IGNORED

Atyeo Statue

stroudy

Guest RobbieTurner
Anyone know how the fundraising is going?

Not heard a jot Stroudy, would be good to know how far along we are though....

Good to see you on here Stroudy....although you knew me under a previous name on here.... :shifty:

I can try and find out how much we have in the pot already, although it should be an incentive to join the ST because everyone who joins the Trust will be helping to add money to the fund. We don't have a set amount we need to raise, the more money the bigger the statue we can afford to build basically.

:)

You can of course send in donations without joining the Trust.

I can try and find out how much we have in the pot already, although it should be an incentive to join the ST because everyone who joins the Trust will be helping to add money to the fund. We don't have a set amount we need to raise, the more money the bigger the statue we can afford to build basically.

where do you send donations to have you got a link?

Not heard a jot Stroudy, would be good to know how far along we are though....

Good to see you on here Stroudy....although you knew me under a previous name on here.... :shifty:

Yes nice to see you posting 2!!

Thanks Dolls, would be good to know!

For me the proposed statue is a defining venture of the Ashton Vale project.

Despite all the grumblings it is, and was always going to be, inevitable that the stadium holds many similar values to all others that are springing up around the country. Not to go off topic but this is the reason I embrace, rather than chastise, the design plans as, although there are certainly tweaks which could improve, there are elements which seperate it from a 'flat pack' build and give it a certain sense of individuality.

Following on from this the statue and any other, perhaps seemingly minimal, peripheral additions add an essential aspect of individuality which is pivotal in establishing a new home for Bristol City Football Club, rather than producing an 'iden-t-kit' arena whose only link to the club it houses is the colour of the seats.

Question for those proposing the scheme;

Is it feasible to suggest that an 'Ashton Gate 8' statue also be considered or is that simply not financially viable, or even not pubically supported?

Question for those proposing the scheme;

Is it feasible to suggest that an 'Ashton Gate 8' statue also be considered or is that simply not financially viable, or even not pubically supported?

I would have said there was a pretty strong arguement that a statue etc to remember the act of the 'Ashton Gate 8' is more appropriate than a statue of Atyeo.

Although I throughly appreciate all that Atyeo did for our club, in my eyes, those 8 players saved our club and without them, we may not have a Bristol City Football Club to support.

Just an opinion, thats all...

• SC&T Board Members
I would have said there was a pretty strong arguement that a statue etc to remember the act of the 'Ashton Gate 8' is more appropriate than a statue of Atyeo.

Although I throughly appreciate all that Atyeo did for our club, in my eyes, those 8 players saved our club and without them, we may not have a Bristol City Football Club to support.

Just an opinion, thats all...

We'll have both!

You may recall that the Trust organised a dinner back in 2007 in honour of the Ashton Gate 8. One of the Trust's intentions following that dinner has always been to use proceeds from it to design, produce and erect a plaque to the 8. This is now being made and is due to be put up at Ashton Gate this summer. When we move to the new ground, so will the plaque.

The plaque is a large figure of 8 in a brass-like material with all 8 names inscribed on it. Initially it is likely to be put up above the players' entrance at the back of the Atyeo.

More details on the dinner here: Ashton Gate 8 dinner

Limited copies of the glossy commemorative brochure produced for that event are still available - see the ad to the side of the above article.

We'll have both!

You may recall that the Trust organised a dinner back in 2007 in honour of the Ashton Gate 8. One of the Trust's intentions following that dinner has always been to use proceeds from it to design, produce and erect a plaque to the 8. This is now being made and is due to be put up at Ashton Gate this summer. When we move to the new ground, so will the plaque.

The plaque is a large figure of 8 in a brass-like material with all 8 names inscribed on it. Initially it is likely to be put up above the players' entrance at the back of the Atyeo.

More details on the dinner here: Ashton Gate 8 dinner

Limited copies of the glossy commemorative brochure produced for that event are still available - see the ad to the side of the above article.

Its seems that it has been taken care of nicely. Good work Supporters Trust.

REDHOPE

Archived