IGNORED

Martinez Whoring Himself About The Prem

garlicbread

It's peanuts for a Prem club if they think he's good enough.

Bruce is an idiot though.

A idiot for finding gems and then his club selling them on?...Sunderland will have bigger funds either way the spine of the wigan team will be gone once valencia has gone from the amazing start they had. At sunderland he'll at least get bigger funds and more chance of keeping the players baring in mind of Sunderlands finace.

Unless your refering to him not being that loyal to a club then I agree.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...oots-Wigan.html

So Martinez has had two good seasons, and is publicly hawking himself around the tabloids for a bigger job.

If I was a Jack I'd be very pi$$ed off - continuity of management is crucial for a small club to do well in this league and I fear for them if he goes. I can only begin to imagine what the reaction on here would be if Johnson did the same.

How great it is to finally find a long term manager to add loyalty and continuity to the cause to help SL steadily build this club back up again after 30 years of dross? Well done Gary

I am a Bristol city supporter and a Jack.

Martinez is a top manager who also has a proven history as a class player.

His style of play which he hasd brought to the Swans is a joy to watch, He develops players both young and old and has been a huge part in the rise of the Swansea club.

How on earth anyone can point a finger and critise him is beyond me.

A idiot for finding gems and then his club selling them on?...Sunderland will have bigger funds either way the spine of the wigan team will be gone once valencia has gone from the amazing start they had. At sunderland he'll at least get bigger funds and more chance of keeping the players baring in mind of Sunderlands finace.

Unless your refering to him not being that loyal to a club then I agree.

Every time Bruce is interviewed he blames the ref for everything, makes crap excuses and generally gives the impression that he hasn't got a clue what just happened. He might have an eye for a player but a good manager he is not.

Guest MaloneFM

JOHNSON TO WATFORD!

Just getting in before anyone else does it. He was in charge of the youth team set up there.

I just hope I'm not right on this one.... :fingerscrossed:

I am a Bristol city supporter and a Jack.

Martinez is a top manager who also has a proven history as a class player.

His style of play which he hasd brought to the Swans is a joy to watch, He develops players both young and old and has been a huge part in the rise of the Swansea club.

How on earth anyone can point a finger and critise him is beyond me.

I don't think anybody is critiscing his credentials.

Put it this way, if stories came out with Johnson wanting a move, I would want him away from the club asap...and I would be pointing the finger big style

I wish more chairmen were stronger and made contracts run - for both managers and players.

I'm always hearing lines like "we wouldn't want to stand in his way" etc. Why not, isn't that what a contract is for?

If a manager (or player) has a contract without get-out clauses then that should be the end of it. "Sorry mate, but you signed a contract with us, now get on with it and do your job. The club is bigger than you are and we're not in the habit of promoting your career above that of club success."

If Swansea want to keep him (and their contract says they can kepp him) then Martinez should be disciplined. He's hardly going to chuck his toys out of the pram and start being a crap manager to spite them - that really would put an end to his longer term hopes.

Very well said i agree with you one hundred % i'm gutted he has decided to move to Wigan after saying that "he is not going anywhere as he as started a project and he wants to finish it!" yeah right! the question is now how many players is he going to take with him because i can guarantee he'll take the backroom staff! oh well like they say money talks!! oh well at least we know where his loyalties lie now!

Very well said i agree with you one hundred % i'm gutted he has decided to move to Wigan after saying that "he is not going anywhere as he as started a project and he wants to finish it!" yeah right! the question is now how many players is he going to take with him because i can guarantee he'll take the backroom staff! oh well like they say money talks!! oh well at least we know where his loyalties lie now!

Well Scotland will go for a start, having said he wanted to leave before the season even finished. Great loyalty to the club that rescued his career. :disapointed2se:

I think its a sad state of affairs that Gary Jonhson doesnt get offers flooding in, not just because I would like you to appoint Bryan Robson, but because it means chairman just look at the name. Zola, Southgate, no experience. Giving them jobs is rediculous (okay so Zola has done alright for 2/3 a season). Look at Everton, they sign someone who has got the job done somewhere else (Moyes) and he turns out to be fantastic, what a suprise.

Steve Bruce, what a loyal man he is. Jewell in the frame for Wigan. Doesn't their chairman see he is being taken for a mug when managers use him to get back on track before hopping off somewhere else?

Put it this way, if stories came out with Johnson wanting a move, I would want him away from the club asap...and I would be pointing the finger big style

That's why a 5 year contract is a one sided arrangement and stupid.

If GJ said he wanted to go, SL wouldn't want to keep him.

SL would demand compensation but wouldn't dig in for a sum of money that meant he sent the other club away and he was left with someone who'd shafted him.

If Wigan or Celtic had come in for GJ I wouldn't have blamed him for trying to further his career and earn better money at this relatively late stage though to be honest.

That's why a 5 year contract is a one sided arrangement and stupid.

If GJ said he wanted to go, SL wouldn't want to keep him.

SL would demand compensation but wouldn't dig in for a sum of money that meant he sent the other club away and he was left with someone who'd shafted him.

If Wigan or Celtic had come in for GJ I wouldn't have blamed him for trying to further his career and earn better money at this relatively late stage though to be honest.

I don't agree (I never do!!) - I suspect the length of O/S contract has a direct impact on the level of compensation. Don't get me wrong if a Prem club came in for Johnson, he'd be gone like a shot - however a 5 year contract from a chairman he clearly enjoys a good relationship with, I think is a good thing.

Guest DanC
I think its a sad state of affairs that Gary Jonhson doesnt get offers flooding in, not just because I would like you to appoint Bryan Robson, but because it means chairman just look at the name. Zola, Southgate, no experience. Giving them jobs is rediculous (okay so Zola has done alright for 2/3 a season). Look at Everton, they sign someone who has got the job done somewhere else (Moyes) and he turns out to be fantastic, what a suprise.

Steve Bruce, what a loyal man he is. Jewell in the frame for Wigan. Doesn't their chairman see he is being taken for a mug when managers use him to get back on track before hopping off somewhere else?

Because who would seriously want to stay at Wigan for a prolonged period of time? The sooner they return to the lower leagues the better.

Don't get me wrong if a Prem club came in for Johnson, he'd be gone like a shot - however a 5 year contract from a chairman he clearly enjoys a good relationship with, I think is a good thing.

A good thing for GJ but one sided nevertheless !

A good thing for GJ but one sided nevertheless !

A good thing for the club too - the longer he has left on his contract, the more compensation we could demand. & as I said getting a long contract from a chairman he gets on well with is likely to engender more loyalty.

It goes without saying that pretty much all contracts in football work more for the employee (player or manager) than they do for the employer.

It goes without saying that pretty much all contracts in football work more for the employee (player or manager) than they do for the employer.

You're right there!

I really hope the length of contract works for both parties though.

Hi all, swans fan here.

Those quotes in the daily mail weren't said by the 'judas' but then again none of us believe what he says anymore. He signed a 5 year contract last year and had 4 years left on it. Most swans fans would wish him well but the fact that he kept going on about loyalty of players (Andy Robinson, Paul Anderson and Trundle) he has done exactly the same as them. The fans liked Trundle and we even offered the same wages that he'd be on with you but he went to play championship football and you can't deny him that. I know RM (I can't bare to say his name) has gone to a prem club but WIGAN? (i know he played for them but still they are not that a big club) Their attendances are really low and they only have money from a business otherwise they'd be in the lower leagues. If Martinez had come out from the start and said that he was only using us as a stepping stone in his career then people wouldn't be so bitter and stuff. The fact that he came out and questioned players loyalty about playing for this club and he even stated a few weeks back that he wanted to take us to the prem is what everyone is aggrieved about. Hes also left us with no 1st choice goalkeeper, lots of out of contract players who don't know where their future lies. At Wigan hes meant to be on £2 million. This is a harsh lesson we've learnt that there is no loyalty in football and money always sways a player.

By the way sorry for the long post but i now feel i have everything off my chest and hope we overtake Wigan next year.

Look forward to playing you next season :)

Hi all, swans fan here.

Those quotes in the daily mail weren't said by the 'judas' but then again none of us believe what he says anymore. He signed a 5 year contract last year and had 4 years left on it. Most swans fans would wish him well but the fact that he kept going on about loyalty of players (Andy Robinson, Paul Anderson and Trundle) he has done exactly the same as them. The fans liked Trundle and we even offered the same wages that he'd be on with you but he went to play championship football and you can't deny him that. I know RM (I can't bare to say his name) has gone to a prem club but WIGAN? (i know he played for them but still they are not that a big club) Their attendances are really low and they only have money from a business otherwise they'd be in the lower leagues. If Martinez had come out from the start and said that he was only using us as a stepping stone in his career then people wouldn't be so bitter and stuff. The fact that he came out and questioned players loyalty about playing for this club and he even stated a few weeks back that he wanted to take us to the prem is what everyone is aggrieved about. Hes also left us with no 1st choice goalkeeper, lots of out of contract players who don't know where their future lies. At Wigan hes meant to be on £2 million. This is a harsh lesson we've learnt that there is no loyalty in football and money always sways a player.

By the way sorry for the long post but i now feel i have everything off my chest and hope we overtake Wigan next year.

Swans fan, the reality is, with a few (very few) exceptions the only loyalty in footy comes from us fans. I can understand you're p'd right off now, but look how far Martinez has taken you. When a manager leaves us I ask myself "are we better or worse now, than when they joined". If the answer is better, you can hardly complain. Yes he had a 5 year contract, however if you were bottom of the league come Nov, how many Swans fans would be suggesting that the club honour the contract ??

Its tough, but just the way it is. I know Gary Speed's been touted, but what chance Paul Ince taking over ??

Swans fan, the reality is, with a few (very few) exceptions the only loyalty in footy comes from us fans. I can understand you're p'd right off now, but look how far Martinez has taken you. When a manager leaves us I ask myself "are we better or worse now, than when they joined". If the answer is better, you can hardly complain. Yes he had a 5 year contract, however if you were bottom of the league come Nov, how many Swans fans would be suggesting that the club honour the contract ??

Its tough, but just the way it is. I know Gary Speed's been touted, but what chance Paul Ince taking over ??

Yes and thats the lesson that most fans have learnt these last few days. Yes I'm not denying hes done a good job for us but i've lost all the respect i had for him and if it wasn't for us, he may not have even become a manager when he did!!

Nah i wouldn't want Paul Ince. As long as we don't go back to playing hoofball then i don't really mind. Whoever comes in though i think would really have to win the fans over. We are all hurting and we can never forgive RM for what he did to us.

Hi all, swans fan here.

Good post! one thing for sure is the only loyal people at football club are the FANS and one good thing is Huw Jenkins is one of them!!

Archived