IGNORED

Scott Murray And His Future

Mr Popodopolous

I thought this season was his swansong, and the game v Sheff Wed his finale.

Yet Wikipedia still seems to list him as part of the squad- is he staying or off/retiring?

hes going to probably cheltenham or exeter and has a coaching job with us when he retires from professional football in one or two years time

Right, so assuming he won't play for us after the season just gone, that is 6 out so far this summer. Also assuming one of Trundle and Adebola go, perhaps even both, and the depth suddenly is not looking too clever.

johnson isnt stupid he wouldn't have fired out all those players without having replacements lined up

the transfer window doesn't officially open till july but from today clubs can start to sign players on pre contracts and send them to the fa to be processed in time for the 1st of july window so watch this space

johnson isnt stupid he wouldn't have fired out all those players without having replacements lined up

the transfer window doesn't officially open till july but from today clubs can start to sign players on pre contracts and send them to the fa to be processed in time for the 1st of july window so watch this space

That is incorrect:-

The Transfer window will re-commence at midnight on the last day of the season (which this year is Saturday 15th May) and shall close at 5.00pm on 31st August

Source: FA.com

The Transfer window will re-commence at midnight on the last day of the season (which this year is Saturday 15th May) and shall close at 5.00pm on 31st August

If this is correct, let the signings begin as of now, so the supporters can relax and have a good summer.

don't need last minute rush signings! Get the cheque book out.

Right, so assuming he won't play for us after the season just gone, that is 6 out so far this summer. Also assuming one of Trundle and Adebola go, perhaps even both, and the depth suddenly is not looking too clever.

To counter the loss of old or surplus players we have 8 or more 19-21 year olds on contract, signed, on the wage bill and ready to play.

James Wilson, Ribiero, Artus, Henderson, Akinde, Plummer, Stambolsiev and Marlon King [?]. Perhaps GJ and SL are willing to give our younger players a chance. They have earned contracts, are being paid wages and must be worth a chance instead of journeymen and 30+ year olds.

I cant see players like James Wilson hanging around much longer, with contracts being offered to Izzy and City linked to other center backs. Reserves and loan outs only have a limited appeal.

Bizarre.

From the BBC:

The transfer window is now closed for signings for the remainder of the season.

Premier League, Football League and Scottish Premier League clubs cannot sign any players, on loan or full transfers, until the transfer window ahead of the 2009/10 season opens on 1 July.

Outside of the transfer windows, any club may still sign players on an emergency basis (such as if they had no goalkeepers available) with the permission of their competition's governing body, such as the Premier League.

Players who are out of contract and do not have a club, can be signed outside of the transfer window if they are unattached free agents when the window closes.

Bizarre.

From the BBC:

Premier League, Football League and Scottish Premier League clubs cannot sign any players, on loan or full transfers, until the transfer window ahead of the 2009/10 season opens on 1 July.

Outside of the transfer windows, any club may still sign players on an emergency basis (such as if they had no goalkeepers available) with the permission of their competition's governing body, such as the Premier League.

Players who are out of contract and do not have a club, can be signed outside of the transfer window if they are unattached free agents when the window closes.

You're right Edson (and I have used the above when countering Arguments before)- but so could Havantopia......

link - http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/WhoWeAre/Contac...2004/27097.aspx

The only thing I would say about the Fa's link (above) is that it is from 2004 - so regulations may have changed???

Also of note is on the BBC transfers for June - they have asterixs saying to be completed on 1st July (so bloody confusing)

To counter the loss of old or surplus players we have 8 or more 19-21 year olds on contract, signed, on the wage bill and ready to play.

James Wilson, Ribiero, Artus, Henderson, Akinde, Plummer, Stambolsiev and Marlon King [?]. Perhaps GJ and SL are willing to give our younger players a chance. They have earned contracts, are being paid wages and must be worth a chance instead of journeymen and 30+ year olds.

I cant see players like James Wilson hanging around much longer, with contracts being offered to Izzy and City linked to other center backs. Reserves and loan outs only have a limited appeal.

Jackson.

I agree in the case of the two defenders J.Wilson and Ribeiro, now is the time to include them in the 16, Stephen Henderson will be in it anyway after Weale's move and Akinde's chances must improve with every striker departure.

Artus is a possible, but Plummer for me is still a million miles away from a league player, let alone a Championship one, whilst the Aussie Stambolsiev could be the surprise breakthrough next year, wide left is a position we've never seemed to have natural cover in and this lad can score goals, too......

Bizarre.

From the BBC:

thats what i read god knows whats going on ???????????????

You're right Edson (and I have used the above when countering Arguments before)- but so could Havantopia......

link - http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/WhoWeAre/Contac...2004/27097.aspx

The only thing I would say about the Fa's link (above) is that it is from 2004 - so regulations may have changed???

Also of note is on the BBC transfers for June - they have asterixs saying to be completed on 1st July (so bloody confusing)

I did a google search: transfer window etc and the first link was the FA web site. i found no other page on their site to conflict with this info. More to the point, if this is from 2004 and out of date it suggests the FA are hopelessly inefficient. I am not saying they are of course.

On balance, i would rather trust the info from the horses mouth [FA] rather than a media platform even if it is the BBC.

Jackson.

I agree in the case of the two defenders J.Wilson and Ribeiro, now is the time to include them in the 16, Stephen Henderson will be in it anyway after Weale's move and Akinde's chances must improve with every striker departure.

Artus is a possible, but Plummer for me is still a million miles away from a league player, let alone a Championship one, whilst the Aussie Stambolsiev could be the surprise breakthrough next year, wide left is a position we've never seemed to have natural cover in and this lad can score goals, too......

Thanks for the Jackson, Graham. I was having a 4 hourly medication and was too lazy to check the main site.

Agree about Plummer, did nothing on loan and did not seriously impress in reserves. Artus, I believe is 21 in September and has to make a serious challenge next season. Stambolsiev is very determined and should have McIndoe firmly in his sights. Currently back downunder, he scored 2 for the Aussie under 21's I believe. Marlon Jackson has a great scoring record and GJ took him away with the squad at the end of the season.

There is a thread about Orr's possible departure, Ribiero is barely mentioned as a replacement and it should be remembered that James Wilson can likewise play right back as well as centerback. Given that Ribiero and James Wilson have gone through the Academy together, they should have a good understanding for the times ahead. Its possible that they might even play together in the upcoming season.......here's hoping on that one !

Archived