IGNORED

Jimmy Abdou

Belfastcityfan

Watched the Dirty Leeds v Millwall game last night and thought Jimmy Abdou was outstanding! Looks like he could be a possible target should we lose Marvin, and Wall don't go up. Full of energy, broke up the play well etc, and grabbed himself a goal.

Any thoughts? Anyone seen him in action before?

BCF

was released by plymouth before he joined millwall which would suggest not up to championship standard

Players can change. Look at what the Wall fans said about Big Marv when we signed him. Wasn't Simon Cox released by Reading and it looks like we are after him according to the EP. (Along with Leicester & Celtic)

Players can change. Look at what the Wall fans said about Big Marv when we signed him.

but they were right! outstanding first half of a season, non-exsistant the second half. would sum it up over the 2 seasons he has been here.

agree players can change. wasnt aaron mcclean with someone before re-starting his career at non league and now going to be back in the championship next season? however, he has built on this over a number of seasons. abdou was only released in jan.

Abdou looked tiny when interviewed alongside the keeper, Forde.

Forde may be a giant of course, but Abdou looked very slight and I'd worry about his physical capabilities for Championship football.

Maybe a one off but he looked awesome and didn't take a backward step in a VERY physical midfield.

I would back him anytime in a 50-50 with LJ who is clearly considered capable at CCC level.

Watched the Dirty Leeds v Millwall game last night and thought Jimmy Abdou was outstanding! Looks like he could be a possible target should we lose Marvin, and Wall don't go up. Full of energy, broke up the play well etc, and grabbed himself a goal.

BCF

Give me Dave Martin instead, classy.

BCF

these were my original thoughts until i noticed how small he was compared to other players. yet he did win the ball a lot often I'm not sure if he could compete with the physical presence of other championship sides.

edit: and yeah ill have dave martin as well please.

Archived