpool when we lost 5-1 and if i remember rightly the stewards wouldn't let us out early as they claimed they'd get in trouble if they did and made us sit and watch more of the game

Archived