IGNORED

Murray Set For Bristol City Exit

!james

Out-of-contract midfielder Scott Murray expects to leave Bristol City after more than a decade at the club.

The 34-year-old played just three games this season to take his tally to 427.

"In my heart I'd love to stay for another year but in my head I know I'll probably end up playing somewhere else next year," he told BBC Radio Bristol.

"I'd like to stay local, but if I have to go abroad for a season or so then I'll do it. I have had a query from China and Australia as well."

Murray, who first joined City from Aston Villa in December 1997 and rejoined them in March 2003 after a short ill-fated stay at Reading, has yet to speak to manager Gary Johnson about his future.

This season he was loaned out to Cheltenham between September and December and scored three goals in his 16 games for the League One strugglers.

Murray, who won two promotions in his time with City, is currently doing his Uefa Pro B coaching badge course.

He is in the top 10 all-time scorers at the Robins after finding the net 91 times, including 27 goals in the 2002/03 season which earned him a move to Reading.

However, he played just 40 games for the Royals after his £650,000 move and returned to Ashton Gate in March 2004.

Had on his facebook page that hes been up and down the M5 so Exeter story wouldnt be unrealistic

Isn't his mate Alex Russell down at Exeter as coach now as well? They - and Louis - all got on really well when AR was at City. Be a good place to start learning some more coaching before he, hopefully, comes back here.

When I saw him at the players sponsor evening tuesday I asked him where he would be playing next season cheltenham, swindle or yeovil? He said he didn't know and he's only heard from Yeovil. The abroad bit come from Lee Matthews who is now an agent who has be touting players abroad, obviously he and scottie are still good mates.

Archived