IGNORED

Hull

nacho libre

Should Hull go down this weekend and blame the size of the Man United squad they should think back 12 months. If Man United did not have the squad to rotate there would have been no Frazer Campbell.

Seem to recall he played a "small part" in their promotion.

What come around go around? :dancing6:

Should Hull go down this weekend and blame the size of the Man United squad they should think back 12 months. If Man United did not have the squad to rotate there would have been no Frazer Campbell.

Seem to recall he played a "small part" in their promotion.

What come around go around? :dancing6:

Its ridiculous the amount of fuss over this game and I hope Hull stay up.

The clubs threatening to sue Man Utd if they field a "weak" side would do well to remember that they are where they are because of their form in the previous 37 games. It is not a one game shoot out.

To highlight even more how ridiculous it is - Sunderlan play Chelsea at weekend. Will they sue them if they rest players before the Cup Final? Doubt it - in fact they will probably hope they do field a weak side.

Pointless thread - Hull have not moaned or anything - The Man Utd second team has proved pretty good in Cups, and will be more up for it than players with minds on the Eurogreed Final. Apparently the threat to sue was down to a tabloid journalists imagination. It's just fifth rate journalists filling tabloid space.

Knowing what Ferguson is like, it wouldnt suprise me if he delibrately rested players not because he wants to rest them for the Champions League final but purely to stick 2 fingers up at the teams that are making noise about sueing and effectively saying "come on then, whos man enough to take us to court, cos it will never hold up"

Guest RobbieTurner
Pointless thread - Hull have not moaned or anything - The Man Utd second team has proved pretty good in Cups, and will be more up for it than players with minds on the Eurogreed Final. Apparently the threat to sue was down to a tabloid journalists imagination. It's just fifth rate journalists filling tabloid space.

:rofl2br: not moaned....thats all I have heard Phil Brown do for the last 27 games....surely you jest...??

Lets hope United play a decent side - even if they drop 5 or 6 - lets see a lot of first teamers - they owe it to the Premier League.

There was a point made on the radio saying that if other teams were offered any player from ManU's second string, they'd probably bite their hands off for him anyway.

I would like Hull to come down, don't really know why, maybe to put away the ghosts of Wembley. As long as they bring Newcastle with them. I don't want 'boro or Sunderland next year, boring teams who don't interest me like Hull and Newcastle do.

Guest RobbieTurner
There was a point made on the radio saying that if other teams were offered any player from ManU's second string, they'd probably bite their hands off for him anyway.

I would like Hull to come down, don't really know why, maybe to put away the ghosts of Wembley. As long as they bring Newcastle with them. I don't want 'boro or Sunderland next year, boring teams who don't interest me like Hull and Newcastle do.

Yeah they probably would. United's squad is pheonomenal and they do rotate it. I'd just hate to see the 2nd string in its entirity playing on Sunday as that just would not be in keeping with what they have done all season. It has to be a level playing field with the teams they have played already.

Anyway, what I want to know is....when Hull get relegated on Sunday, will Phil Brown throw away the silly little Sam Allardyce style headset and microphone he wears during games ??? Whats that all about - he never bothered in the CCC...!

And people on here go on about McIndoe and his big earphones when he gets off the coach.

Phil Brown talks like he's Sir Alex Ferguson - cant wait to see him brought down to earth, and let me stress I have nothing against Hull City generally.

The clubs threatening to sue Man Utd if they field a "weak" side would do well to remember that they are where they are because of their form in the previous 37 games. It is not a one game shoot out.

To highlight even more how ridiculous it is - Sunderlan play Chelsea at weekend. Will they sue them if they rest players before the Cup Final? Doubt it - in fact they will probably hope they do field a weak side.

I sure I read somewhere that the clubs denied they would sue man utd??!

Afraid Boro are virtually down already. They need to win, and win big, at West Ham, and still hope Hull and Newcastle lose. Or something like that anyway. Either way, it's Newcastle/Hull/Sunderland to join Boro and West Brom. My own view is that Newcastle haven't got a prayer.

Afraid Boro are virtually down already. They need to win, and win big, at West Ham, and still hope Hull and Newcastle lose. Or something like that anyway. Either way, it's Newcastle/Hull/Sunderland to join Boro and West Brom. My own view is that Newcastle haven't got a prayer.

They don't need to win big necessarily. Win 2 nil and Hull lose 3 nil and they may stay up.

I am not sure a "second string" Utd team helps Hull. I think I'd rather be playing a bunch of 1st teamers whose minds were preoccupied with Barce on Weds evening. The Utd "reserves" are easily good enough to beat Hull & I think they comfortably will.

Don't forget that those reserves will probably include the likes of Berbatov and Tevez. We aren't talking about a team of 16 year olds. I'm sure Utd will beat Hull, but I fancy that Newcastle will lose at Villa and Boro will only get a draw at West Ham, so Hull will stay up.

Load of tosh if you ask me - cant see how anyone could sue anyone for fielding a so called weakened side - what grounds?

The clubs are members of a league in which there are rules to abide by -

If a rule is broken then maybe/possibly there would be a route to court but there is no rule saying you have to field a minimum number of players better than their temamates in a game so no rule would be broken!

I remember a very young & reservefull Liverpool team being hammered 2-1 at AG in 77'

The scouse gits had just become league champions the game before and the next game was the FA Cup final .....BCFC at AG was sandwiched in between

The thing is that "reserve" side contained the young likes of....Hansen / Fairclough / Phil Thompson and several others who went on to become the Liverpool team that dominated Div 1 and Europe for most of the 80's

Guest DanC
Don't forget that those reserves will probably include the likes of Berbatov and Tevez. We aren't talking about a team of 16 year olds. I'm sure Utd will beat Hull, but I fancy that Newcastle will lose at Villa and Boro will only get a draw at West Ham, so Hull will stay up.
If I was SAF I with teh champions league final in mind I would not field my 1st 11, I would then not even field my 2nd 11 in case any of my 1st 11 picked up a injury in training or something and 6 of the 2nd 11 will be on teh bench in the final 11 which as we know substitutes can change games. So I would then be looking at fielding my 3rd 11 at best.

No-one's got a problem with Man Utd apart from The Scum.

Taken from the genius Football365.com this morning:

Middlesbrough assistant Malcolm Crosby sounded outraged when he said: "Sir Alex is entitled to put out whatever team he likes because he is the manager of Manchester United. He knows he has a massive game ahead in the Champions League, so we cannot complain if they put a weaker team out. In saying that, weaker Manchester United teams are not too bad!

"He wants to win, I'm sure his players are the same. The young players they have got are tremendous players and there's nothing to say they can't go there and beat Hull."

Over to the Stadium of Light, where Ricky Sbragia was incandescent on Wednesday: "Manchester United will play a team that can beat Hull, it's as simple as that. I can understand they have got their minds on the Champions League. If I was in that situation, I would.

"But they have got a lot of depth in their squad and some very good young players as well, so whatever team they put out, they will totally believe they can win the game, and that's all we can ask for. Man United will always play the same way. They are very difficult to beat, they do score goals and I would have thought he would put a team out to do that. He won't put a team out of youth players, I will tell you that now."

And finally, the most irked of the irked was Alan Shearer, who said on Friday: "Alex Ferugson can do whatever he wants with his players. He can play who he wants, he can rest who he wants."

And this was after the erstwhile pundit said on Wednesday: "Alex, when he has been in that position, has always put out a side that does his club proud, so whoever he puts out, Manchester United are that professional so they will go out and try to win that game. I have not got any problems with that."

Hmm. Sounds like the whiff of legal action is in the air...

I have no words to describe how awful Newcastle has been this year....

but I have less words to describe the shameful luck of Hull... :evil: save themselves thanks to an autogol is something incredible!

I hated them last year,because they were the team that (in terms of full season performances) deserved less to go up,and the final seemed to be 'haunted' for us... but now I hate them more, because I think that in football luck is a component,but when you have much of it,it makes you angry.

If you add that beating Newcastle in the next Championship will be harder than beating quei culosi di merda dell'Hull...

I have no words to describe how awful Newcastle has been this year....

but I have less words to describe the shameful luck of Hull... :evil: save themselves thanks to an autogol is something incredible!

I hated them last year,because they were the team that (in terms of full season performances) deserved less to go up,and the final seemed to be 'haunted' for us... but now I hate them more, because I think that in football luck is a component,but when you have much of it,it makes you angry.

If you add that beating Newcastle in the next Championship will be harder than beating quei culosi di merda dell'Hull...

Absolutely not true. In terms of a full seasons performances they deseved to go up - they finished 3rd!

Absolutely not true. In terms of a full seasons performances they deseved to go up - they finished 3rd!

When I say 'full season'...it means the continuity in results from the beginning of the season to the end of the season..until the last part of the season,they were far from the playoffs...then the form of all the teams above them went down, so they were able to arrive in the playoffs zone. On the contrary,Bristol City (but non only us) were in the playoffs zone for almost all the season,and we did better than them... and only at the end of the season,we had a period of bad results,due also to the loss of energies. In fact, even if I was sorry about the automatic promotion of Stoke,they were in fight with us for a long time,and in these situations even a direct encounter can decide all (that was a key match)... I say these things because when I follow football,I judge every aspect of a season,not only the results.

That's my opinion,but I think other City and non-City fans agree with this.

When I say 'full season'...it means the continuity in results from the beginning of the season to the end of the season..until the last part of the season,they were far from the playoffs...then the form of all the teams above them went down, so they were able to arrive in the playoffs zone. On the contrary,Bristol City (but non only us) were in the playoffs zone for almost all the season,and we did better than them... and only at the end of the season,we had a period of bad results,due also to the loss of energies. In fact, even if I was sorry about the automatic promotion of Stoke,they were in fight with us for a long time,and in these situations even a direct encounter can decide all (that was a key match)...

when 2 teams have almost the same points,do almost the same results,are similar in terms of 'strenght'... I can't say Stoke didn't deserve to go up... like WBA. Obviously,we weren't weaker than them,so it was hard to accept the loss of the automatic promotion..

I say these things because when I follow football,I judge every aspect of a season,not only the results.

That's my opinion,but I think other City and non-City fans agree with this.

Archived