IGNORED

Mark Hudson

Scrumpty

Palace so happy to get rid of him....NOooooooooooooooo!
The season we beat them in the play offs I thought he was one of their best players so was very suprised to see him go to Charlton where things went very much tits up. No better than Fontaine and Carey in my opinion. I think it's fair to say though we need to improve the qulity of our squad in defence as McCoombe had one of his poorest seasons last year and towards the end of the season the amount of goals lwe let in when he failed to beat his player to the near post was embarrasing

He hasn't been released. He has another 2 years left on his contract so would command a fee (hence my 'worth a bid?' comment).

However, he's on championship wages at a League 1 club, so I doubt that CAFC's demands would be astronomical.

Great experience, excellent leader, right age. Is he any better than Carey? Possibly not, but his best years are ahead of him and he'll give our squad greater depth with McCombe leaves.

He hasn't been released. He has another 2 years left on his contract so would command a fee (hence my 'worth a bid?' comment).

However, he's on championship wages at a League 1 club, so I doubt that CAFC's demands would be astronomical.

Great experience, excellent leader, right age. Is he any better than Carey? Possibly not, but his best years are ahead of him and he'll give our squad greater depth with McCombe leaves.

Got ya! Just appeared the same time that the other Hudson was being released!

If McCombe and Izzy aren't here next season then the CAFC version of Hudson would be a good signing, no doubt about that!

Charlton released players - Harry Arter, Darren Ambrose, Svetoslav Todorov, Nicky Weaver, Aswad Thomas and Rashid Yussuff

Out of contract and under discussion - Jonathan Fortune, Matt Holland, Darren Randolph and Zheng Zhi

i think Hudson would be a great signing to enhance our squad and talking of targets from Charlton, i would love to see us sign Darren Ambrose, he could be the creative midfield player that we need, i havent seen much of him but when i have he has shown the quality of a top end championship player

both definately worth a look at

Archived