IGNORED

First Game Of The Season

redpole

So with next seasons fixtures out tomorrow, who do people think we will get as 1st game of the season? I think we will get Blackpool away!

I doubt it, that was the first game last season. Somebody else's turn for Blackpool in the monsoon methinks.

Guest RobbieTurner
So with next seasons fixtures out tomorrow, who do people think we will get as 1st game of the season? I think we will get Blackpool away!

Peterboro away.

Hope we get Newcastle away 3rd April ...my b'day :bounce:

Cardiff away I reckon. Would prefer Cardiff on my bday though March 24th.

Would be a good one but not too likely I think. There was in interesting article on the BBC Sport website yesterday regarding the workings of the fixture computer (sounds VERY complicated!), and they make a concious effort not to have derby (or games involving major rivals) games as the first or last games of the season.

http://www.BBC.co.uk/blogs/paulfletcher/20...ute.html#097608

Either Sheffield Utd or Preston away. After 6 straight years of home openers until last year our luck's run out.

Blackpool away last season?

I hope we get a tough one, one of the relegated teams. Go away, nick a point and get a good feeling about the season.

Better than getting gubbed by Barnsley at home (no offence to our Barnsley chum!) and getting on a downer!

Cardiff away early doors would be great too!

I think we will be away, as its that stupd thing involving baloons over the weekend of the 8th August.

An away game would be better for me, as the mrs wants to go and see Liverpool play a friendly against some european team......

I think we will be away, as its that stupd thing involving baloons over the weekend of the 8th August.

An away game would be better for me, as the mrs wants to go and see Liverpool play a friendly against some european team......

It doesn't always follow that we are away if the opening day falls on the Balloon Fiesta. QPR two seasons ago being a prime example and it had no obvious affect on the attendance as there were over 18,000 in AG that day.

I can almost guarantee (on Police and council advice) that we will be away for the first game as as you say the Bristol International Balloon Fiesta is that weekend, and is anything but stupid! The Red Arrows will be attending on Saturday afternoon too (Sunday last year) and so if the crowds weren't big enough already that is going to add to the volume of traffic in the area.

Only Newcastle & Boro as new grounds to do so getting one of these trips out of the way early doors would be good but don't really care as long as it's Away and a sunny day!

Then again just had a thought that Plymuff would be nice run...then back to Torquay for the evening!

I can almost guarantee (on Police and council advice) that we will be away for the first game as as you say the Bristol International Balloon Fiesta is that weekend, and is anything but stupid! The Red Arrows will be attending on Saturday afternoon too (Sunday last year) and so if the crowds weren't big enough already that is going to add to the volume of traffic in the area.

Yeah, I love the Balloon fiesta!

I'm going for Preston away.

Archived