IGNORED

Rob Jones

easton boy

Meanwhile, Derby have joined Nottingham Forest in chasing Hibernian defender Rob Jones. (Various)

Swansea and Bristol City are also among the clubs interested in Rob Jones, who will leave Hibs in the summer. (The Sun)

From BBC Gossip column. Perhaps Aberdeen Pete and Co. can enlighten us....

I think GJ acknowledged Rob Jones was a player they had on a list, is he that giant centre half? think we already have one of those!

He's better than Boom Boom from what i've seen on Setanta to be honest.

I love Boom Boom but think his lack of pace will always hold him back do not know much about Jones but he is highly thought of.

I think it would be the end of McCombe should we sign him which would be a shame as he has scored some very important goals for us over the 3 years he has been here, although they dried up last year no idea why!

I love Boom Boom but think his lack of pace will always hold him back do not know much about Jones but he is highly thought of.

I think it would be the end of McCombe should we sign him which would be a shame as he has scored some very important goals for us over the 3 years he has been here, although they dried up last year no idea why!

The plus point of Boom Boom is that he is a good 1st ball defender & chips in with the goals. The down side is that he lacks pace & can't pass. In reality I think we'll struggle to find a 6ft 5 + monster defender with great pace & passing ability. I don't see many like that in the Prem!

On balance I'd keep Boom Boom but use him tactically - I.E he did well against both Crouch & Parkin, but when the oppostion have less agricutural forwards, I'd go with Louis & Fonts.

The plus point of Boom Boom is that he is a good 1st ball defender & chips in with the goals. The down side is that he lacks pace & can't pass. In reality I think we'll struggle to find a 6ft 5 + monster defender with great pace & passing ability. I don't see many like that in the Prem!

On balance I'd keep Boom Boom but use him tactically - I.E he did well against both Crouch & Parkin, but when the oppostion have less agricutural forwards, I'd go with Louis & Fonts.

I'd agree with that assessment of McCombe. Jones is older, and apart from being a giant, playing in the SPL is hardly a quality benchmark.

playing in the SPL is hardly a quality benchmark.

I disagree - top 6 sides would be competitive in the CCC and you could argue that the old firm are better than that.

That's 20 games a season for starters.

SPL is without doubt better than league 1 which is where we tend to get most of our players.

Before anyone says it - yeah I know Sproule looked good up there!

Rob Jones is comparable with Jamie McCombe in the air, and is probably a bit quicker on the deck, he hits tackles pretty hard, making him popular with the hibbies supporters...definately a lynchpin in their side and probably a better player than McCombe....

On the subject of Sproule and people thinking he did something up in Scotland.....Many Hibs fans were actually relieved when he left for City 2 seasons ago, his performances were very similar to the ones he put in for city, and he dines out alot on the fact he scored that hat trick on sky against rangers, so to say he played well in the SPL is a bit of a myth...and many followers of the SPL would agree with that

I'd disagree. Thought he was below par against Parkin.

Meanwhile, Derby have joined Nottingham Forest in chasing Hibernian defender Rob Jones. (Various)

Swansea and Bristol City are also among the clubs interested in Rob Jones, who will leave Hibs in the summer. (The Sun)

From BBC Gossip column. Perhaps Aberdeen Pete and Co. can enlighten us....

Should have been signed when left Grimsby for Hibs. Surely not what we need.

We should be looking at players like Mattias Bjärsmyr, IFK Göteborg http://www.ifkgoteborg.se/portal/page?_pag...ment_id=6642268 out of contract at the end of this year and captain of the Swedish U21 team that will compete in the European Championships within short.

I disagree - top 6 sides would be competitive in the CCC and you could argue that the old firm are better than that.

That's 20 games a season for starters.

SPL is without doubt better than league 1 which is where we tend to get most of our players.

Before anyone says it - yeah I know Sproule looked good up there!

Rangers and Celtic aside it's poor fare, but we'll agree to disagree!! I couldn't see Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen and Dundee Utd surviving in the Championship, let alone the Hamiltons etc.

I live in Edinburgh and have been to see Hibs several times, and trust me, Old Form aside the other clubs would struggle in the Championship. Jones is no better than what we've got.

I labelled Dean Shiels as a player to have a look at last year, although he has now moved to Doncaster. Other than that, I'm struggling to see a player that is better than what we've got. We took their best player at the time in Ivan, and he's struggling to hold down a regular spot.

Archived