IGNORED

City Foundation

sh1t_ref_again

Went to renew my season ticket today, only to be told you cannot have the 5% discount for being in the city Foundation, but have not had any communication from city society to this effect.

Only reason I kept on paying was for the ST discount, after the nonsense of, all you members can pay in all year, but when it comes to the big 25K draw, we will just invite everyone to also be a part of it.............

Although all these draws done randonmley somehow by a computer (how can a computer be random) behind closed doors is a joke anyway, City Society is just going the same way as did City 2000 before it........a waste of time.

Even get phone calls from some idiots in Norwich asking me if I want to join the CS, well I have been paying, but don't even seem to be on the system.

I was quite happy to spend some hard earned cash instead of playing the lottery, fund SC, with the chance of winning some back, but if not it went to the club.........but atleast with the lottery you see the drawing made

back to lucky dip..

Edited to change title to Foundation not the old City Society

I share some of your concerns. Particularly about the "computer draw" and the fact theres always a rollover??!

Why is it a rollover all the time? why don't they us a computer or system that has only members in the draw??!

With regard the 5%, I'm read some sort of announcement about this being dropped.

I share some of your concerns. Particularly about the "computer draw" and the fact theres always a rollover??!

Why is it a rollover all the time? why don't they us a computer or system that has only members in the draw??!

Your right, I had forgot about all the rollovers, like you say it would be too easy to just have members names in the draw.

But without them, they would not get all the big headlines on bcfc, of join quick for the big rollover.

Perhaps if they wanted to promote to fans they would be better off, back to a half time draw with only paid up members in the barrel to pick from, atleast other fans will see real people winning cash sums and be encouraged to join, instead of computer says NO

As a City Foundation member, I'll offer what I know about how things work.

1) The 5% discount is no longer available. I agree that this probably hasn't been communicated as well as it could have been

2) Regarding the £25k draw, its worth noting how the draw works. You are given one entry into the big draw (from which the 10 finalists are draw) for each week you have been a paid member of the City Foundation in the last year. For example, if you have been a member for every week of the last year your name has 52 entries. If you joined 8 weeks ago, you get 8 entries and so on..... you therefore have a greater chance of winning if you've been a paid member for longer than those who join near the draw.

3) Yes the draws are done by computer but I believe they're not behind closed doors. I know there's been items on BCFC.co.uk saying when the draw takes place and I'm sure that it said any members could attend.

4) For next season, there's a change in how the prizes work. The £500 weekly prize which can rollover is being replaced by two prizes. Firstly, a guaranteed winner of £250 and another £250 prize which can rollover (upto a maximum of £5k). There's also going to be 5 draws for £1,000 throughout the year and the jackpot is decreased to £20k.

As I say, I'm only a City Foundation member so this only represents how I understand things to operate and is based on my knowledge picked up at the recent City Foundation event in the DEH and from the club website.

Funnily enough i was at the Foundation Night when they drew the 10 names to go into

the £25.000 draw and out of the 200 members in the room Not One of them was drawn out? that was done using a computer. but at least someone won the money as we saw at the last home game, so i will continue paying in. Maybe they could make the draw for the weekly winners on the pitch at half time next season?

Funnily enough i was at the Foundation Night when they drew the 10 names to go into

the £25.000 draw and out of the 200 members in the room Not One of them was drawn out? that was done using a computer. but at least someone won the money as we saw at the last home game, so i will continue paying in. Maybe they could make the draw for the weekly winners on the pitch at half time next season?

Problem is, we don't have home games every week, especially in the summer!

• Admin

Read the season ticket application form again it states on there:

"2009 /10 season card holders renewing / applying for an annual city foundation membership will be eligable for a £10 contribution....."

So am assuming that when the yearly renewals come around somehow this money will be paid back ???

READ BOTTOM OF PAGE 3

I'm not a 'Foundation' member so so cant/shouldnt really comment on this....but reading the thread re: how draw takes place etc..

The thought occured, wouldnt it possible or a good idea to have the 'draws' live & available for all to see on 'City World' freeview?? (like Scottys freeview interview, it would be available for a while after the event too)

That way all members would see the 'draw' process, & the 'freeview' on World would act as a promotion for the Foundation too, maybe attracting more interest etc...

Just a thought... WH

Part of the problem seem to be a real lack of communication from the Foundation to its members, as a fully paid up member from the start their is several bits of information contained in this tread that I did not know, or perhaps I am not in that computer after all.

I'm not a 'Foundation' member so so cant/shouldnt really comment on this....but reading the thread re: how draw takes place etc..

The thought occured, wouldnt it possible or a good idea to have the 'draws' live & available for all to see on 'City World' freeview?? (like Scottys freeview interview, it would be available for a while after the event too)

That way all members would see the 'draw' process, & the 'freeview' on World would act as a promotion for the Foundation too, maybe attracting more interest etc...

Just a thought... WH

Good idea.

Being a Foundation Member no longer qualifies you for a priority ticket for cup games if you are an ST holder. Minor benefit but one which was taken away. I also get people calling me to see if I want to join - been a member for many years (City Society as well) which doesn't create a very warm feeling about how professional the whole thing is. It would be nice to win £5 just once to confirm that my number is actually in the draw.......

It would be nice to win £5 just once to confirm that my number is actually in the draw.......

I presumed I was the only one thinking this!! :pray:

Still, I guess we didn't join to necessarily win anything - certainly is the way it's panning out ! :tumbleweed:

Good idea.

Being a Foundation Member no longer qualifies you for a priority ticket for cup games if you are an ST holder. Minor benefit but one which was taken away. I also get people calling me to see if I want to join - been a member for many years (City Society as well) which doesn't create a very warm feeling about how professional the whole thing is. It would be nice to win £5 just once to confirm that my number is actually in the draw.......

They took all ticket priority away from Foundation members a year or so ago. I wasn't too impressed.

Guest RobbieTurner

Just a thought... WH

Not feasible - they prefer to show us how many the players can score at darts than come up with a sensible suggestion like that.

If you let the Foundation know that you have renewed your season ticket, then they will put you on a list to receive a £10.00 cheque. :icecream:

Surely its eaier for them to identify members who have renewed and they contact you?!

Anyhow, anyone know the contact details (email) to do this? Had a quick look on the City site but couldn't spot anything.

Archived