IGNORED

Newcastle Flights

punnett

Cant fly back from Newcastle on Saturday night any more (like many did for Carlisle a couple of years ago) looks like a Saturday night at the Bigg market then and a Sunday afternoon flight home, slightly strange really as there are evening flights back to Bristol every other night

I would suggest to anyone that when you see the Newcastle away fixture date think before booking......

TV has a wonderful way of interrfering with best laid plans....

Also book early as the flights up for the game v Hartlepool not so long ago soon reached sums you would not associate with cheapo airlines.

Also do-able on train direct from both BTM and Parkway.

£100 rtn could work same price or cheaper than flights.

I looked not long ago on the EasyJet site to check prices, for adults they ranged from £20-£35 each way. However if the match in mind airlines may decide to raise prices for that particular weekend.

I looked not long ago on the EasyJet site to check prices, for adults they ranged from £20-£35 each way. However if the match in mind airlines may decide to raise prices for that particular weekend.

They raise the price whatever happens.

They have some "cheap" tickets, when they sell they raise the price again, when they sell they raise the price again. etc etc

The prices rise with demand. The more people book the higher the price till the demand decreases and the price drops. It will be cheaper on the train for most but not as convienient [obviously flights around forty five minutes].

You'd be damn lucky to get them for those prices I'm afraid. Budget for double that.

Cheers, must have missed it first time. Who thinks we'll sell out for this game? I'd have thought we'd get around 3,000 allocated if we needed it.

Definitely a sell-out, it'll be the one game everyone wants to go to, with a 50,000 capacity would hope to get more than 3000, remember going there in early 90s the attendence was only 11000, so much for the countrys most loyal supporters!

Definitely a sell-out, it'll be the one game everyone wants to go to, with a 50,000 capacity would hope to get more than 3000, remember going there in early 90s the attendence was only 11000, so much for the countrys most loyal supporters!

I just hope they give us a decent section of the ground. I've been to St James' Park a few times and the away fans are always stuck up in the corner of the top tier in the main stand. Seeing as the ground will rarely sell out to home fans (I'd imagine - 55,000 in the Championship is pretty unlikely!) then hopefully they'll give the away fans a bit more of a decent view.

Anybody know what they'll be doing about ticket prices? I wonder if they'll try and maintain Premier League prices?!

I don't know why people are so against driving to games like this. Average of 12p per mile you could drive there and back for £70 between 3/4 of you it's cheap as chips!

Considering how long it takes to fly, waiting around in airports, taxes etc, coupled with the price of tickets, it's much cheaper and convenient to drive up surely.

I don't know why people are so against driving to games like this. Average of 12p per mile you could drive there and back for £70 between 3/4 of you it's cheap as chips!
I drive to most away games but even I shall be getting on a plane for this one. With traffic and service station stops your looking at a 7 hour trip each way and that ain't something I really fancy doing tbh.

I don't see how it can be a 7 hour trip each way. I did Sheffield in less than 3 last season and then it's only another 1.5/2 hours on.

I reckon you could do it door to door in 5 plus whatever you want to add on for stoppages, probably comparable with getting to the airport, checking in, boarding, flight, then getting through the airport and getting to wherever you're staying.

I remember doing that with Hartlepool, seemed like such a quick and easy idea but from door to door it probably took as long or longer than driving, and much more expensive.

Archived