Liam Fontaine 23

Tristan Plummer 19

Christian Ribeiro 19

James Wilson 20

Frankie Artus 20

Andre Blackman 18

plus the first year proffessionals...

The futures bright the futures CITY! :city:

A strategy does seem to be apparent doesn't it? It would not have made sense to throw in a lot of young players (our own or ones brought in ) as soon as we were promoted. So we seem to have gone largely for experience to keep us up and establish us and now seem to be moving towards building a younger squad. Not disssimilar to Alan Dicks' approach in fact.

I say good GJ and SL for not bankrupting the club and sticking to a plan. I have said for a while now that we should support Gary in the long run as he was given a five year contract so he obviously had a working plan. Now it appears to be surfacing and I feel quite excited for the forthcoming season. Hereford here we come.

Its really good.

Much prefer we try to develop players more, i like seeing young players progress themselves at AG and like to think we have the set up to offer the best young players the right stage to make it to the top.

Can also make a few quid too, look how Ajax set themselves up Ajax, their youth system is world renowned, its a self fulfilling prophesy now. would be nice to think we can be like them playing good footy, churning out the talent while wining stuff. heh, not asking too much then! :winner_third_h4h:

The future looks bright, but next season is all that matters we simply have to still be in this div this time next year.

Forest have brought in exp goalscorers in this league and added them to those they already have, the facts are we have brought in 2 players so far with no exp at all in this div; hoping for a Blackstock or simular and another exp midfield linkman before we start this next tough season. :fingerscrossed:

Oh I wish I was an optimist.I see Adebola not replaced therefore no target for Clarkson or Maynard to work off and are we going to play these two together.The defence is strenghtened by an 18 year old unknown.Yet again all the talk of targets and making the squad stronger is the usual old bull and spin from Johnson.At the moment the sqaud is weaker than last season not stronger and the abysmal last three months do not augur well.As for a bright future it will be in League 1 , if Johnson cannot start signing some players better than we have or with some pedigree in this division.

Oh I wish I was an optimist.I see Adebola not replaced therefore no target for Clarkson or Maynard to work off and are we going to play these two together.The defence is strenghtened by an 18 year old unknown.Yet again all the talk of targets and making the squad stronger is the usual old bull and spin from Johnson.At the moment the sqaud is weaker than last season not stronger and the abysmal last three months do not augur well.As for a bright future it will be in League 1 , if Johnson cannot start signing some players better than we have or with some pedigree in this division.

Won,t want your season ticket then. Will you accept offers.

Interesting how half the forum is glad to see the back of him because they think a big man encourages long ball tactics and the other half wants a like for like replacement. So whatever Gary does re strikers he's going to get slated. what cust do?

I suppose we have to just wait and see who else signs then. It's pointless doing your own head in over something that hasn't even happened yet. It is clear that we will sign more players including more in the forward positions that you so want to see - but you can't always get them in the order you would like that would excite the fans. If Johnson was picking signings in order we would probably have two big ones snapped up already and Blackman would have been tucked away in the background at the end.

If nothing further has happened by the end of July then it is time to question the lack of bodies - otherwise it seems like a pointless exercise to accuse the manager of "bull and spin" when you do not know for a second whether that is true or not.

Interesting how half the forum is glad to see the back of him because they think a big man encourages long ball tactics and the other half wants a like for like replacement. So whatever Gary does re strikers he's going to get slated. what cust do?

Surely you have a mix of strikers not all in the same mould.But however you cut it some height and power in the forward line is essnetial whoever you play for unless you are Brazil.

Fair enough if you came out with these comments on september the 1st when the transfer window was shut, but the fact is we have 2 months left and IMO have started off with two very solid addtions in Clarkson and a young promising defender.

Johnson is quite clearly working on a replacment for Adebola and has said this on a number of occasion we ''we are looking to bring in 1 or maybe 2 strikers''... Yes at the moment the squad is slightly weaker but so are a lot of clubs at this stage of the year (Man United of all clubs springs to mind). I wish fans would just wait and see untill they start predicting doom and gloom statements like '' we are heading to league 1'' it really does baffle me.

Surely you have a mix of strikers not all in the same mould.But however you cut it some height and power in the forward line is essnetial whoever you play for unless you are Brazil.

I wouldn't disagree personally but my point was that if Gary signs a big man half the forum will complain and the other half will complain if he doesn't. :disapointed2se:

Interesting how half the forum is glad to see the back of him because they think a big man encourages long ball tactics...

I'm not sure it works that way in practice. Assuming that the manager isn't some Pulis-type who has explicitly told the players to hoof the ball, I see long-ball (at least aimless long-ball, not direct football leading to chances and goals) as a symptom of panic and lack of confidence further back.

Having a player like Dele gives the team a chance of making something out of panicked, aimless punts and without him the ball just comes straight back at the defence.

Therefore whilst the defence and midfield is under pressure it is vital to have a player like Dele. Sort the problems further back and it's less of a necessity.

Fair enough if you came out with these comments on september the 1st when the transfer window was shut, but the fact is we have 2 months left and IMO have started off with two very solid addtions in Clarkson and a young promising defender.

Johnson is quite clearly working on a replacment for Adebola and has said this on a number of occasion we ''we are looking to bring in 1 or maybe 2 strikers''... Yes at the moment the squad is slightly weaker but so are a lot of clubs at this stage of the year (Man United of all clubs springs to mind). I wish fans would just wait and see untill they start predicting doom and gloom statements like '' we are heading to league 1'' it really does baffle me.

and when the transfer window is shut we can say well lets give em a few months to xmas;

GJ has been cautious in team selection and tactics and we have been prone to sitting back and not killing teams off when on top and have paid for it in dropped points.

I feel we have to kick on now and grab teams by the throat before they do, to us, and chuck us back down :noexpression:

Experience costs, pay the price.

I'm not sure it works that way in practice. Assuming that the manager isn't some Pulis-type who has explicitly told the players to hoof the ball, I see long-ball (at least aimless long-ball, not direct football leading to chances and goals) as a symptom of panic and lack of confidence further back.

Having a player like Dele gives the team a chance of making something out of panicked, aimless punts and without him the ball just comes straight back at the defence.

Therefore whilst the defence and midfield is under pressure it is vital to have a player like Dele. Sort the problems further back and it's less of a necessity.

I entirely agree, particularly with your first paragraph. In fact I think many if not most English teams (esp outside the Prem but some there too) resort to long ball when under pressure/lacking confidence. Witness the U21s hoofing long high balls to Walcott last night. :disapointed2se:

Good point. How many Man U fans are slagging off Ferguson for not replacing Ronaldo and Tevez yet I wonder?

Have I missed something here ? Does the season start tomorrow ?

Could you expand please for those of us who haven't heard it? :thumbsup:

he basically said that he has gave deadlines to the players we are after because he wants them in for the whole of pre-season he doesn't want them joining half-way through and missing half of it

Archived