IGNORED

Gloucestershire Cup Final

Tom Fleuriot

Any chance of a report on yesterday? I read the official site one but would be interested in hearing a bit more detail about how city did. Generally an interesting team last night - I'm especially interested in Henderson, Wilson, Artus, Akinde, Jackson and Styvar. Anything stand out particularly?

Any chance of a report on yesterday? I read the official site one but would be interested in hearing a bit more detail about how city did. Generally an interesting team last night - I'm especially interested in Henderson, Wilson, Artus, Akinde, Jackson and Styvar. Anything stand out particularly?

Henderson didnt really have a lot to do, although he did make one fantasitc fingertip save from a long shot that was dipping under the bar. Apart from that he was pretty much a spectator.

Akindie played quite well, put himself about quite a bit and took his first goal well sliding it past the keeper and his penalty was well taken sending the keeper the wrong way.

Jackson seemed to be playing out on the left wing in the first half before he got injured and went off at half time. Looked very pacey and made a couple of good runs down the left beating their right back with ease sadly though his delivery into the box didnt quite match his initial wing play but if he can work on the delivery he could be quite useful in that position.

Styvar is the most frustrating one from the game becuase I thought he looked awsome last night and left me thinking "now why couldnt he finish like that when playing at first team level". Even though the opposition last night was no where near championship level, some of his play last night would have been good enough up against any team from the Championship - especially his first goal which I thought he took like a player playing at the top of his game. The finish was sublime - smashed it in from a very tight angle, nearly ripping off the crossbar in the process! His second goal was a beautifully flighted ball over the top which he beat the offside trap with a neat chest down and turn and rounding the keeping (who to be fair I thought could have stood his ground a little better!) and tapping it into an empty net. If he is still here next season, which according to people last night he will be - then he could potentially have a good season next year if given the chance - and if he plays like last night!

Just a comment on Hendersons kicking ability, he can kick further with his wrong foot than Basso can with his best one,

also he rarely just kicked it clear anywhere ........ he regularly hit 30 / 50 yard passes to our full backs and wide players, often chipping over the opposition players, all with great accuracy, Orr and McAlaister could do well to watch him.

my fear is, while he may settle for being number 2 for another season, after that i'd imagine he will want first team football somewhere,

and he's certainly good enough to be someones number 1, he also commands the area very well, which is only going to help any defenders confidence.

:tumbleweed:

The Commentators on City World last night said that Styvars family had now moved over to England which will help him settle in the country. Obviously this is having an impact because they were raving about his display last night.

Henderson ,Looked good his kicking with both feet was very assured and he made one very good save but not realy a lot to do

Wilson, did not have alot to do but his passing was very good and his long balls to the strikers caused lots of problems he also mad a couple of good runs with the ball

Artus, Did OK in spells nothing too special seen him play better

Akinde, looked full of confidence took his goal well

Jackson, looks fast should have scored a couple went of injured at half time

Styvar,the best i have seen him play took his chances very well the first goal would have been a good finish in any game

The other stand out for me was Edwards

Henderson ,Looked good his kicking with both feet was very assured and he made one very good save but not realy a lot to do

Wilson, did not have alot to do but his passing was very good and his long balls to the strikers caused lots of problems he also mad a couple of good runs with the ball

Artus, Did OK in spells nothing too special seen him play better

Akinde, looked full of confidence took his goal well

Jackson, looks fast should have scored a couple went of injured at half time

Styvar,the best i have seen him play took his chances very well the first goal would have been a good finish in any game

The other stand out for me was Edwards

Who's Edwards?

This all sounds really promising though, especially styvar and Henderson.

Henderson didnt really have a lot to do, although he did make one fantasitc fingertip save from a long shot that was dipping under the bar. Apart from that he was pretty much a spectator.

Akindie played quite well, put himself about quite a bit and took his first goal well sliding it past the keeper and his penalty was well taken sending the keeper the wrong way.

Jackson seemed to be playing out on the left wing in the first half before he got injured and went off at half time. Looked very pacey and made a couple of good runs down the left beating their right back with ease sadly though his delivery into the box didnt quite match his initial wing play but if he can work on the delivery he could be quite useful in that position.

Styvar is the most frustrating one from the game becuase I thought he looked awsome last night and left me thinking "now why couldnt he finish like that when playing at first team level". Even though the opposition last night was no where near championship level, some of his play last night would have been good enough up against any team from the Championship - especially his first goal which I thought he took like a player playing at the top of his game. The finish was sublime - smashed it in from a very tight angle, nearly ripping off the crossbar in the process! His second goal was a beautifully flighted ball over the top which he beat the offside trap with a neat chest down and turn and rounding the keeping (who to be fair I thought could have stood his ground a little better!) and tapping it into an empty net. If he is still here next season, which according to people last night he will be - then he could potentially have a good season next year if given the chance - and if he plays like last night!

I have raved about Styvar on this forum before and I cannot stop myself this time as the bait is too tasty.

You obviously have not watched his warm ups on the few appearnces mainly on the bench and I am sure GJ hasn't either. Albeit that his total time playing first team football so far has probably not reached 90 minutes yet he has shown potential. He has a venomous shot, left or right foot. When he has taken to the field of play from the bench his flicks, his purposeful passes have been beyond the vision many of the players we have seen this season. He is strong but needs management in the way he uses that strength. He uses his arm too much, when the shoulder should be employed in a fair manner.

So come on GJ do your job MANAGE the players, its not just buying and selling, penning the team sheet and waving your arms about on the touchline. It's about utilising your assets and we have yet to witness this. I include in these assets the likes of Akinde, Artus, Weale and Henderson (that's without Basso), Trundle, the four contracted from the academy and unfortunately the mis-management of Noble. I am now moving away from the subject and will shut up.

Styvar - The One To Watch You heard it here first!!

I have raved about Styvar on this forum before and I cannot stop myself this time as the bait is too tasty.

You obviously have not watched his warm ups on the few appearnces mainly on the bench and I am sure GJ hasn't either. Albeit that his total time playing first team football so far has probably not reached 90 minutes yet he has shown potential. He has a venomous shot, left or right foot. When he has taken to the field of play from the bench his flicks, his purposeful passes have been beyond the vision many of the players we have seen this season. He is strong but needs management in the way he uses that strength. He uses his arm too much, when the shoulder should be employed in a fair manner.

So come on GJ do your job MANAGE the players, its not just buying and selling, penning the team sheet and waving your arms about on the touchline. It's about utilising your assets and we have yet to witness this. I include in these assets the likes of Akinde, Artus, Weale and Henderson (that's without Basso), Trundle, the four contracted from the academy and unfortunately the mis-management of Noble. I am now moving away from the subject and will shut up.

Styvar - The One To Watch You heard it here first!!

Its great that he did well last night and long may it continue!

Just a couple of points i am going to comment on!

Firstly being impressive in warm up's if that is what you are saying doesnt matter one little bit if you don't do it on the pitch!

Secondly i couldnt disagree more with this comment. So far on the pitch IMO he has been mainly disappointing. How you can say his flicks and passes have been beyond the vision of many players we have seen this season is beyond me but everyone is entittled to their opinion!

Thirdly i truely hope you are right about the one to watch! :fingerscrossed:

Wilson and the Right back were very good, Styvar looked about 6 levels above everyone else though. Maybe he needs the summer here to settle in.

Edit: Oh, and Artus looked ok, certainly nowhere near ready to dominate a midfield in the championship.

Archived