IGNORED

Iwelumo Unlikely

internetjef

Just watching goals on sunday and Iwelumo is on as guest with Kevin Phillips

Kammy just asked them both about there futures next season.

Iwelumo said MM had already told him he would be involved, then he said that he had been waiting for 7 years for his chance at the prem and was relishing the opportunity

Granted hes hardly going to say, I'm not good enough and I'm back off to the championship :laugh:, but he seemed generally verry bullish about his chances and spoke like someoine who was genuinely looking forward to it. Not like someone who was lookign for a new club.

I reckon Wolves are going to keep him

I don't think he will want to leave Wolves at all - he wants his shot at the Premier League and isnt going to throw it away. If we were to get him, it is more likely to be in the Janurary transfer window when he has either dropped down the pecking order at Wolves and wants first team football or he has turned out to be a flop in the Premier League. Or he may take the Prem by storm!

And even after all that - he may not want to come to City anyway!

I don't think he will want to leave Wolves at all - he wants his shot at the Premier League and isnt going to throw it away. If we were to get him, it is more likely to be in the Janurary transfer window when he has either dropped down the pecking order at Wolves and wants first team football or he has turned out to be a flop in the Premier League. Or he may take the Prem by storm!

And even after all that - he may not want to come to City anyway!

Andy Keogh or Sam Vokes then ?

Just watching goals on sunday and Iwelumo is on as guest with Kevin Phillips

Kammy just asked them both about there futures next season.

Iwelumo said MM had already told him he would be involved, then he said that he had been waiting for 7 years for his chance at the prem and was relishing the opportunity

Granted hes hardly going to say, I'm not good enough and I'm back off to the championship :laugh:, but he seemed generally verry bullish about his chances and spoke like someoine who was genuinely looking forward to it. Not like someone who was lookign for a new club.

I reckon Wolves are going to keep him

i saw that and thought the same as you, but i also thought why wasnt he in vegas with the rest of the squad.......... he may have explained but i missed it..

we'd never have signed him anyway.

Why would a player in a premier league team ever come here?

not being snooty or slagging off the club but i seriously see no motivation to sign for a club like ours when you have attained premier league football next season!

Change that to 'why would a player from a Championship club ever come here'. Do you think Yeovil, Wycombe, Cheltenham , Hereford etc asked that last season?

(Granted these were all loans, but who's to say Iwelumo won't consider a loan depending on how much Premier League he actually gets)

Archived