IGNORED

Palace Fined And Docked A Point

chowie

This seems crazy, Palace docked a point for fielding an illegal player, wow, what a difference that makes now. Should the same rule that applies to clubs going into administration be applied here too, i.e. if it does not affect this season it will be deducted next season. Or what if Palace had made the Playoffs, would they still have deducted the point at this stage, I doubt it.

http://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/sport/4...ned_over_Fonte/

Stockport got deducted 10 points - they didnt get relegated - they will only receive a further deduction if they come out of administration without a valid creditors voluntary agreement. You have not understood the rules of the football league i.e.

Should the same rule that applies to clubs going into administration be applied here too, i.e. if it does not affect this season it will be deducted next season.

is incorrect

Just to clarify the administration situation a bit more:

There are two parts of administration:

1. Going into administration: For going into administration there is a 10 point deduction which is deducted immediately unless it is done after a certain date in march.

If in march you have the chance of staying up then the decision is delayed until the end of the season -

If you are relegated due to performances then what is the point in a 10 point deduction - so they apply the 10 points the following season

If you managed to stay up but the 10 points would have relegated you then the 10 points is applied and you get relegated

If you managed to stay up and the 10 points doesnt make any difference then they are applied in the season just finished i.e. just like a 10 point deduction before march - i.e. like Stockport they could theoretically could have been relegated but as it was they were safe and the 10 points deducted.

2. Coming out of administration

- if you come out of administration with a CVA then no further penalty.

- if you come out of administration without a CVA then a further penalty is applied on top of the penalty for going into administration - the amount of points deducted is dependent on whether your club has done this before Rotherham 3? administration in last 5 years - so they got more than the 15 points that Leeds got deducted for coming out of administration without a CVA.

Finally there have been quite a few administrations recently and each has thrown up some quirks and as a result of those quirks the rules regarding administration have changed in the the last 3 or 4 years and so it is quite possible to remember one club who did this and that and received x points deduction and a similar administration got another club a different amount of points deduction.

Palace are VERY lucky. They have previous, just look at this list of offences:

- Appointed Neil Warnock as manager

- Have Simon Jordan as chairman

- Falsely called Shaun Derry a 'player' when they should have ticked the box 'thug'

That should be a 30 point deduction if ever there was one.

This seems crazy, Palace docked a point for fielding an illegal player, wow, what a difference that makes now. Should the same rule that applies to clubs going into administration be applied here too, i.e. if it does not affect this season it will be deducted next season. Or what if Palace had made the Playoffs, would they still have deducted the point at this stage, I doubt it.

http://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/sport/4...ned_over_Fonte/

The path of the righteous Bristol City supporter is beset on all sides by the iniquities of some other clubs and the crass tyranny of some football referees. Blessed is he who in the name of BCFC once again playing top flight football shepherds the weak through the valley of the lower divisions, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.

Anyway, will this lot escape prison? - because we most certainly wouldn't for the same offences !!!!!...... :innocent06: ........

benefitthieves1.jpg

I think the admin rule is daft personally, stockport waited till they were safe and then went into administration what is the point of the cut off point if you can do that. Thought that was going to be stopped after i think wrexham did it last year i think 10 mins before end of game due to them knowing they were down.

Surely if after the deadline you go into admin then carry over till next season this seems a fairer way, if not surely all teams in midtable could go into admin and not be punished i.e next year or relegated

Archived