IGNORED

Players Going Out?

BARNEYB

I'd cash in on Elliot if the price was right but I'd keep Skuse.

I see Skuse as potentially being a better version of Lee Johnson*. He sits deep and can pass the ball very nicely but also tackles well and is bigger and stronger than Johnson. I could see a midfield of Skuse and Williams working well given the chance.

*I've done it now, haven't I? Sorry it was a nice thread while it lasted!

I'd cash in on Elliot if the price was right but I'd keep Skuse.

I see Skuse as potentially being a better version of Lee Johnson*. He sits deep and can pass the ball very nicely but also tackles well and is bigger and stronger than Johnson. I could see a midfield of Skuse and Williams working well given the chance.

*I've done it now, haven't I? Sorry it was a nice thread while it lasted!

Odd that a lot of people on here are saying the same. What a massive turnaround this season has been for Skuse.

Don't want to see Marv leave, and I wonder how many bigger clubs will pay what we want after an injury hit season?

I personally would keep skuse and try to get as much money as possible for marv. don't want to see him go but maybe the money we receive for him could rebuild the team.

Would see if wolves would be prepared to give as some people on here have said money plus a striker sorts out the adebola problem and you have big bucks for a replacement or 3

Would also sell Basso and keep weale and henderson. Adriano has been exceptional for us but just seems to be getting injured to much now and the money would free up space for bringing in someone else in the team.

Also would pay up half of trundlel contract and let him go that would leave us with Marv, dele, trunds and basso gone a huge gap in the wage budget plus SM off wage bill i guess we could then buy without fear of going over budget wage wise. Plus with Noble released and stern john gone we have a fair gap already in the wage dept.

Would just like to see a new LB, LM, CB, RM and a replacement for marv come in. Wouldnt need a striker hopefully for we would still have NM, Guy from wolves hopefully PS JA thats 4 to go with and could spend money else where and worse comes to worse loan in a young gun from say Arsenal maybe

Odd that a lot of people on here are saying the same. What a massive turnaround this season has been for Skuse.

Don't want to see Marv leave, and I wonder how many bigger clubs will pay what we want after an injury hit season?

Skuse has filled in admirably for Marvin during a lot of this season. He's not yet quite as effective as Marvin is but I think he's shown potential and we've seen that we can live without Marvin, so losing him for the right price would not be the disaster we once thought it would be.

I also believe that Skuse's more defensive nature would allow his partner to be a more attacking player than Lee Johnson.

Skuse has filled in admirably for Marvin during a lot of this season. He's not yet quite as effective as Marvin is but I think he's shown potential and we've seen that we can live without Marvin, so losing him for the right price would not be the disaster we once thought it would be.

I also believe that Skuse's more defensive nature would allow his partner to be a more attacking player than Lee Johnson.

Not disagreeing fella - just would be a shame to see Marv go.

On the other hand, guess he's into the final year of his contract now? If he has a barnstorming season next time around he walks away on a free! If that's the case then we really don't have much option than to sell this summer.

Not disagreeing fella - just would be a shame to see Marv go.

On the other hand, guess he's into the final year of his contract now? If he has a barnstorming season next time around he walks away on a free! If that's the case then we really don't have much option than to sell this summer.

Yeah I know you weren't disagreeing I was just trying to expand on my thoughts.

Johnson seems to know when the time is right to sell a player. I was very disappointed when we sold Cotterill but we won promotion without him and I think we got the best deal possible selling when we did. Losing Marvin is a potential blow but I'm now confident that we have a good replacement and the money would be useful for strengthening other areas (though we would certainly need another midfielder anyway).

Yeah I know you weren't disagreeing I was just trying to expand on my thoughts.

Johnson seems to know when the time is right to sell a player. I was very disappointed when we sold Cotterill but we won promotion without him and I think we got the best deal possible selling when we did. Losing Marvin is a potential blow but I'm now confident that we have a good replacement and the money would be useful for strengthening other areas (though we would certainly need another midfielder anyway).

Cotterill wasn't a big player for us like Marv is though. That was a hell of a deal we got, the only thing against us there was how late in the day it was.

I guess it all depends on the pot GJ is given, if a player is going to be sacrificed than in terms of size of transfer fee it has to be marv going. And God knows there are areas that need strengthening!

Archived