IGNORED

Barnsley Bid

riddlesdown red

Interesting to see that Barnsley have just had a bid for a Glasgow rangers midfielder turned down, which suggests they are looking to sell da silva, and maximise his value with a potential bidding war if we are one of the teams in with a shout then da silva will be on the move but where and more importantly how will he improve our team. A few european teams operate with the two central midfield players in deepers roles but then have natural wingers (not midfield players who can play wide but can't go past a player)

How would we line in up in midfield if this deal went through

Interesting to see that Barnsley have just had a bid for a Glasgow rangers midfielder turned down, which suggests they are looking to sell da silva, and maximise his value with a potential bidding war if we are one of the teams in with a shout then da silva will be on the move but where and more importantly how will he improve our team. A few european teams operate with the two central midfield players in deepers roles but then have natural wingers (not midfield players who can play wide but can't go past a player)

DE SILVA, MARV, MARTIN with LJ in Marv's back pocket?

Guest barnsley

I see threads that Adam is a replacement for Anderson, I would just like to say this is NOT True, We already have Andersons replacement in Hugo Colace should he go, Adam will be a replacement for Mcindoe or Howard,

I see threads that Adam is a replacement for Anderson, I would just like to say this is NOT True, We already have Andersons replacement in Hugo Colace should he go, Adam will be a replacement for Mcindoe or Howard,

Blimey you lot move fast!

Have you replaced Barry Murphy yet?

Guest barnsley

:laugh: weve had replacements but they been Loans, Adam is more of a AM/LM Player and Anderson is a DM, Him and Colace are similar, only difference is Anderson has much better skills with him being a Brazilian

We still aint replaced Neil Shipperley yet :(

Guest RobbieTurner

Hopefully....

Sinclair

De Silva

Elliott

Martin

if no Sinclair or Martin, simply replace with Sproule and McIndoe....

:laugh: weve had replacements but they been Loans, Adam is more of a AM/LM Player and Anderson is a DM, Him and Colace are similar, only difference is Anderson has much better skills with him being a Brazilian

We still aint replaced Neil Shipperley yet :(

Just out of interest Barnsley, nothing to do with this post but who do you see as your main/local rivals and who do you hate/ have a grudge against and for what reason?

Guest barnsley

Sheff Wed, Sheff Utd, Doncaster, L**ds

Sheff Wed - Never liked em, Biggest Rivals

Sheff Utd - Were not exactly a Rival till what happened wi Hume

Doncaster - Cocky because they beat us 5 times in a row

Leeds - Big club my @*se

Rotherham Bradford etc we get on with, good friendly banter etc.

Leeds - Big club my @*se

They've got a point though........... :whistle2:

Guest barnsley
They've got a point though........... :whistle2:

:laugh: Best bit about that is.......... They beat us with there 2nd team in the LDV, and we had 1st team out, likes of Flinders Mcphail Shuker etc

Leeds - Big club my @*se

My geography is not that great but I know Barnsley Rotherham and Doncaster are S.YORKS? But what sort of distance in terms of miles are they away from you? Do you have banter at work with local supporters and do you have armchair Man Utd,Liverpool,Chelsea fans in Barnsley that wear replica shirts around town like in Bristol? Would you rather see someone in a local football shirt than an armchair fan?

Guest barnsley
My geography is not that great but I know Barnsley Rotherham and Doncaster are S.YORKS? But what sort of distance in terms of miles are they away from you? Do you have banter at work with local supporters and do you have armchair Man Utd,Liverpool,Chelsea fans in Barnsley that wear replica shirts around town like in Bristol? Would you rather see someone in a local football shirt than an armchair fan?

Yes we have them unfortunatly, we are about 1 hour from Manchester.

I have banter at work but most of them are Sheffield Wednesday Fans

I can see us signing Da Silva given the fact Basso is at the club, but does anyone else think this could be a smokescreen to cover who we are really in for? GJ keeps his cards close to his chest and whilst there are always rumours flying around, opposing managers usually keep their mouths shut. Now whether that's because GJ has asked them not to or whether it's just the way, is up for debate. I wouldn't be suprised if GJ pulled the plug on the deal now Davey has come out and said we are chasing Da Silva.

Which leads nicely to my question

Do you ever get annoyed when people mix Barnsley up with Burnley?

I don't think anybody has done that.

The BNP took two seats in the Euro elections. One was in the North West, (ie, Burnley etc) and the other was in Yorkshire.

The town with the highest percentage of BNP voters in England was, drum roll, Barnsley.

You seem like a decent bloke, so aren't you a little embarassed that Barnsley now appears to be the home of the biggest BNP vote in England?

Bit of an odd question! Without wishing to turn this into a political debate - perhaps the people up there had good reason to vote that way.

Desperate times sometimes bring desperate measures.

I don't think anybody has done that.

The BNP took two seats in the Euro elections. One was in the North West, (ie, Burnley etc) and the other was in Yorkshire.

The town with the highest percentage of BNP voters in England was, drum roll, Barnsley.

Really? I didn't think they took anything in Yorkshire. I knew it was Lancashire and thought it was Humberside too.

I may be wrong though

It is a shame these Northern towns have resorted to voting in extremist political parties - hopefully not a trend that will continue for long

Really? I didn't think they took anything in Yorkshire. I knew it was Lancashire and thought it was Humberside too.

I may be wrong though

It is a shame these Northern towns have resorted to voting in extremist political parties - hopefully not a trend that will continue for long

The Euro seat is referred to as Yorkshire & Humberside, hence the confusion.

I agree with your final sentence.

Archived