IGNORED

Quotes From Q&a Session

cheese

"[....] made an impassioned defence of his players, hit out those who have taken to haranguing them at home games and was particularly stung by claims they lack the stomach for a battle.

"It is the easiest thing to sit in the stands and say they are not good enough, that they do not fight, It is always that negative way of thinking, that the players do not care. "

"At the moment what this team needs is the support of the fans. I must say there is a massive difference between the away fans, who are absolutely fantastic, and the home fans."

"At this level, when players don't do well it's because they've lost their confidence. The only way to help a guy who has lost confidence is to help him again and again. But by slaughtering him you don't help him."

I guess it could be any one of 92 clubs - and shows that managers face the same criticisms and impatience the whole world over.

Anyway, if you're still reading and still interested, it's Arsene Wenger - he apparently had a hard time at a recent shareholders meeting during the Q&A session.

"[....] made an impassioned defence of his players, hit out those who have taken to haranguing them at home games and was particularly stung by claims they lack the stomach for a battle.

"It is the easiest thing to sit in the stands and say they are not good enough, that they do not fight, It is always that negative way of thinking, that the players do not care. "

"At the moment what this team needs is the support of the fans. I must say there is a massive difference between the away fans, who are absolutely fantastic, and the home fans."

"At this level, when players don't do well it's because they've lost their confidence. The only way to help a guy who has lost confidence is to help him again and again. But by slaughtering him you don't help him."

I guess it could be any one of 92 clubs - and shows that managers face the same criticisms and impatience the whole world over.

Anyway, if you're still reading and still interested, it's Arsene Wenger - he apparently had a hard time at a recent shareholders meeting during the Q&A session.

I doubt this is the case but are you therefore saying that GJ should accept the fact that he gets criticism when he makes mistakes in the eyes of fans?

Arsenal is a side that used to have realistic expectations of picking up at least one major honour each season.

Their fans pay a kings ransom to watch them and have the right to be disappointed that they are falling further and further behind the former rivals.

Citys expectations are much lower , GJ therefore has a rather easier ride than Wenger, and the percentage of fans who give player(s) stick is also much lower.

Archived