IGNORED

Are We Running Out Of Transfer Rumours?

Red_Mat

I'm a pretty sad person as anyone who knows me will agree, and since the end of last season I've been keeping a list of all the players who've been linked with City in some way. Of course, I've left out the really ridiculous (Kaka, Ronaldo, Messi, anyone from the sags) or the completely made up (Alfie Masterson, anyone?!).

So far I'm up to 102 players.

However, I can't help noticing that over the last week or so, the rate of suggestions has decreased significantly. Now, I don't know whether that's because people are starting to go on holiday or they're bored of coming up with potential targets, or whether it's simply because we've run out of potential players to name!

One hundred and two players - that's nearly 10 teams worth. Or half a division! But really ladies and gentlemen, have we really exhausted the list of possible targets? Is there really no-one else we can make up a rumour about?

Also, does anyone else feel that the sheer number of players rumoured to be joining us this summer has been higher than in the past summer break? Is it because the club has been so secretive in what they do we've had so little to work with? And is that a good or bad thing!? Personally I think a lack of info just breeds more intrigue and suspicion...

I'm a pretty sad person as anyone who knows me will agree, and since the end of last season I've been keeping a list of all the players who've been linked with City in some way. Of course, I've left out the really ridiculous (Kaka, Ronaldo, Messi, anyone from the sags) or the completely made up (Alfie Masterson, anyone?!).

So far I'm up to 102 players.

However, I can't help noticing that over the last week or so, the rate of suggestions has decreased significantly. Now, I don't know whether that's because people are starting to go on holiday or they're bored of coming up with potential targets, or whether it's simply because we've run out of potential players to name!

One hundred and two players - that's nearly 10 teams worth. Or half a division! But really ladies and gentlemen, have we really exhausted the list of possible targets? Is there really no-one else we can make up a rumour about?

Also, does anyone else feel that the sheer number of players rumoured to be joining us this summer has been higher than in the past summer break? Is it because the club has been so secretive in what they do we've had so little to work with? And is that a good or bad thing!? Personally I think a lack of info just breeds more intrigue and suspicion...

'Red Mat's complete rumour list' - I'd like to see that list. :)

When you've got a spare half or so you should put your 102 player list up as a separate topic, if possible in the order they were first mentioned.

After that any more can be added who crop up from now on and most of them, like Moxey etc. can be crossed off as they sign for other clubs.

As the only member ( probably ) with the complete list this is surely your duty to the forum Mat. :yes:

I don't think that that is sad at all OP, a little geeky, but not sad.

I'd be interested to know if while you have been compiling this list, have you been keeping a record of the source of each suggestion?

Hmm, sadly not. I didn't think to be that completist. Maybe next year.

I did try to keep a detailed list of club/position, but didn't manage with all of them. I thought age, potential cost and favourite tipple might be taking things a little too far...

Archived