IGNORED

Next Season

SecretSam

What are your realistic expectations for the final position next season?

I think the runaway success of our first season in the CCC "raised the bar", so now, perhaps unrealistically, we expect a promotion challenge.

But with a number of 'strong' teams coming down, it's going to be a tough year.

Would another mid-table finish, perhaps a flirtation with the play-offs, be enough for you? And what do you think the Board expect?

Difficult question to answer, with current squad I would except a similair finish as last season. I would have thought the board will be looking for another season of progression and would be expecting us to push for play offs at least.

IF we are after some of the signings that have been mouted around and we get some I would also except a play off push also if not a little better! :Believe:

Difficult question to answer, with current squad I would except a similair finish as last season. I would have thought the board will be looking for another season of progression and would be expecting us to push for play offs at least.

IF we are after some of the signings that have been mouted around and we get some I would also except a play off push also if not a little better! :Believe:

Unlikely I would think as the current squad has only Maynard, Trundle and Akinde as striking options. :disapointed2se:

Depends, Akinde and Maynard would have improved so would except a bit more from them.

I don't get the sense Akinde will be first choice next season but who knows? Still, a couple of injuries and we'd down to one striker. Two more needed surely? :fingerscrossed:

Top 6 finish for me next season looking at who has gone none of them were first teamers or had big impacts on our season last time so a relegation battle seems a bit harsh to say the least so top 6 for me Always Beleave

Gj is having to rebuild a workmanlike, defensively minded mid-table side who predominantly set out to stop the opposition playing and catch them on the break into one that will be on the front foot a lot more, play good football and let the opposition worry about us. That will take time and another tenth placed finish with far more entertaining football this season will do me nicely. Then we can start looking realistically at top six finishes and the like. GJ has a five year plan (him and Millen signed the contracts) and we're only in year two. We just aren't ready yet for anything better in my view.

Depends on additions to the squad (which badly needs strengthening). Without the necessary signings, I think we will be in for a mIddle third finish (but on page 2/2 on Ceefax). With the right names and attitudes... who knows. The difference between success and failure can be very slim.

On the subject of Newcastle... apart from a bloody good night out, and a pint or two in Idols pre Kick Off they are worth missing. I can only see them drop like a stone. Their current crop of players on £mega who don't want to be in the CCC but the PL won't touch 'em (Joey Barton for one, Damien Duff for another) is simply unaffordable. Any prospective owner will look toward a major piece of pruning. They will be reliant on the likes of Andy Carroll

Middlesbrough? Straight back up. With some of their bigger earners already dumped, and ability to sign newer talent (and Steve Gibsons money), they'll bounce.

What are your realistic expectations for the final position next season?

I think the runaway success of our first season in the CCC "raised the bar", so now, perhaps unrealistically, we expect a promotion challenge.

But with a number of 'strong' teams coming down, it's going to be a tough year.

Would another mid-table finish, perhaps a flirtation with the play-offs, be enough for you? And what do you think the Board expect?

I'm going for 8th position after slipping away in the final weeks,

i think we will sign 4 players,

1 defence,1 midfield,2 strikers,

as long as we finish in the top 12 i will be happy again. :clapping::clapping::clapping:

Guest churchill gaffer

With the players that have left or coming in, not a lot.

There will be a lot of p****d off fans during and after the season.

The season tickets for the following season will drop away again.

We needed another target man, and once again we have not got the players we all expected to get.

Maynard does not win balls in the air, and apparently the new Motherwell striker does'nt either!

We needed cover at centre half, and we have not got any!

All the talk of we need a winger, and every target has snubbed us for what they think is a better team!

I think we will be about 18th come the end of the season :disapointed2se::fastasleep: IMO IMO!

Being totally realistic, City simply don't have Millions to splash around on players and wages............so for me GJ has no choice but to always think about Team spirit and players who will work hard and give 100% all the time for the team. Players who are easy to work with and will listen to what he wants and in general have a good attitude.

City will need 4 players added of better quality to the starting 11 for me if we hope to push on.......these players have to settle in and gel, that can go one way or another. As fans we will always expect a top 6 finish, At a guess I would say City wll finish in 12th place.

The managment team will hope and expect Play offs.

Will luck we will push on.............

YOU REDS............ :englandsmile4wf:

With the players that have left or coming in, not a lot.

There will be a lot of p****d off fans during and after the season.

The season tickets for the following season will drop away again.

We needed another target man, and once again we have not got the players we all expected to get.

Maynard does not win balls in the air, and apparently the new Motherwell striker does'nt either!

We needed cover at centre half, and we have not got any!

All the talk of we need a winger, and every target has snubbed us for what they think is a better team!

I think we will be about 18th come the end of the season :disapointed2se::fastasleep: IMO IMO!

I'm confused. Has the transfer window closed? Or do you have a time machine and are confirming that we will not have signed anybody by the time it does?

Archived