IGNORED

4 Bids

Rich

G J qouted at the end of the season that we had 4 bids in for players, I wonder what has happened to them?

Is it possible that some of those bids were to existing players like Dele, Rob the aus and weale.

Your thoughts please.

G J qouted at the end of the season that we had 4 bids in for players, I wonder what has happened to them?

Is it possible that some of those bids were to existing players like Dele, Rob the aus and weale.

Your thoughts please.

Nope - they are for four externals. Probably:

1. Central striker

2. Central midfielder

3. wide midfielder

4. utility defender

I will be astounded if we don't start next season with a new right winger and a new striker

Other positions could do with competition but those are the only two that everyone agrees need addressing.

I think that the 4 bids were

1. Moxey - looks like derby in poll position now

2. Peltier - gone quiet, perhaps we are just lining him up in case marv goes, think posh were also interested

3. Boll - player rejected us

4. ?

I know he has got a bit of a reputation as an arse but i see donny rovers chairman talking up a possible deal for beckford today. I think if he is in a price range they can afford, and they think they could attract him, its fair to say that we could too. And if that is the case you would like to think we would at least get him down for the 'GJ interview' to judge him firsthand instead of dismissing him as trouble immediately. If he fails that then by all means leave him well alone.

Also i get the feeling that lack of any real links with a striker might mean that perhaps Gary is looking extra hard before he commits another chunk of transfer funds to that position knowing he needs to get it right this time. Perhaps currently he is just trying to add some cheap competition to the squad with the likes of the players above, before he looks to spend big(ish) on the most important positions.

Archived