IGNORED

How To Keep In Touch

BournemouthRed

I'll have a radio clamped to my ear on Saturday but what station do people reckon will be best to get instant news from Hillsborough?

I suppose it's a straight choice between 5 Live - who are Premiership focussed but usually good when it comes to last-day promotion/relegation issues - or Radio Bristol who will be doing the Gas game (presumably) but should be following QPR very closely.

I'm leaning towards 5 Live at the moment.....any suggestions? :dunno:

Guest N1 Jim

Got Qpr mates at the game so no problem really last few games been getting scores about a minute ahead of anyone else which is strange.

Nowadays in terms of radio stations they r all pretty close with scoreflashes. Guess radio Bristol would be best bet tomorrow.

Can remember last day home to Walsall 1990ish loads of rumours sweeping Ashton Gate re the Gas score at Blackpool affecting who would be champions. Don't beleive owt til u hear it for yourself.

Surely the forum are clubbing together to send NTTDS to Hillsborough for the free text service?

There's a direct flight to Newcastle leaving Bristol at 11.33am, arriving Newcastle 12.37pm. The train leaves GeordieLand at 1.15pm and gets into Sheffield at 2.25pm for a short walk up the hill to Hillsborough. You should be careful of the roadworks on the M1 though.

Obviously NTTDS can work out his own way for getting home. But I suspect it will involve "walking on air". :dunno:

Surely the forum are clubbing together to send NTTDS to Hillsborough for the free text service?

There's a direct flight to Newcastle leaving Bristol at 11.33am, arriving Newcastle 12.37pm. The train leaves GeordieLand at 1.15pm and gets into Sheffield at 2.25pm for a short walk up the hill to Hillsborough. You should be careful of the roadworks on the M1 though.

Obviously NTTDS can work out his own way for getting home. But I suspect it will involve "walking on air". :dunno:

How absurd.

He would be far better off getting a flight to Newcastle, picking up a connection to Amsterdam and then getting a KLM flight back to Sheffield Airport which, I believe I'm right in saying, is on the site of an ex-steelworks.

How absurd.

He would be far better off getting a flight to Newcastle, picking up a connection to Amsterdam and then getting a KLM flight back to Sheffield Airport which, I believe I'm right in saying, is on the site of an ex-steelworks.

Yes, I'd thought of that possibility. But you're forgetting that, for security reasons, KLM do not allow people to be photographed stood alongside their plane. Having said that, the air miles bonus is far better with KLM than British Rail.

Just out of interest if NTTDS is to travel by plane and train why should he be particularly careful of the M1 roadworks?

Or will this be the latest excuse from the train people as to why they are delayed? And to be honest more beliveable than the crap they normally come out with!!

Bloody hell....all is not well at the B&Q stadium! :dunno:

Some of the circuitry went haywire, but I guess we've had a lot of use out of it over recent years, so there is bound to be some wear and tear.

I assume the one at the Mem is still working ok.

Guest dez_gimred

subscribe to the city sms service...its sending updates!

but just incase I'm having my mum txt me every little detail from the qpr game!

she'll be outside AG with the car radio

:dunno:

Hmm, yeah that's really funny Tarquin.

Guest lydneyred

I am under orders to be watching SKy Sports News and send texts everytime the Sheff wed scoreline changes.

am hoping for the sake of my bank balance it's either one nil to wednesday or a nil nil!

Just out of interest if NTTDS is to travel by plane and train why should he be particularly careful of the M1 roadworks?

Or will this be the latest excuse from the train people as to why they are delayed? And to be honest more beliveable than the crap they normally come out with!!

It was just a general comment really. Along the lines of "Don't run around holding sharp knifes". I've decided to put a health-and-safety tip into all of my posts from now on.

Clunk-click, every trip.

It was just a general comment really. Along the lines of "Don't run around holding sharp knifes". I've decided to put a health-and-safety tip into all of my posts from now on.

Clunk-click, every trip.

Good show that man!!! Its nice to see someone on here taking the Health and Safety of all forum users seriously.

And remember - Only a Fool Breaks The Two Second Rule!

Spoke to Ali Durdan this morning. He is already for the game he has been sucking on his throat lozengers and gargling water (or is it sucking water gargling throat lozengers :dunno::laugh::laugh: ) :laugh::laugh: either way he is ready for the big kick off tomorrow.

Radio Bristol is the way to go. Rovers have nothing to play for so commentary is coming from Ashton Gate with updates from Hillsborough as soon as they happen, I'd imagine they will be far quicker than SMS messages from city or anyone.

Sky Sports are usually two minutes behind with goal flashes on Soccer Saturday, I often have the radio and TV on during Saturday away games I can't get to so its easy to see how far behind they are, so anyone getting texts from mates with Sky on at home are going to be 3 or so minutes behind, probably going to know before then from the general atmosphere around the ground!

For me its two eyes and one ear on the game and the other ear wired up to my tranny for tomorrow, going to be weird listening to match commentary as it happens in front of me!

Archived