IGNORED

Darlington Are Toast

sephjnr

Another reason I thank my lucky stars that we have a well-run club. In spite of a recent all-star fundraiser game yesterday Darlington made all but 5 of their office staff redundant including their assistant manager, and today they've let go their entire first team. They now have one professional player and their youth side, and two good-money friendlies against Sunderland and Leeds aren't until July.

The one person who offered to buy the team was refused ownership of both that and the ground so as of last Tuesday no buyers are on the horizon at all. This doesn't look good.

Another reason I thank my lucky stars that we have a well-run club. In spite of a recent all-star fundraiser game yesterday Darlington made all but 5 of their office staff redundant including their assistant manager, and today they've let go their entire first team. They now have one professional player and their youth side, and two good-money friendlies against Sunderland and Leeds aren't until July.

The one person who offered to buy the team was refused ownership of both that and the ground so as of last Tuesday no buyers are on the horizon at all. This doesn't look good.

unbelievable the state of modern football

that stupid ground, imagine if they had stayed at feethams..

Archived