IGNORED

According To Some Our New Midfielder Needs To Be...

screech

Although i might get hammered for this i reckon that the description isnt too far away from cole skuse?

Granted he needs to improve on the scoring, and a little on the creativity

maybe we should re-open the debate about playing ME and CS together :laugh:

Strong? not really. box to box? no

Strong? not really. box to box? no

Compared to LJ he is an ox!

The box to box thing maybe either managers instructions or simply CS mindset, either way if we hold on to one or both i would love to see ME and CS given a chance to forge a partnership, especially with a couple of new wingers.

Compared to LJ he is an ox!

The box to box thing maybe either managers instructions or simply CS mindset, either way if we hold on to one or both i would love to see ME and CS given a chance to forge a partnership, especially with a couple of new wingers.

No way! Them two don't work. Stoke first half last season! terrible.

You can't base them on one or even a couple of games, given the chance and a a run of games together to forge an understanding i feel they could be a very good partnership.

You can't base them on one or even a couple of games, given the chance and a a run of games together to forge an understanding i feel they could be a very good partnership.

it wont work. maybe with a 3 man midfield, but not otherwise. neither is creative enough.

So your going by a game a year and a half ago?

How many first half's of games have ME & LJ looked poor in? Several IMO.

Skuse has come along way in the last 6 months.

Anyway no point discussing it, GJ has his 6 or 7!

it wont work. maybe with a 3 man midfield, but not otherwise. neither is creative enough.

Have you seen some of the balls CS has pinged about? Given a bit more license he could become the most complete CM we've had in a while.

So your going by a game a year and a half ago?

How many first half's of games have ME & LJ looked poor in? Several IMO.

Skuse has come along way in the last 6 months.

Anyway no point discussing it, GJ has his 6 or 7!

they were paired together a few times this season and we've looked very predictable...

British, pacy, strong, tall, creative, box to box, a very good tackler and can score goals.

I suspect Rafa Benitez has already told Steven Gerrard that Liverpool have no hope of holding on to him over the summer.

Three players I can think of who match most of those attributes and are fairly realistic targets, would be;

Chris Cohen (Nottm Forest, £1.5 million - £2.5 million) Doubtful as Forest stayed up

Andy Dorman (St. Mirren, £1 million - £1.5 million) Wanted by plenty of other clubs

Charlie Adam (Rangers, £500,000 - £1 million) Probably the most realistic, but not box to box

Skuse and Elliott are a different proposition now than they were a year ago, what it would mean if those 2 played would be that we could take more of a chance leaving wingers out wide to create some chances with not as much of a risk of being over run through the middle, which is what GJ mentioned on the radio the other night. Skuse can pick a pass, and marv can score goals, and they can both tackle - I would be happy to see them given a run.

Although i might get hammered for this i reckon that the description isnt too far away from cole skuse?

Granted he needs to improve on the scoring, and a little on the creativity

maybe we should re-open the debate about playing ME and CS together :laugh:

.here here!!

Not sure if it's worth the wait but I think he's saying it looks like you and CS should be in midfield.

Haha, bloody idiotic fool i am! So blatent!

But yes i think i could do a job there.....keeping the ball moving etc.....

yeah if skuse and ME played in the middle they would win ball all day and play simple passes out wide, while the wingers could do the creative work with chalk on their boots rather than tucked in.

Realistically i don't think it will happen though as GJ seems happy with one ball winner (elliot) and one ball mover (LJ)

Three players I can think of who match most of those attributes and are fairly realistic targets, would be;

Chris Cohen (Nottm Forest, £1.5 million - £2.5 million) Doubtful as Forest stayed up

Andy Dorman (St. Mirren, £1 million - £1.5 million) Wanted by plenty of other clubs

Charlie Adam (Rangers, £500,000 - £1 million) Probably the most realistic, but not box to box

Add Nicky Bailey at Charlton to that list.

Guest ashtonyate

A young Brain Tinnion would do it for me someone with vision who can pass and play strikers in,which we have lacked since Tinman hung up his boot's

Unfortunately in todays game, it's all about pace, power and skill, of which we are now sadly lacking.

I've felt for ages we're far, far too lightweight, as many others do, and teams see us as an easy touch, especially in midfield, and look forward to an easy afternoon.

We don't have that X. Factor to scare teams anymore.

The end of last season was like groundhog day, watching a bad film , with the same average actors, over and over again.

I mean look at Stoke compared with West Brom.

West Brom play far nicer football on the eye, but Stoke get results, and anybody who's going to play them knows they are in for a battle Royal.

Or Birmingham, Sheff Utd, Wolves, in our division, as opposed to Swansea, Doncaster and us.

You have to try and mix the two, as G.J. always reverts to big men, long ball style when we're desperate to get something out of a game, which must prove this theory works, after tippy tapping the ball around in our own half, posing no threat before eventualy giving the ball away as we go over the half way line !

Also the fact you are at a disadvantage defending against set pieces with such numbers of small players, that's probably the reason we have 11 men defending corners, and also the number of second balls we never win.

Mind you if you concede goals like Swansea away, with no one on the near post from a corner, you're never going to go anywhere !

I'd love a Liam Lawrence, or a Gary O'neil type, alongside Marvin, a real touch of class to take us forward, as I said todays game is about bigger more powerful players, who are able to combine skill with pace, power and endurance, add with the technical vision of an orchestrater in the middle, in the Tinman mold.

It's just a natural progression of the game and society, as all kids today seem to be 6 foot by the time they are 10 !

I'd never want City to abandon trying to play football on the ground and go Watford, but just think we have a much better chance of progressing if we were physically bigger and faster in some departments.

As the saying goes, a good big un will always beat a good little un.

(Although Ricky Hatton might dispute this)

Archived