IGNORED

Darren Ferguson

Mr Popodopolous

Read today that Peterborough turned down an approach from Reading for him. He has also been linked with Wigan.

What does he have that Johnson doesn't? I'm baffled, manager for 5 minutes and linked with Reading and Wigan. :noexpression:

must admit i thought the same about martinez. but as long as they stay clear of gary then long may it continue

Age is a massive factor, Martinez and Ferguson are both in there first managerial jobs and have done very well with little experience, this tempts a lot of clubs..

Also i think Johnsons lower league roots may put a few of the bigger clubs off to be honest.

Guest DanC

Darren Ferguson has done a great job at pboro but before deciding his next move he needs to look at the example set by Paul Ince. If things go bad at Pboro next season(Which I don't think they will, Top 10 easily) then he would still be in a job there. If he went to Reading and things went bad there he would be out of a job with him having to rebuild his reputation.

Why are people so keen for Johnson to be linked with jobs? Isn't it a good thing that he isn't being linked with jobs?

If any Chairmen watched the style of football we played last season then, notwithstanding the fantastic job GJ has done for us, is it any surprise they are not showing massive interest in him? I appreciate that football is a results driven business but how many people would really employ a manager team whose primary tactic in recent times seems to be to obtain a 1-0 lead and hold on for dear life.

If GJ himself really wants a cushy, well paid Premier League job (perhaps he doesn't and is happy to stay with us) then this is the season he needs to show people that his teams can play proper football AND get results in the higher leagues on a reasonably regular basis. You never know, a combination of the two might see him get to the Premier League.........with us!!!

Because that particular poster talks bollox irrespective of his poor spelling.

So because you don't agree with his posts, it is acceptable to take the piss out of him?

What a wonderful open minded forum this is. :disapointed2se:

Name name name, yet again its all about the name. He has done well at Peterbrough, but he had the money to bankroll it.

As I said in another thread, its a rediculous but unsuprising in todays game that clubs such as Middlesborough, Newcastle, Sunderland, Wigan, Reading, aren't all clammering for GJ.

Name name name, yet again its all about the name. He has done well at Peterbrough, but he had the money to bankroll it.

As I said in another thread, its a rediculous but unsuprising in todays game that clubs such as Middlesborough, Newcastle, Sunderland, Wigan, Reading, aren't all clammering for GJ.

and long may gj keep getting over looked for those sort of jobs he will be managing bristol city in the Premier League soon with a brand new 30k stadium

And how do we know we have never been approached. Plus it depends on the manager. Everyone seems to forget that Bristol is the one muvver of a sleeping giant. We have a new, potentially 42 k ground being built, and anyone who knows anything will tell you that the person who gets our city on the map will be looked at for the big big jobs. GJ will not leave for anything but a huge job. With respect to Wigan and Reading, what we are trying to do here is far far bigger. If West Ham came for him though might be game over, but in the current climate of fashionable 'overseas' managers or ex super star players, an English manager is often overlooked for the biggies. Still with Watford, Swansea and probably WBA after a new manager, Steve Coppel will be back soon. GJ given time by all, will build a very very big football club in Bristol, and we can all do well to remember that patience is a virtue. By the time our stadium is ready, we will be in the Prem, and I would be very surprised if (as a 32k stadium) we were not sold out for the season. There that sets a target. I also think, even at 42 k, we would have high 30's avergae with sell outs for half our home games. When Bristol takes off it will surprise many, including dare I say it, our own fans ....... So , why the hell would GJ go anywhere. For me, I would be happy to see him here in 10 years. Fed up of change, like what he can do, beleive he can improve and learn with all of us, and that I think this summer we will see. This summer is his second rebuilding of our team since he arrived, and he will be backed very well , considering we are a non Prem parachute club member. Why with all of that, would he look at other clubsa, and I think other chairman know that too, hence his name is not suggested for certain roles.

I like it, I like it a lot! :clapping:

Archived