IGNORED

I've Been Very Critical Of Our Fans This Season,

Barrs Court Red

After watching the Championship play offs I take some of it back. Reading, Preston and Sheff U all had plenty of empty seats for their home games (I can't remember the Burnley game to comment).

If a play off semi, 3/2 games away from the biggest financial prise in the UK is not a big draw, I really don't know what is. Preston was the shocking one for me, they havn't won anything for years and a big tie against Sheff U still doesn't get the crowds in.

Shocking.

After watching the Championship play offs I take some of it back. Reading, Preston and Sheff U all had plenty of empty seats for their home games (I can't remember the Burnley game to comment).

If a play off semi, 3/2 games away from the biggest financial prise in the UK is not a big draw, I really don't know what is. Preston was the shocking one for me, they havn't won anything for years and a big tie against Sheff U still doesn't get the crowds in.

Shocking.

And you know what - I have seen a lot of these games and at everyone people have been leaving 5 or 10 mins before the end (in a play off) our supporters who need to do that (or choose to) or no worse than any others - lets give it a break next year - I think our fans are pretty damn good :clapping:

And you know what - I have seen a lot of these games and at everyone people have been leaving 5 or 10 mins before the end (in a play off) our supporters who need to do that (or choose to) or no worse than any others - lets give it a break next year - I think our fans are pretty damn good :clapping:

here, here. i think considering the amount of draws and dare i say it the lack of out and out attacking football at AG this year and the amount of late collapses i think the atmos was pretty damn good.

so what if people were jarred off at getting tonked at home by reading for example. show me a crowd in the country that wouldnt of voiced displeasure at getting stuffed with their team looking so inept.

Take last nights game, I'm sure given the chance Burnley would have sold out that whole goal end, instead the had just over half yet there were loads of empty seat scattered around the stadium.

was that was down to reading realising the folly of letting us (and maybe others) have 4k tickets and our fans making it home game for us??

Maybe the credit crunch is hitting the attendances? can watch the game on sky and maybe saving money to go towards a possible wembley game.

I know I would have struggled this season to attend the play-off games had we have made it.

The biggest financial gain prize money wise in the English game is winning the FA cup. £2m and £1m for the runners up. Here have a look;

http://www.footballeconomy.com/statistics.htm

In the season quoted the Chelse made £9m for winning the league so where this £60m comes from is anybodys guess.

Lets do the maths for chelsea according to your link.

28m per team TV money

9m prize money (0.5m for bottom)

Thats between 28.5m to 37m. Add sponsorship, gate receipts and merchandise, you can see how it would easily make 40m

I can only speak for the dolman stand but 90% of the people who leave there seat early don't actualy leave the stadium.They wait by the exits or go down to the front till the final whistle.So the support is still there.

Archived