IGNORED

A Plot Against Gordon Brown Amonst Mp's

Barrs Court Red

If this will develope we shall, BUT if Brown is kicked out, is it right that the 2nd PM in a row will be unelected by the people?

The way things are going, the next Prime Minister will be decided by the Daily Telegraph - i.e. who they will /will not decide to did up expenses allegations against. :innocent06: Whoever is Prime Minister - whether Tory or Labour - will be crippled by problems brought about by our European Union membership. A lot of people are thoroughly sick of Gordon Brown for promising a referendum on the European Union and not giving it. Then he managed to alienate many Labour voters by cavorting with Margaret Thatcher outside 10 Downing Street - the man is a disaster for the lawyer/lecturer ridden Labour Party. :rofl2br:

There'll be an election if another couple in the cabinet go because it will become apparent to the party that it doesn't matter whether they hold it now or later, they will get reamed either way, so they may as well clear the decks and start rebuilding. Brown is dead in the water but then he always was having the same level of charisma as an asperger's suffering walrus with halitosis

God only knows what damage the slimy tory muppets will manage in the mean time, but at least it will be a different kind of damage. Perhaps they'll cut back the state a bit, probably cut the wrong parts though.

There'll be an election if another couple in the cabinet go because it will become apparent to the party that it doesn't matter whether they hold it now or later, they will get reamed either way, so they may as well clear the decks and start rebuilding. Brown is dead in the water but then he always was having the same level of charisma as an asperger's suffering walrus with halitosis

God only knows what damage the slimy tory muppets will manage in the mean time, but at least it will be a different kind of damage. Perhaps they'll cut back the state a bit, probably cut the wrong parts though.

I'd cut the right parts - the Labour and Tory Party Toffs will be kissing goodbye to the gravey train that is the House of Lords. :winner_third_h4h::englandsmile4wf:

The likes of: Lord Kinnock, Lady Thatcher, Lord Mandelsohn will be kissing goodbye to their titles and entitlements at taxpayers' (our) expense. :dancing6:

I'd cut the right parts - the Labour and Tory Party Toffs will be kissing goodbye to the gravey train that is the House of Lords. :winner_third_h4h::englandsmile4wf:

The likes of: Lord Kinnock, Lady Thatcher, Lord Mandelsohn will be kissing goodbye to their titles and entitlements at taxpayers' (our) expense. :dancing6:

Most of them are loaded anyway and it doesn't cost much. I'd like an elected upper house that is where the more executive power is exercised so that the commons becomes more focused on open debate and proposal, but killing off the Lords willy nilly as you suggest would be a stupid grand standing gesture that removes an important legislative brake.

When it comes to cutting the state burden imposed on the taxpayer, it's the umpteen middle management layers in the nhs, accountants in education and the various whitehall think tanks that keep shitting out government targets, stupid advertising campaigns, politically correct guff and paperwork for police to do that need to go.

Most of them are loaded anyway and it doesn't cost much. I'd like an elected upper house that is where the more executive power is exercised so that the commons becomes more focused on open debate and proposal, but killing off the Lords willy nilly as you suggest would be a stupid grand standing gesture that removes an important legislative brake.

When it comes to cutting the state burden imposed on the taxpayer, it's the umpteen middle management layers in the nhs, accountants in education and the various whitehall think tanks that keep shitting out government targets, stupid advertising campaigns, politically correct guff and paperwork for police to do that need to go.

I agree with you, let's have an elected upper house.

Archived