IGNORED

Harder League Next Year?

Loderingo

A lot of people seem to think it could be a harder league next year. Now we know which clubs we will be facing, here's a quick look at what I think are the early doors prospects for each club:

New Boys

Newcastle - There's been a lot of talk about how they will do on other threads. I think they could have a transition season next year, something like Derby's season this year where they steady the ship. Bottom half.

Boro - More likely to be stable than Newcastle. can see Gibson sticking with Southgate. Around the playoffs.

West Brom - know the league well and how to beat it. Champions

Leicester - Did very well in League 1. Should probably not have gone down last time but Hollowhead messed them up. Top half

Peterborough - Have done very well to get back-to-back promotions but could run out of steam especially if Ferguson and/or their best players leave. Bottom half.

S****horpe - know the division well. Will be tought to beat but may lack quality. Bottom half

Going up

Ipswich - probably underperformed for a few seasons. Roy Keane can push them forward. Auto

Watford - improved dramatically under Brendan Rogers. Could sneak in the top half.

Derby - Nigel Clough has done a good job to turn the ship around. Top half.

Forest - Improved under Billy Davies but the squad needs a major overhaul. Bottom half

Going down

Reading - Coppell has left. Madjeski wants to sell. Bottom half

Cardiff - May find it hard to cope with throwing away those last few games. New stadium could backfire if the atmosphere is not good.

Barnsley - Only just stayed up. Fans want Davey out. Relegation

Blackpool - the curse of Holloway strikes again?

Coventry - seem quite flaky and likely to be in the relegation fight.

Moving sideways

Sheff U - would expect them to feature at the business end of the table again. Playoffs

Preston - would expect them to be there or thereabouts again.

Swansea - I would expect therev attractive football to leave them in the top half again

QPR - the board don't seem to want to spend much money and keep changing managers so another season of inconsistency

Sheff W - Did well last season but don't think they have the resources to push on further

Doncaster - a very up and season last year. Will be hard to beat again but may lack quality.

Crystal Palace - faded badly at the end of the season. Can't see much different next year.

Plymouth - See Doncaster

Early guess at a league table (excluding City)

West Brom

Ipswich

Sheff Utd

Preston

Middlesborough

Derby

Leicester

Swansea

Watford

Wednesday

QPR

Cardiff

Forest

Reading

Peterborough

Doncaster

Newcastle

Palace

Plymouth

S****horpe

Coventry

Blackpool

Barnsley

I said in other thread that there is less difference than you might think between the top two leagues (discounting the top 4 of the Prem)

The Prem really has some eye sore teams too, Hull, Sjoke, Burnley, Wolves, Blackburn, Sunderland, Bolton, Portsmouth, Wigan. Wicked. :noexpression:

Jeeez, what a load of crap, just the worst parts of the UK to live in all represented in the Premier League, I prefer the Chumpionship actually.

I can see Peterborough doing well next season, maybe top 10.

WBA

Sheff Utd

Boro

Newcastle

Ispwich

Watford

Preston

Cardiff

BCFC

Reading

Peterborough

Sheff Wed

Palace

Swansea

Leicester

Plymouth

Scunny

QPR

Derby

Donny

Coventry

Forest

Barnsley

Blackpool

Another top 10 for the lads, should this be the story come next may. Good Times.

I said in other thread that there is less difference than you might think between the top two leagues (discounting the top 4 of the Prem)

The Prem really has some eye sore teams too, Hull, Sjoke, Burnley, Wolves, Blackburn, Sunderland, Bolton, Portsmouth, Wigan. Wicked. :noexpression:

Jeeez, what a load of crap, just the worst parts of the UK to live in all represented in the Premier League, I prefer the Chumpionship actually.

Some of the teams in the prem are starting to looking very ordinary, everyone keeps banging on about the prem is the place to be etc etc (which i agree with to a certain extent) but some of the citys and there teams look bloody terrible.

I mean just say it was us that went up yesterday and not Burnley, how many games would you REALLY be excited about? Take away the top 6 and the rest of the teams are very ordinary and wouldnt fill me with that much excitment.

Promotion is obviously the aim and ambition, but to be fair the championship isnt a bad place to be at all!

I pretty much agree with the original post.

There is no way this league will be tougher next season. This year you could have said, with relative certainty, that Wolves, B'ham and Reading would lead the way. This season, apart from West Brom - and even they may need time if the Mowbray rumours have any substance, there are no guarantees. Derby will probably have a good year while M'boro will feature. I also think P'boro will challenge the play-offs. Apart from that it's anyones guess.

People need to see beyond the 'name' and realise clubs like Newcastle, while a fearful thought, are now very much in transition.

I can see Peterborough doing well next season, maybe top 10.

WBA

Sheff Utd

Boro

Newcastle

Ispwich

Watford

Preston

Cardiff

BCFC

Reading

Peterborough

Sheff Wed

Palace

Swansea

Leicester

Plymouth

Scunny

QPR

Derby

Donny

Coventry

Forest

Barnsley

Blackpool

Another top 10 for the lads, should this be the story come next may. Good Times.

Newcastle

Ipswich

Preston

Boro

QPR

WBA

Reading

Baadiff

Bristol City

Watford

Swansea

Sheffield Utd

Palace

Sheffield Wed

Derby

Plymouth

Peterbrough

Doncaster

Leicester

Forest

Coventry

Barnsley

Blackpool

Scunnys..

WBA

Boro

-----

Sheff Utd

Ipswich

Cardiff

Swansea

-----

Preston

Reading

Sheff Wed

Palace

Watford

QPR

Bristol City

Derby

Donny

Newcastle

Coventry

Forest

Leicester

Blackpool

Scunny

---

Plymouth

Peterborough

Barnsley

if johnson gets the players we all know he needs to get then i really would fancey our chances next season :winner_third_h4h:

cant see newcaslte doing very well at all and i don't think peterborugh will go down they have a very inteligent manager but it all depends if they lose their best players

WBA

Ipswich

-----

Sheff Utd

Boro

Bristol City

Swansea

-----

Baadiff

Preston

Reading

Sheff Wed