IGNORED

Fabian Boll

chowie

Looks like we almost signed this guy from FC St Pauli in Germany

Looks like he had an achilles tendon problem which prevented the move, well thats my best guess anyway.

Anyone speak German? to confirm this...

http://archiv.mopo.de/archiv/2009/20090523...land_traum.html

He waives England dream

BUTTJE ROSENFELD

Fabian Boll Sehnsüchtig stood in the last few days at the training ground and looked to his colleagues. To mitgemischt he would have liked, he would be happy to tomorrow's season finale against FSV Frankfurt with it. Does not work, his Achilles tendon prevented das Below suffers "Boller". Because he is heart and soul of St. Paulianer. So much that he even abandoned his greatest dream: The 29-year-old midfield strategist said out of love for the neighborhood, the English second division club Bristol City from!

Upon request, the Commissioner of kick the offer to him for months from the mother country of football had taken: "Somehow, I would have gladly done. For the English football has always irritated me." With his future wife Alexandra, he had already agreed: "It would be the three years remained in Hamburg, which had everything we hingekriegt."

But "his" St. Pauli but it was too much at heart. And when he offered the club now, prematurely to extend to 2011, he took on. Riches, he as a player from their own offspring still do not deserve field. Yet he is pleased that he will continue to be in brown and white chase the ball is.

His coach Holger Stanislawski is happy: "Boller is an absolute service provider." Staniforth has also a lot of success to show for. 8 Table space he has, despite his absence due to a permanent coach training in Cologne hingekriegt.

The Schufterei was worth it. Yesterday, the 39-year-old his touch. Staniforth finished with 1.3 as the best course from! Tomorrow, he must, moreover pull together again. Because he is in the season against Hoffenheim because of discarding his jacket on the podium had been banished, he was sentenced to a suspended sentence. The runs until the final whistle against Frankfurt.

Ressort: sport

He waives England dream

BUTTJE ROSENFELD

Fabian Boll Sehnsüchtig stood in the last few days at the training ground and looked to his colleagues. To mitgemischt he would have liked, he would be happy to tomorrow's season finale against FSV Frankfurt with it. Does not work, his Achilles tendon prevented das Below suffers "Boller". Because he is heart and soul of St. Paulianer. So much that he even abandoned his greatest dream: The 29-year-old midfield strategist said out of love for the neighborhood, the English second division club Bristol City from!

Upon request, the Commissioner of kick the offer to him for months from the mother country of football had taken: "Somehow, I would have gladly done. For the English football has always irritated me." With his future wife Alexandra, he had already agreed: "It would be the three years remained in Hamburg, which had everything we hingekriegt."

But "his" St. Pauli but it was too much at heart. And when he offered the club now, prematurely to extend to 2011, he took on. Riches, he as a player from their own offspring still do not deserve field. Yet he is pleased that he will continue to be in brown and white chase the ball is.

His coach Holger Stanislawski is happy: "Boller is an absolute service provider." Staniforth has also a lot of success to show for. 8 Table space he has, despite his absence due to a permanent coach training in Cologne hingekriegt.

The Schufterei was worth it. Yesterday, the 39-year-old his touch. Staniforth finished with 1.3 as the best course from! Tomorrow, he must, moreover pull together again. Because he is in the season against Hoffenheim because of discarding his jacket on the podium had been banished, he was sentenced to a suspended sentence. The runs until the final whistle against Frankfurt.

Ressort: sport

I got that from Google but was hoping for a human translation.

It seems yes we did put an offer in for him, he then signed a extended contract to stay with FC St Pauli.

The contract between Fabian Boll and FC St. Pauli has prematurely extended for another year. The original contract dated to 2010 is now valid until summer 2011.

Fabian Boll As a performance-makers in the team, I am very glad that the FC St. Pauli him for another year could bind itself.

Fabian Boll had an offer from the English second division Bristol City are available. Despite his desire to one day in England, the motherland of football, to play, has his heart in it for the FC St. Pauli decided to Him as early contract extension was offered.

it says he turned down the chance to move because of his love for st. pauli

the achilles injury was the reason he couldn't play in their last game of the season

it says also that the offer has been on the table for months, but he decided to take up the offer of a new contract with st. pauli

it says he turned down the chance to move because of his love for st. pauli

the achilles injury was the reason he couldn't play in their last game of the season

it says also that the offer has been on the table for months, but he decided to take up the offer of a new contract with st. pauli

Thanks, looks like he's a defensive midfielder, interesting.

That didn't translate very well, did it!

he was talking about english football in general - like it was always a fascination for him, but in the end he is settled in hamburg and took the contract they offered him. he basically said he could have taken the deal, and had nothing against coming here, but was happy where he was.

must confess i don't know anything about the guy, but it's good city are looking at the 2. and 3. bundesliga in germany since there's some talent to be had there

• SC&T Board Members

It says (freely translated - but by a human not a computer):

Boll forgoes English dream

By Buttje Rosenfeld

(23rd May 2009 - Hamburg Morning Post)

Over the last few days, Fabian Boll has stood at the side of the training pitch longing to take part, as he watched his team-mates go through their paces. He would dearly have loved to been involved, dearly loved to have played in the season's final game tomorrow against FSV Frankfurt. But it wasn't to be, his hamstring made it impossible. And that was a heavy burden for "Boller" to bear, for he's a St. Pauli man through and through. So much so, that he has even turned down the chance to realise his greatest dream: out of love for the cult neighbourhood club the 29-year-old midfield maestro has turned down a move to English second tier club Bristol City!

When asked, the clever playmaker confirmed that he'd had an offer on the table from the club for months: "In many ways I would have loved to have done it, for English football has always attracted me," he said. He had already squared things with wife-to-be Alexandra: "She would have stayed in Hamburg for the three years. We'd have managed all of that."

However, "his" St. Pauli was in the end too close to his heart. And when the club recently offered ahead of schedule to extend his contract until 2011, he accepted. As a player who has come up through the club's own youth system, he will still not be earning a fortune. Nevertheless, he is glad that he will be able to continue to play in brown and white in the future.

His manager Holger Stanislavski is happy: "Boller is a really top player." .... [and the rest is all about the manager and getting his coaching badges].

It's a shithole?

:winner_third_h4h:

Has some rather nice Georgian buildings and one particularly attractive square though. its a shame it has a few unsavouries.

I assume from the two comprehensive translations in this thread that the words 'english football has always attracted me' is somewhat more accurate than the earlier '...always irritated me'. Although it might further explain his desire to stay in Germania.

• SC&T Board Members
Has some rather nice Georgian buildings and one particularly attractive square though. its a shame it has a few unsavouries.

I assume from the two comprehensive translations in this thread that the words 'english football has always attracted me' is somewhat more accurate than the earlier '...always irritated me'. Although it might further explain his desire to stay in Germania.

Jawohl!

The verb 'reizen' (gereizt is the past participle) can mean - depending on context - to appeal to, to allure, to stimulate, to excite, to irritate, to annoy, to anger, to antagonise, to provoke etc., which is why you need humans to do translations, not computers, as the latter are unable to recognise the context and thus to choose the most appropriate option from all of the possible ones.

This guy is 30 this month and has only played 150-odd games in pro football, so I'm not sure he'd have been such a great catch. However, as someone else said, it's nice to see that we are looking at Germany (there was the guy Grote last year, as well), as the players there are technically very good and the finances - particularly in the 2nd division - are such that transfer fees and wages ought to be well within our reach.

Archived