IGNORED

Eliott Or Mcindoe

downendcity

I think it's fair to say that at the end of last season most of us would have been expecting Elliott to move away during the summer. By comparison, I also think it's fair to say that McIndoe was one of the last players we thought would leave.

Do you think BCFC is better off keeping Elliott and losing McIndoe, or would we have been better of keeping McIndoe and losing Elliott for big money.

This is not as daft a question as it might appear.

We had our best run of the season without Elliott, during which time Skuse at last showed his ability to fill that position, and the £3m or so we would get for ME would enable us to improve the squad. Despite not playing as well as in his first season, McIndoe was still an effective performer ( goals and assists put him top of the midfield) despite being asked to tuck in to help out the midfield. He has also given us proper balance on the left, which is where we struggled for so long. With no obvious replacement in the squad, any money we get for McIndoe will have to be used to buy in a good quality replacement with us probably having to spend more than we would get for MM and proper left footed left sided midfielders don't grow on trees.

I think it's fair to say that at the end of last season most of us would have been expecting Elliott to move away during the summer. By comparison, I also think it's fair to say that McIndoe was one of the last players we thought would leave.

Do you think BCFC is better off keeping Elliott and losing McIndoe, or would we have been better of keeping McIndoe and losing Elliott for big money.

This is not as daft a question as it might appear.

We had our best run of the season without Elliott, during which time Skuse at last showed his ability to fill that position, and the £3m or so we would get for ME would enable us to improve the squad. Despite not playing as well as in his first season, McIndoe was still an effective performer ( goals and assists put him top of the midfield) despite being asked to tuck in to help out the midfield. He has also given us proper balance on the left, which is where we struggled for so long. With no obvious replacement in the squad, any money we get for McIndoe will have to be used to buy in a good quality replacement with us probably having to spend more than we would get for MM and proper left footed left sided midfielders don't grow on trees.

elliott must stay

ME is part of the spine of the side, MM is good but not essential to our progress IMO, if he was 4 or 5 years younger then maybe. It appears he lost faith in the team/colleagues early last season and never produced his best again. As long as we have a suitable replacement lined up then happy to see him go.

elliott is one of the best players outside the prem. MM whilst talented is not in his class and marv is also younger. i take your point but its a no brainer for me.

i don't know why some people are so shocked about the MM transfer. I'm not. as soon as all of teh others signed their deals a few weeks back it was obvious something was up. we knew MM only had a year left and that GJ would look to get cash or P/ex in rather than lose him for nowt in a year time.

Definately Marv, he is one of the keys to our team. £3million is all very well but it still needs to be spent wisely on a replacement and I don't think we could get a replacement on his par. I like Mcindoe BUT he is known to be a trouble maker and he is not young for a winger, I would be more confident we could replace him than replacing Marv.

Reading a press clipping from EP it had the following quote from GJ that intrigued me

"I don't want to say too much about it at this time, because it has not happened yet and Michael could still come back here. Once it is done we will be able to talk about the reasons in greater detail."

This says to me that this is about more than Mcindoes skills on the field!!

elliott is one of the best players outside the prem. MM whilst talented is not in his class and marv is also younger. i take your point but its a no brainer for me.

i don't know why some people are so shocked about the MM transfer. I'm not. as soon as all of teh others signed their deals a few weeks back it was obvious something was up. we knew MM only had a year left and that GJ would look to get cash or P/ex in rather than lose him for nowt in a year time.

I would also rather Marvin stayed, by the way.

The reason I raised the question is more because we had resigned ourselves to losing Marvin, but news about McIndoe came as a bit of a shock, and also caused mixed reactions from posters - some happy for him to go, others not so.

Elliott is younger and the spine of the team is more important so I'd pick him despite how highly I value what MM does.

The best choice would be "both". I never expected Elliott to leave, we would have demanded a price far too high considering he was injured a lot.

As long as GJ has a replacement for MM who contributes as much I will be happy. If we start the season without a left winger however....

Elliot would bring in more money for signings and has a capable replacement in Skuse (Elliot was injured for half of last season, remember).

McIndoe is worth much less but is still one of the better left wingers in the Championship and a player we have zero cover for.

Out and out there's no doubt that Elliot is the better player but if I could have sold Elliot for £3m this summer and kept Macca I would have done. Or sold both and used the transfer money to buy a better left winger.

Elliot would bring in more money for signings and has a capable replacement in Skuse (Elliot was injured for half of last season, remember).

McIndoe is worth much less but is still one of the better left wingers in the Championship and a player we have zero cover for.

Out and out there's no doubt that Elliot is the better player but if I could have sold Elliot for £3m this summer and kept Macca I would have done. Or sold both and used the transfer money to buy a better left winger.

we have hardly spent a lot so far which would suggest that if a quality left winger was available we could afford to buy him

Archived