IGNORED

Florida Car Hire

Pickle Rick

Myself and a small party are going to Florida in a few weeks and we're struggling to find a good deal to get a loan for the two week duration as we're under 25!!

Does anyone have any help to throw my way on good, cheap deals for under 25's?

:fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

I went there a few weeks ago, Enterprise are the cheapest for the u25 drivers fee; but it still means that it comes in at around $44/day

All I can suggest is make sure you book it on a credit card which gives car rental insurance with it, otherwise you're looking another $22 a day, or a potentially big fee if you get a scratch or worse

I was lucky enough to find that with national I could get a corporate discount, where the minimum age is just 21, there isn't an underage fee; useful if one of you has a job, I imagine its in most companys corporate perks

If not, I was never asked for any ID that I worked for the company, if you can get your hands on a code, it might be worth the risk; even if it goes wrong, just walk away and book with someone else

Myself and a small party are going to Florida in a few weeks and we're struggling to find a good deal to get a loan for the two week duration as we're under 25!!

Does anyone have any help to throw my way on good, cheap deals for under 25's?

:fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

Use Holiday Auto's via Quidco and you get £12 for doing so.

The real problem for you is that you are under 25. They charge drivers $20 a day or summit for the pleasure.

Could you hire one for a week and get public transport (which is very good over there) for the other week?

Use Holiday Auto's via Quidco and you get £12 for doing so.

The real problem for you is that you are under 25. They charge drivers $20 a day or summit for the pleasure.

Could you hire one for a week and get public transport (which is very good over there) for the other week?

http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?t=301511

For enterprise there appear to be a number of links you can follow, or codes you can use that would wave the u25 fee, if you happen to be a member of the universities or organizations.

I'm sure however that people use the codes on the codes without being technically allowed to. When I used my companies code, there weren't any checks. I couldn't possibly condone such behaviour however

Cheers guys.

I've found uscarhire to have good rates for under 25's.

I've found that I can get a intermediate 2 door for two weeks at £373 all in. And that price includes the daily surcharge, so no extra rates!

Thought it would be good to share that info!

Just a tip, nasty ganstas and crims in Florida target hire cars, ensure yours has no evidence to suggest you are a tourist, like a massive sticker of your hire company for instance.

This is not a wind up, people get mugged and car-jacked every day in Florida because of this.

Just a tip, nasty ganstas and crims in Florida target hire cars, ensure yours has no evidence to suggest you are a tourist, like a massive sticker of your hire company for instance.

This is not a wind up, people get mugged and car-jacked every day in Florida because of this.

Have hired a fair few cars in Florida over the past 10 years or so: none of them had have stickers, reg-plates etc that marked them out as rentals: I think the rental companies have cottoned on to this. Your experience might differ.

As such, don't then make the Terry F-Wit mistake of leaving the rental documents in view in the car.

In addition, common sense means don't leave valuables in plain view: I know 2 people who, in the past couple of years, lost passports from rental cars in Miami because they left bags on the back seat, and the cars got broken into.

Archived