IGNORED

Not Overly Impressed With This Bep Headline

Mrdc

I wasn't expecting any real business in June but if we see many players that ought to be on our target list moving to other Championship clubs without us making signings it will be concerning. I think it will really start to happen in July for most people.

I'm not suprised with this. Our first signings in the last 2 seasons were on 27th June so we'll probably not sign anyone til around about then anyway. I'm suprised Sextone came out and said this though as some fans are already getting frustrated by the lack of signings. I would have just kept schtum.

As ever you have to look beyond the headline & only look at the "quotes" to see anything of real substance:

Sexstone said: "It is like trying to nail jelly to the wall. Some targets are moving on quite well, some are moving and some aren't moving.

I think most normal business people would describe football transfer transactions in a similarly uncomplimentary fashion. My interpretation of what he's actually said is that some things are looking good, spme in the balance & others aint going to happen. Thats pretty much exactly what I'd expect & I am sure the other 91 clubs in the league are in much of a similar position.

Signings by Championship clubs since the end of the season so far:

Stephen Dobbie [Queen of the South - Swansea]

David Marshall [Norwich - Cardiff]

Tommy Rowe [stockport - Peterborough]

Darren Purse [Cardiff - Sheffield Wednesday]

Tommy Miller [ipswich - Sheffield Wednesday]

Ben Pringle [ilkeston - Derby]

Chris Weale [bristol City - Leicester]

Nathan Dyer [southampton - Swansea City]

Nothing's really happening yet because people are away on holiday, waiting to see what offers drop and so on.

Signings by Championship clubs since the end of the season so far:

Stephen Dobbie [Queen of the South - Swansea]

David Marshall [Norwich - Cardiff]

Tommy Rowe [stockport - Peterborough]

Darren Purse [Cardiff - Sheffield Wednesday]

Tommy Miller [ipswich - Sheffield Wednesday]

Ben Pringle [ilkeston - Derby]

Chris Weale [bristol City - Leicester]

Nathan Dyer [southampton - Swansea City]

Nothing's really happening yet because people are away on holiday, waiting to see what offers drop and so on.

Thanks for saving me the bother of looking these up! Some people seem to mistake gossip, made up stories on the web picked up by the press and planted stories by clubs and agents designed to get the best deal for them for actual transfers. :disapointed2se:

Jesus, what a crap report. Lots of words saying nothing at all, typical.

I like how they suggest our pre season is going better than our recruitment drive, What the hell do the EP know what goes on at AG all of a sudden?

Hardly any players have moved nationally, totally pointless making public any bids we are making either, what a load of crap its just rubbish, there are many weeks left until the window closes to do deals.

I think from this week onwards the Evil Post is being printed in Oxfordshire (?). So their headline news stories will appear 2 days after being discussed on here instead of the previous one day time lapse. Hope this has cleared things up.

With the abuse he's had on here in the past I guess he would be happy at being "forgotten" and allowed to get on witht the (IMO) great job he is doing
Exactly its the nature of the job that he is not going to please every 1, the bloke deals in a twofaced business full of money sharks and chancers. Hope for a couple of surprising (good) signings,plenty of time yet .

I think from this week onwards the Evil Post is being printed in Oxfordshire (?). So their headline news stories will appear 2 days after being discussed on here instead of the previous one day time lapse. Hope this has cleared things up.

:rofl2br::clapping:

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/sport/Brist...il/article.html

I know its only June but other teams do seem to be signing players and it almost seems if the exscuses have started already.

Hopefully some quality signings are just around the corner.

I wouldn't bank on that.The only surprise is our usual feeble range of excuses for failure is coming out earlier than usual and from Sexstone.When you see the lad Moxey likely to be off to Derby for such a comparatively small fee you wonder what the Johnson's do all summer.It seems to me likely that they both hibernate

I wouldn't bank on that.The only surprise is our usual feeble range of excuses for failure is coming out earlier than usual and from Sexstone.When you see the lad Moxey likely to be off to Derby for such a comparatively small fee you wonder what the Johnson's do all summer.It seems to me likely that they both hibernate

Not happy with how the team has done under Gary Johnson, then?

It's amazing really, our best 2 consecutive league finishes for decades yet we are patently rubbish at spotting, signing & developing new talent. Clearly Johnson has purely relied on inheriting a good squad of players from the prev regime.

Oh hang on, just looked at the team v Burnley, in the entire squad there are 2 players (Orr & Skuse) that were inherited. In fairness, if fit, Carey too would have played. That still means only 3 out of the squad are inheririted. Yet somehow we are nowhere near as good at transfers as other teams but still finish above a lot of them.......... wierd.

Not happy with how the team has done under Gary Johnson, then?

I am very happy with what GJ has done with the squad he has had.What I am not happy with and what worries the hell out of me is his and his brother's performance in the transfer market.We cannot continue to tread water in the transfer windows if the club is to gain strength and become a bigger fish in the pond.Other clubs sign the likes of Moxey and not for£2 million.We seem to struggle to land targets consistently, don't try for season long loans and I fear that soon this will come home to roost.

I am very happy with what GJ has done with the squad he has had.What I am not happy with and what worries the hell out of me is his and his brother's performance in the transfer market.

Can you not see the obvious contradiction here?

Archived