IGNORED

Red Goblin Escapes Prison

StapleHillPhil

Well it's either him or the other nutter.

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/homepage/Br...il/article.html

Bristol court 'garlic attack' charges dropped

Tuesday, June 16, 2009, 16:30http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/homepage/Br...l#StartComments

A man charged with contaminating Bristol Crown Court with a putrid garlic-smelling substance, causing £5,000 damage, has had the case against him dropped.

Closed circuit television footage showed Martyn Foster, who has changed his name to Gordon Alastair Darling-Brown, walking around the busy court centre in Small Street on the day of the attack on April 14.

The foul substance, which had been secreted behind radiators and in plant pots throughout the four-storey building, caused a stench which prompted barristers, solicitors and court users to spill out of the building in search of fresh air.

Following investigations Darling-Brown, 51, from Tetbury, was charged with damaging property as well as using disorderly behaviour causing alarm or distress.

Today the Crown Prosecution Service, without making any explanation, dropped the case before District Judge Simon Cooper at Bristol Magistrates Court.

Rachel Garstang, prosecuting, told the judge: "My application is for both of these charges to be discontinued."

Bearded Darling-Brown, wearing spectacles and a black and yellow shirt bearing the logo 'Chivas Elephant Polo Team', told the court he lived "in a big house" when asked to confirm his address.

He complained about not being allowed to have a pen or hairbrush whilst in custody, but said "well done" when he heard he was off the hook.

Ian Kelcey, his solicitor, told the Bristol Evening Post: "I think my client is very pleased justice has been seen to be done and the case against him has been discontinued."

Though the case against Darling-Brown has been discontinued, the smell of garlic still lingers on stairwells at the court, having permeated throughout the building.

It was so strong when the attack took place one woman said: "It was utterly disgusting; I've never experienced anything like it. It made me gag and I can smell it on my clothes and hair."

Senior listing officer Nigel Northeast said the cost of repair following the damage was at least £5,000.

He said wall-mounted seven radiators had to be removed from their fixings and industrially cleaned.

Mr Northeast said, after taking advice from police at the time of the incident, he did not assess the substance to be a danger to the public.

He said: "There was never an official evacuation, people made their own judgements and if they were uncomfortable they left the building."

Only two courts out of the nine running that day adjourned business, because they were waiting to empanel juries for trials, he said.

In a statement the CPS said: "Having studied the CCTV footage more closely, reviewing lawyer Tony Schofield concluded that there is currently insufficient evidence to provide a realistic prospect of conviction.

"Should further evidence be presented to us we will review the case in line with the Code for Crown Prosecutors."

Well it's either him or the other nutter.

"Should further evidence be presented to us we will review the case in line with the Code for Crown Prosecutors."

The hopelessly corrupt and overpaid Toff Crown Prosecution Service lawyers kneel and gasp before 'Gordon Alastair Darling-Brown' - the champion dung spreader - in humiliating defeat. :winner_third_h4h::farmer:

Archived