IGNORED

Second De Silva Bid Rejected

Big Nose

I would tell Barnsley to go and jump, if this player is out of contract next summer - then just let them take the risk of losing him for nothing. Or If I was GJ I would wait to the winter trans window - if he's still at Barnsley then they will have to sell him alot cheaper, unless they do want to genuinely make no money on this player!

Come to think of it, do we really even need him? I think Skuse is coming on massively with each and every season - he's probably going to be better than De Silva this season.

Oh yes we need him.

We need 4 top class midfielders, De Silva would add the extra bit of quality and creativity we sometimes lack, as a Brazilian his technique will be a great asset in a team like ours, we are a passing side after all.

Elliot

Skusay

Johnson

De Silva

Would be one of the strongest midfield's in the Championship, couple that with Lee Martin maybe and another tasty striker and we're good to go!

We can afford him, weather SL should put his hand in his pocket again is of course entirely up to him. I think we shouldn't pay over the odds for anyone, but decent players cost money, that's the reality.

Oh yes we need him.

We need 4 top class midfielders, De Silva would add the extra bit of quality and creativity we sometimes lack, as a Brazilian his technique will be a great asset in a team like ours, we are a passing side after all.

Elliot

Skusay

Johnson

De Silva

Would be one of the strongest midfield's in the Championship, couple that with Lee Martin maybe and another tasty striker and we're good to go!

We can afford him, weather SL should put his hand in his pocket again is of course entirely up to him. I think we shouldn't pay over the odds for anyone, but decent players cost money, that's the reality.

No:-

Martin

elliott

DaSilva

Skuse

Guest Eamer
No:-

Martin

elliott

DaSilva

Skuse

I think CiderHider was talking about the players that would be battling for the middle two positions... Martin certainly wouldn't be one of those.

I think CiderHider was talking about the players that would be battling for the middle two positions... Martin certainly wouldn't be one of those.

He'll know that already. It was just too good an opportunity to have a dig at LJ, that's all.

Guest Eamer
He'll know that already. It was just too good an opportunity to have a dig at LJ, that's all.

Gah, well, if he wants to dig at LJ I'll start being REALLY picky and start moaning at spelling errors. In which case;

Mate, you can't spell. It's DE SILVA not DA SILVA

Well lets put it this way, GJ knows there valuation, and he is STILL putting in offers, he cant be far off the mark! Instead of pussy footing around put in a decent offer or leave well alone, move on to the next target.

If you had the purse strings we would be back in Div one.

I have not got to know the offer, but to go back twice???

The world doesnt work in the way you think. If you want something you TRY and get it for as little as you can. EVERY deal is done in the way Johnson is doing it.He has his own valuation for the player, so why pay over the odds.

As for me and purse strings, the way you conduct business would probably mean we were in the same position as we were in 1982 now.

Well lets put it this way, GJ knows there valuation, and he is STILL putting in offers, he cant be far off the mark! Instead of pussy footing around put in a decent offer or leave well alone, move on to the next target.

If you had the purse strings we would be back in Div one.

I have not got to know the offer, but to go back twice???

So you've never haggled in a market then? :dunno:

I really hope we get this signing done but I worry that we may end up paying over the value. Whilst I'm happy to see we're atleast attempting to get things done this pre season I'm still a little worried that a high signing like this may see other signings cut short.

Oh yes we need him.

Elliot

Skusay

Johnson

De Silva

What about Williams?

Archived