IGNORED

Adebola Off To Forest

bakes

Sorry to drag this topic back up.

Forest have made a bid in excess of £1 million for Southampton striker David McGoldrick which the Saints are currently considering. It appears that any McGoldrick deal would be in tandem with an Adebola one rather than instead of.

14 goals last season in a relegated team, his value may perhaps shed some light on what Southampton, if only out of desperation, may be willing to accept for Surman.

Stern John scored 19+ for a Southampton team that struggled the season before and he was crap when he came to us.

:tumbleweed:

If thats the case maybe Johnson will renew his interest in Tyson - who could become surplus to requirements at Forest?

Could end up with Adebola, McGoldrick, Blackstock, Earnshaw, Tyson and Garner. Usual careful financial planning by Forest I see. :innocent06:

Not for the first time, apologies for dragging this topic back up.

Johnson has confirmed Adebola's exit to Sky Sports as the club refuse to budge on their one year offer.

In the same piece, featured on Sky Sports Transfer Centre - Cant link as on phone, Johnson claims that, despite much rumoured interest, he is 'certain' Elliot will remain at the club.

Not for the first time, apologies for dragging this topic back up.

Johnson has confirmed Adebola's exit to Sky Sports as the club refuse to budge on their one year offer.

In the same piece, featured on Sky Sports Transfer Centre - Cant link as on phone, Johnson claims that despite much rumoured interest, he is 'confident' Elliot will remain at the club.

online:

Bristol City's out-of-contract striker Dele Adebola looks set to leave Ashton Gate this summer, according to Robins boss Gary Johnson.

The former Nigerian international has been linked with a host of clubs, including QPR, Blackpool and Nottingham Forest.

Johnson has told skysports.com his club were not willing to offer the forward a two-year deal.

"He hasn't given any indication to where his future lies yet, but I don't think it will be here at Bristol City because it looks like Dele will be moving on," said Johnson.

"He wanted an extra year on top of the deal we offered him, but we were only prepared to offer him a one-year deal, so he is free to move on now and get that two-year contract elsewhere.

"So, I suspect that he won't be at the club come the start of the season.

"He has played his part and has done very well for us in the last few seasons, but anyone over 24 can move around once their contracts expire.

"It's unfortunate, but we will move on and try to bring someone else in to take up that mantle."

Another player linked with a move away from Ashton Gate is midfielder Marvin Elliott, but Johnson is confident that the former Millwall man will remain with the Robins this summer.

"There is a lot more speculation than truth in these sort of transfer stories, but it is always nice for Marvin to see his name linked with big clubs," he added.

"He is definitely one we would like to keep and I am certain that he will be playing for us when the season gets under way."

Thanks for link.

Tried to edit post but didnt work, replace 'confident' with 'certain.'

According to our local rag and many people 'in the know' Dele has indeed signed a 2 year contract at Forest. The reason for the lack of coverage is he is still under contract with City and we have yet to confirm our sponsors for next season. Expect an official announcement on 1st July or soon after.

http://www.thisisnottinghamforest.co.uk/ne...il/article.html

But so far, striker Dele Adebola is the only summer signing, with his free-transfer move from Bristol City set to be officially confirmed when his contract expires.

According to our local rag and many people 'in the know' Dele has indeed signed a 2 year contract at Forest. The reason for the lack of coverage is he is still under contract with City and we have yet to confirm our sponsors for next season. Expect an official announcement on 1st July or soon after.

But so far, striker Dele Adebola is the only summer signing, with his free-transfer move from Bristol City set to be officially confirmed when his contract expires.

Yes it's common knowledge here as well and good luck to Dele, hope he does ok for you. On his day he's very difficult to handle but those days are getting fewer now. If he plays 2 games in a week then he's ineffective in the second game - we signed Stern John simply to give Dele a rest on those occaisions but he turned out to be crap and Dele had to carry on.

In most games he played for us he was subbed around 70 minutes.

That's why we only offered a 12 month contract.

Still - according to the papers you're getting 4 or 5 new strikers in so there's plenty to share the workload!

CR

http://www.thisisnottinghamforest.co.uk/ne...il/article.html

On his day, dele is unplayable. but mostly he is predictable.

One thing you'll get though is 100%, 100% of the time. Good luck dele.

Adebola is a good player whose direct, power running and working of the channels is overshadowed by his assumed 'target man' status.

I'm suprised in honesty that he has found several apparent suitors on a two year deal as he struggled to complete 90 minutes, let alone 2 games a week.

You've got yourself a good player who can be approaching unstoppable, the problem being that he is firmly in the twilight of his career and the signs were there this season that he was struggling to cope with the workload.

Good luck to him, I wish him all the best and thank him for his time here. He appears an incredibly dedicated, honest pro but I'm glad we didnt give him the extra year, even given our current strikes situation.

Adebola is a good player whose direct, power running and working of the channels is overshadowed by his assumed 'target man' status.

I'm suprised in honesty that he has found several apparent suitors on a two year deal as he struggled to complete 90 minutes, let alone 2 games a week.

You've got yourself a good player who can be approaching unstoppable, the problem being that he is firmly in the twilight of his career and the signs were there this season that he was struggling to cope with the workload.

Good luck to him, I wish him all the best and thank him for his time here. He appears an incredibly dedicated, honest pro but I'm glad we didnt give him the extra year, even given our current strikes situation.

Well you guys are in a far better position to comment on Dele than me as I only watched him play against us last season. I thought when he signed for you he was past it but was surprised how much impact he had in those games. He seems to have been around for ages and I remember watching him play for Birmingham yonks ago and thought what a donkey he was. For City last season he seemed to have a new lease of life so I hope he can bring that effort and commitment with him to Forest.

What sort of reception do you think he'll get if he turns out for Forest against you next season?

What sort of reception do you think he'll get if he turns out for Forest against you next season?

He'll get a cheer & then we'll get on with the game. Nobody's got any problem with him leaving and we all agree the club was right not to give him a 2 yr deal as his legs clearly won't last 2 years.

On the other hand he was only here less than 2 years, just another player who's passed through and moved on - it happens, we're certainly not talking - for example - like the (unhealthy) obsession that Swansea fans had (and still have) with Lee Trundle!!

Anyway he'll probably be warming the bench

CR

Id go a step further than 'CodeRed' as I believe Dele will get a very warm reception.

For two main reasons,

I think the fans respect his professionalism and they also have fond memories of him - our playoff run, 45 minute cameo vs Wolves.

He'll get more than a standard 'welcome back clap.'

Dele will get an ok reception but I disagree with all of this 100% stuff. Maybe in the last few months of the season but before that he was only playing well enough one game in three IMO, much like he did at Coventry. Good luck to him though, nice bloke and decent professional.

Archived