IGNORED

Shearer Sizes Up Orr

chowie

Yesterday the Star reported that IF Shearer gets the Newcastle job, Bradley Orr would be a target.

The interesting part of the story is the following;

He claims he was a Shearer target when the ex-England hitman was weighing-up the odds of taking charge at another of his former clubs, Southampton.

The Daily Star Sunday exclusively revealed 10 months ago a consortium looking to buy the Saints were after Shearer as their boss.

So the first thing that crosses the mind is;

Is this the reason why Orr hesitated over a new contract? Was Shearer having a word in Bradley's ear about future plans?

It obviously did not happen (or necessarily true) but maybe Shearer (or more likely Dowie) is a Bradley Orr fan.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/8...r-sizes-up-Orr/

Guest DanC

Would be a huge shame if he were to leave. Shearer if he does take the job on would do well to sign players like Orr who wear there hearts on there sleeves and will always give 100%. I think we take Orr for granted really, He has his flaws but show me a player that doesn't. What Orr lacks in ability he sure makes up with the commitment and passion that he gives every time.

We've got Ribeiro who will be a much better player. Probably get a good offer for Orr seing as he signed his contract now. Question is, would he be willing to up sticks now?

Back to an old club, to sign for a local legend - I think that would be a 'yes'!

And to be fair, I don't think any of us could blame him if he did go.

Shearer has indeed been sizing Bradley Orr up. This is because Ashley has told Shearer they have to economize and can't afford any financial waste. They have discovered half a dozen brand new club suits in a black pin stripe and Ashley has told Shearer that they can't afford to buy any more so new players must be the right size for the suits.

Shearer has sized Orr at 38" chest, 32 waist and 32 inside leg and that he dresses to the left. As they only have 35 or 31 inside leg and 36 or 40 chest it looks like Bradders will be staying here.

Given that the Guardian reported today that Shearer is demanding £3m a year and £20m to spend I suspect the situation may not arise. The man who likes to brag about being the son of a sheet metal worker sure seems to have lost touch with reality. Back to the sofa and the beige sweater Alan. :badmood:

Archived