IGNORED

The Hero

Big Red Rich

Which scenario would you like?

City are winning 1-0 and QPR are drawing 0-0. Its a last minute penalty. Would you like Steve Phillips to be the hero?

City are winning 1-0 and Qpr are drawing 0-0. Its a QPR last minute penalty. Would you like Cureton or Thorpe to be the hero by missing the penalty?

Qpr are drawing, City also, last minute, who do you want to score? Tinnion? Miller? Peacock? A Darren Caskey free-kick?

I'm a big Phillips fan and will wear his gloves with pride in the forum game so I would love to see him save the penalty!! Although Thorpe missing his trade mark penalty would also have me in dreamland.

Which scenario would you like? Or make your own...............

Love to see the Tins, The Doc, Hill or Phillips do it for us.

All players play with passion and are City through and through. they clearly love the club and are some of the greatest servents of recent times.

Wouldn't mind seeing Rougier do it either, he seems proud to be at City and has played his heart out since he came here. His kissing of his badge at Port Vlae and his constant acknowledgement of the fans has gone a long way already for me.

One of two scenarios for me. Either Tinman blasting home our 1st pen of the season in front of the Atyeo in the dying moments which sends us up. Or a scintilating sub display from Super Scotty where he scores his 1st goals for the club since returning. Both culminating in City getting promotion!

Me.

Owing to a sudden injury crisis at the club they are given special dispensation to sign me as emergency cover (there's no substitute for experience in these stressful sitautions you know).

Owing to the fact that I'm, shall we say, in the more advanced stages of my youth, and haven't played a competitive game of football for over 10 years Danny very wisely decides to start me on the bench. I'm brought on as sub with two minutes left: Qpr are losing 12 nil but we're still only nil nil with Blackpool. 'Go out there and take us to the first division' Danny begs. Though part of me also thinks that what he's really saying is 'Go out there and make sure I'm still in a job next season'

With only a minute left, I start on a mazy dribble through the massed ranks of the Blackpool defence. It's almost as if the 19,000 crowd are watching me in slow motion (and the pace I run at, they would be). But showing the magical silky ball skills of dreams gone by, I waft my way past all 10 players before rifling an unstoppable shot into the top corner.

Pandemonium. Tony Rougier hails me as the new Messiah, Tins promises to be my slave for ever and Steve Lansdown offers me a ten p win bonus.

But the game's not over yet. Blackpool kick off, they're straight up the other end, bearing down on Steve Phillips. He brings the player down. Penalty, and Steve is sent off. I look around at the other players. None of them are up for it, but I am. Besides, I'm too knackered to run around any more anyway and need a breather.

I don the yellow jersey. A superbly struck penalty high in the right hand corner, but I fling myself across the goal, tipping it round the corner. The referee blows his whistle. We're up. Or so we think. News comes through from Hillsborough that QPR have staged a dramatic late comeback. They're at 12 all now, in the last minute of injury time, and Tony Thorpe is about to take the penalty that will take them up instead of City.

Seizing a mobile phone from a nearby Steward, I use my fabulous technical skills to route the call directly into the Hillsborough PA system. Just as Thorpe steps up to the spot, I conduct 19,000 City fans in a chorus of 'OOOOOOh ... you fat B*sta*d' which reverberates around Sheffield just as Thorpe is about to take the kick. he misses.

This time we really are up, and it's all down to me!

Guest eviltaxman

How about something a little extreme.........

2 minutes into injury time, City are the attack, but can't quite seal it (sound familiar? :P ). We get a corner, the fans are baying for blood..... Tinman steps up for the corner..... what's this??? It's Steve Phillips legging it up the pitch, he's on the edge of the box, the ball comes in... there's heads everywhere.... Phillips get the only goal of the game (thanks to a lucky ricochet) and City are up.

No? OK, suit yerself! :P

Me.

Owing to a sudden injury crisis at the club they are given special dispensation to sign me as emergency cover (there's no substitute for experience in these stressful sitautions you know).

Owing to the fact that I'm, shall we say, in the more advanced stages of my youth, and haven't played a competitive game of football for over 10 years Danny very wisely decides to start me on the bench. I'm brought on as sub with two minutes left: Qpr are losing 12 nil but we're still only nil nil with Blackpool. 'Go out there and take us to the first division' Danny begs. Though part of me also thinks that what he's really saying is 'Go out there and make sure I'm still in a job next season'

With only a minute left, I start on a mazy dribble through the massed ranks of the Blackpool defence. It's almost as if the 19,000 crowd are watching me in slow motion (and the pace I run at, they would be). But showing the magical silky ball skills of dreams gone by, I waft my way past all 10 players before rifling an unstoppable shot into the top corner.

Pandemonium. Tony Rougier hails me as the new Messiah, Tins promises to be my slave for ever and Steve Lansdown offers me a ten p win bonus.

But the game's not over yet. Blackpool kick off, they're straight up the other end, bearing down on Steve Phillips. He brings the player down. Penalty, and Steve is sent off. I look around at the other players. None of them are up for it, but I am. Besides, I'm too knackered to run around any more anyway and need a breather.

I don the yellow jersey. A superbly struck penalty high in the right hand corner, but I fling myself across the goal, tipping it round the corner. The referee blows his whistle. We're up. Or so we think. News comes through from Hillsborough that QPR have staged a dramatic late comeback. They're at 12 all now, in the last minute of injury time, and Tony Thorpe is about to take the penalty that will take them up instead of City.

Seizing a mobile phone from a nearby Steward, I use my fabulous technical skills to route the call directly into the Hillsborough PA system. Just as Thorpe steps up to the spot, I conduct 19,000 City fans in a chorus of 'OOOOOOh ... you fat B*sta*d' which reverberates around Sheffield just as Thorpe is about to take the kick. he misses.

This time we really are up, and it's all down to me!

Ever thought of becoming a writer, Dave?

Personally, I'd like Peacock to win it for us. Everyone seems to hate him but I can't help liking the bloke...... :dunno:

Oh, and with QPR 1-0 up in the last minute, big Kevin Pressman comes up for a corner, barges into both Thorpe and player-manager Ian Holloway who has been forced to don his boots due to an injury crisis. Thorpe and Holloway connect with the ball simultaneously and send it rocketing high into the roof of the net. Watching Mark Robins does a little jig as 18,000 Wednesday fans flood the pitch to celebrate City's impending promotion. Steve Lansdown is knighted while Holloway resigns and admits: "I always knew I'd never manage a team who could beat that red lot...."

How about something a little extreme.........

2 minutes into injury time, City are the attack, but can't quite seal it (sound familiar? :P ). We get a corner, the fans are baying for blood..... Tinman steps up for the corner..... what's this??? It's Steve Phillips legging it up the pitch, he's on the edge of the box, the ball comes in... there's heads everywhere.... Phillips get the only goal of the game (thanks to a lucky ricochet) and City are up.

No? OK, suit yerself! :P

Not as unrealistic as it may seem if we are drawing or losing around the 85th minute mark Phillips should come up for all corners.

Saying that we usually got 9 players back for all of our corners so the liklihood of phillips being aloud up is minimal. Could Wilson be that desperate to save himself though?

Mr. Taxman I think i may go and put a bet on Phillips scoring the odds will be through the roof and its more possible than what it sounds.

Joe Burnell.

He's taken a lot of stick this season. Some of it has been deserved, but a lot of it has been undeserved and it would be great to see him come on and score the goal which wins us promotion.

However if he misses it...

Guest lydneyred

Would love for Louis to be the saviour and score the goal that sends us up, only so that it would shut him indoors up for a while and he would have to admit that Louis had some uses on the pitch

Though deep down the hero is going to be the one that keeps his cool the most.

Guest bcfccider

Tinnion header in injury time - running into the Atyeo

Murray running down the right wing and shooting into the top corner

or Rougier straight down the middle and slotting past the keeper

Guest matalan31

who cares as long as we go up!

but if i had to choose, can you imagine this;

its wednesday 0-0 qpr

city are also 0-0

its the 90th minute

tin man has the ball 30 yards out

he shoots towards the atyeo and it go's in

ASHTON GATE IRRUPTS: YYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS :dunno:

Robbo, and Miller to shut the moaners about both the ##** up...decent players no real chances to shine...
Agreed but with a Rougier goal just to top it off. Oh yeah followed by Doc, Tinman, Coles, Carey, Oh ok 14 - 0 with every player scoring including the subs

Having seen Miller come close to tears after "THE MISS" at Swindon. I would like Promotion to be sealed with a 93 min cross from Peacock, a bullet header from Miller 3 yards out, tears of joy as the ball hits the back of the net. We of couse, all go elemental.

Please Please Please Please Please PleasePlease Please PleasePlease Please Please!

Tinman long crossfield ball perfectly into space for Murray who beats the left back and crosses to the far post where Miller climbs highest and knocks the ball back to peacock who buries it with a scorching right foot finish into the top corner.

All this in the first 5 minutes. Murray goes on to score as do Miller and Roberts and its party time when Sheffield Wednesday score two just minutes into the second half..........

Having seen how frustrated Peacock was after the Brighton game he deserves reward for the effort he puts in, while it would be great to see Scotty rewarded for his return.

If you want to be realistic in all this, it'll be who ever scores for Wednesday, gainst QPR, wont it..cos if both win, its the playoffs aint it for us...its all on the result at Hilsboro, even if we win!! Us winning aint enough...Wednesday MUST draw or win, to make any point to all this theorising.....

The ones vesrses QPR, Grimsby, Luton & Swindon perhaps?

I'd love Roberts to score, it might be his last game for the club too. Shove it right down the throats of everyone who gives him grief for misses, but then forgets about Lita's miss from 2 inches out, or Peacocks two missed headers in the same game....

Not forgetting "Our Tommy's" wild miss just before half time.

A Robert's hat-trick would do me nicely, he's more than capable, and it'd be diabolical if he gets ejected from the club after having so few chances up front this season.

On the Sheff Wed side, I think it would be ironic if Robins pops in a couple for us. Oh, and maybe if Thorpe scores an own goal to help us on our way :P

Anyone can score for us, I couldn't give a monkey at the moment :dunno:

Ooh, and just a little note to any City fans who could only get a ticket in the away section, you might come in handy. Picture this:

93rd minute, City are 1-0 up and OPR aren't winning. We're beginning to celebrate. But wait, here come Blackpool on a last minute attack.... jinxing through our defence, one on one with the keeper.... Phillips comes out, but is chipped! The ball rolls towards the goal... closer, closer.... the East End is ushering the ball away, using their [limited] mental powers to will it away... but no, it goes onwards towards the goal.

Bugger, we all think in those milliseconds. Play offs here we come. Bugger bugger bugger.

This is where you come in, lone ciderhead in the away end. You run onto the pitch and hoof the ball away. Ref blows, drop ball in the goal area, and because it appeared to be a Blackpool fan kicking it away, the visitors allow Phillips to punt it up the field, just as the ref blows up for full-time.

Now, granted, you'll be arrested. But you'd also be a hero.

You know it makes sense :laugh:

:P

So how about, QPR have just lost, City are drawing in the 94th minute:

Steve Phillips takes a goal kick, which rises up and floats into the Blackpool box, goal mouth scramble follows (during which time Stevie has run the entire length of the pitch), and the ball is bundled into the net, City win 1-0 and are promoted.

But 'cos of the goal-mouth scramble, even with TV replay, no-one can pin point who actually scored the goal - so it's awarded to the whole team.

:dunno:

Archived